Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Coordinator

Found 67 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Interesting place to work.

The property I work for is a franchise property but I enjoy working here. I have been here for a while and received promotions. I love my coworkers, they are very friendly. In the sales department the most difficult part is keeping up with budget expectations once business slows down. During the end of the year when business is slow employee hours are cut back.

Marriott was pretty nice!

Job was relaxed for the most part, standard 8:30-5pm. There was covered parking, a cafe that made fresh food! It wasn’t bad at all! I just the pay was higher

Pros

Lot of down time, you can work independently, work life balance

Cons

Pay

Great work environment, but not many career advancements in Marketing

Marriott is an amazing employer, tons of awesome travel benefits, out of all the big hotel companies to work for, Marriott is the best. I wanted to develop my career in Marketing and unfortunately, there is not many opportunities to do that at a local level.

Great Company To Work For Before Covid

I was employed with Marriott International for 21 years and overall it was a great experience and a good company to work for. I started off in the hotels and worked my way to the corporate office where I worked remotely for 12 years. My job was eliminated due to the hospitality industry taking a hard hit from Covid. Therefore, the hospitality industry is not a great job for a career at this time and I do not know when they will rebound.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Hotel Room Discounts

Cons

Not A Recession Proof Industry

soulless company

zero heart, corporate machine. rarely promoted internally, virtually impossible to move up even if you have the highest accolades. been compared to old boys club.

Great Place to Start A Career In Hospitality or Customer Service

Great Company who hires from within. They may have you start at a ground level, but definitely move you up quickly if they see you have the potential. Great career opportunities within the same hotel or other hotels if you're willing to relocate. That means, if you want to work in Europe, then you should definitely consider applying here! This company will give enough training, however their modules were outdated when I started. I learned a lot from my peers & managers instead. I was lucky to have managers who always had and time to show me whatever, whenever I needed help. This company will also allow you to shadow other departments for a day or half day if you're interested. You're also given free meals during you shifts. The benefits, work/life balance and overall culture is great. I would definitely recommend to family and friends. The only negative thing I can report is the salary. But you are given compensation if you get are mentioned in a good review online and if you sell upgrades - selling upgrades is how I made money.

Pros

Cons

Salary

Huge Organization

The team I worked with, was amazing. Most of them have been working together for a long time, so there is lots of support from the entire team. There are plenty opportunities within the organization.

Flexible workplace and great colleagues

A great place to work! Flexible work hours and colleagues are great to work with. Opportunity to advance career or change departments if desired when available.

Productive and fun workplace

Great Pay, Benefits and team, highly recommend. Marriott Embraces culture and all of its employees! Marriott is a great place to work and move up in the world.

Great Workplace

great workplace environment and opportunity for growth. Benefits are great. Learned a lot from working in different departments. Ability to move to different areas with ease.

Poor management

Never want to work for a franchise again. Raises are not compatible to other hotels in the area. poor management. There is really not much more to say.

Watch out

If someone reports a coworker for something they did not do, there is no way to refute it. Management takes their word for it. If you do not do well with your stats compared with others you do not get a raise. Others will try to undermine you so that they can look better. NOT team-oriented. Everyone is for themselves.

Nice co-workers

Great Airport location to shuttle guest to and from hotel. Great co workers who are all team players. Nice guests The convenience of restaurants and interstate.

Office work place with cubicles and allocated computers

Clock-in, change into office attire, touch up make-up, grab a hot cup of black coffee, start up my computer, clear out my emails and begin work. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch break.

Pros

Meals Provided, Healthcare, Staff %

Cons

Long working hours

Okay place to work

They pay is my main grief, but the hours are flexible so good for a little while. Free lunches sometimes, and vendors come in for lunch that you can purchase. HR doesn't do much to help employees out and departments are very cliquey.

Marriott is a great company to work for

great company to work for. great opportunity for advancement within the company. trainings offered. managers are always flexible with working schedules.

Good direction from dept head and director of team, good place to start

Good place to start for a sales role, see an overview of different possible career progression in the hotel sales role. Fixed working hours in an international brand

Pros

Free lunches, Good starting point, Fixed working hours

Cons

Very political company to work for

Good benefits but felt like I was back in high school with employee clicks. Not the best environment if you are looking to work in a professional atmosphere.

Great place for advancement

As a sales and catering coordinator the Marriott was a great place to work to because of the opportunities for growth. Work hours were great with over-time hours available.

Great company to work for

As I stated in my previous answer, The new GM needed to work on his leadership skills and it effected the staff as a whole. I could not be productive and ensure my guests were well taken care of with his constant interference.

Pros

great people to work with and wonderful guests

Cons

GM needs to work on his leadership skills and learn how to interact with people.

Marriott LLC

Entry level hospitality industry for a small city location. Work schedule and tasks were well balanced for the level of difficulty, nothing was inherently too hard but some

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sales Coordinator