Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Executive

Found 56 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Na

Monday thru Friday 50 hour work weeks Management was helpful during the Sale Cycle Workplace culture was flexible and family oriented The most enjoyable part of the job was attending Sales University and training offsite

certain people are given excellent opportunities while every one else isi given leftover and are expendible

Worked there for eighteen months. I watched management hand pick tours for their favorite sales exexutive.The rest of us got their leftovers typically NQ's.Their overall production I feel would be better if thier line was run fairly

Pros

excellent product

Cons

poor management

Hard work, Good people

Marriott (prepandemic) was a good place to grow and advance with a company. They promote internal hires and will develop you if you express the want to move into leadership. Strong culture with good people however the industry is difficult and requires long hours, and is not easy to have work/life balance.

Pros

Culture, Good people, Ability to grow

Cons

Stressful industry, long hours, hard to maintain work life balance.

Felt valued and able to provide suggestions. Training is amazing. They encourage exploring career opportunities within the Company.

Pros

Room rate discount

Cons

N/a

Great company to work for

Great reputation in the industry. Best and largest hotelier in the world. I would recommend the hotel industry once the country is back to normal (pandemic free).

Productive professional and nurturing work environment

Fulfilling work and life balance. Ability to cross train across disciplines and truly perfect business acumen. Training and support from executive level management.

Great benefits and company culture

This company stands up to its reputation of integrity and is an industry leader. I've made amazing connections with clients and the relationships I've built with colleagues will lend to lifelong friendships.

Très agréable, Opportunités et perspectives

Culture, salaire, reconnaissance, direction au top et relations de travail, de l'entraide et un esprit familial. L'entreprise est très à l'écoute team bulding organisé régulièrement

International Company

The company is international there are many hotels around the world so it depends how lucky you are in each workplace. The salaries are average and the workload same

Flexible work

Flexible job with a work from home option. Not a great salary for the amount of time and energy devoted to this company. Benefits are good but expensive.

Stressful, lacking strong management

The company has grown and changed so much, which opens a lot of doors for upward movement. But in exchange, you give up a significant amount of work life balance. Management is complacent, corporate didn’t have a clear vision for the future, and as I found out after leaving the company, the pay scale is lower than the market average for everyone except the top level.

Pros

Discounts, upward movement potential

Cons

Pretty much everything else

the organisation help me to develop my leadership and communication skills .I felt part of the family , i learnt more about teamwork and i honed skills in organisational development.

Sales Leadership Position

- managed site visits - client relations and partnerships - worked closely with executive leadership, event management and hotel team to exceed customer expectations - manage business and sales decisions for the hotel - collaborate with revenue management for group sale business

Pros

team environment

Cons

long days

Awesome

The Marriott is a great company to work for! Lots of opportunity for advancement and they definitely support a great balance of work / life. Many great opportunities available.

Telemarketer job

I worked at the reservations center on Bainbridge for 8 years. OMG was okay at first. Poverty level pay. Not to mention the colleagues you have to work with in cubicles. They will hire anyone essentially who will tolerate the long boring training. Unfortunately the prehistoric computer system and software currently being used makes the job tedious and highly impossible. As of January when they unearthed the new sales force system used mainly to obtain personal information from customers. I noticed most people started quitting. None of the people who were there when I started still work at Marriott. Nepotism A lot of brown nosing. They have no background check so the majority of the people who are employed there are typically felons or illliterate people The MANAGERS who are typically uneducated and unskilled themselves are above the reps in the center. They use there own entrance and a separate bathroom also. Expect to be treated like a criminal and if you have a family or anything else in your life that matters, they don’t care. The metrics and adherence policies they have are insane. The policies change on a person to person basis.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Poverty level pay, no benefits, immature and unprofessional environment

Amazing opportunity to work, learn and develop new skills

It was very nice working with Marriott Resort as I had many different jobs. It was very great working place as it has all the needed for skills development, always pushes us to get better with training courses and on job cross training. Have knowledge and orientation about the whole departments.

Pros

Free meals 3, Accommodation, Health insurance

Cons

1 hour break, 30 days annual vacation

Part time

Echipa condusa de un expat din Noua Zeelanda, tanar si perseverent, am invatat multe lucruri

Pros

pauze dese

Great work enviroment

Marriott is a great company to work for. I would love the opportunity to work for the company again. I learned a lot from Marriott through their training programs and regret I ever left the company.

Great place t learn how to sell

Great place to learn to sell but unless you are a consistent closer you will not make it very long in this position. But I think everyone was supportive and wantded to see you succeed.

Great Company, Looking for challenge

I have been with Marriott for 30 years and due toworking remote in Richmond, there is no opportunity for advancement. Continue to meet goals for sales calls and production, but searching for new challenges in same or like industry.

Benefits

Cons

No growth potential

Good position but wrong fit

I absolutely love working at Kingsgate Marriott!! The management is excellent and very hands on with the employees. Between the regional sales leader, GM and AGM there is always someone available and happy to assist you. The only reason I am transferring positions is the work hours. You are required to work 52.5 hours per week in this position. My work life balance is tilted in the wrong direction right now and I just want more personal time. However, if you are hungry and aggressive and ready to build your resume, the interior sales position is a great fit...very challenging and fun!

Pros

great management, co-workers and travel discounts

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sales Executive