Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Manager

Found 120 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great Organization to Work For!

Wonderful experience, great growth opportunities, excellent team of people to work with. However the company tries to guarantee loyalty by keeping employees in same positions for extended periods to gain experience with in the company as Marriott rarely recognizes experience gained outside of Marriott. Promotion from within is indeed possible, however only after 3-5 years of employment (proven loyalty).

I enjoyed learning how to advance within the company and was easy once you follow the way things are don't, which you also get competitive rewards for work well done. As well the amazing discounts on hotels and other kinds of free promotional stuff is actually very rewarding.

Pros

Free lunches and surprise goodies

Cons

Handlinfg escallated calls but can be turned into a pro whwn handled correctly

Great Company

I've worked with Marriott for 10+ years and I really enjoyed it. I always had a great management team and was given the support I needed. Pay was good and I really appreciated the hotel discounts.

Great Place to Work!

I have worked at this hotel for over 5 years and it is a great place to work and advance in your career. The hotel was renovated a few years ago and the staff is great to work with and most people have worked for the company for over 10 years. They own 45 other hotels across the US so lots of opportunities if you don't mind moving. The Marriott North management team does a great job at showing their employees appreciation and everyone works as a team. I would recommend working for this hotel if you are new to hospitality or have many years of experience.

Pros

Free lunches, solid pay, friendly coworkers, opportunities to move up

Cons

None that I can think of

Loved working here!

I would still be working here if it was not for COVID. Great advancement through the company and management was easy to go to for help. Team work is a big portion of the job for sales. Will miss everyone that I worked with!

Good company

very long hours, somewhat decent pay but must pay for own parking. No breaks - micro managed - can't tell who's running the show - chance for advancement

Pros

great location

Cons

must pay for parking

Great Company

Marriot was a great company to work for. Plenty options to move up or around with the most hotels in the world. There was a culture of development and a feeling of family.

Best Hotel Company I've Worked For!

Although the pay isn't as great as competitors, Marriott was a great company to work for. I joined the company once they merged with Starwood Hotels and at first it was a little hectic (integrating systems, learning new programs/hotels/policies) but it turned into a very well oiled machine in no-time. I would absolutely return to the company in the future if the right opportunity presented itself.

Marriott Family

I am in love with this company, the people, the positive environment, the growth opportunity. There is not one person that will not say hello to you in the office, or sit and hear about your personal life - if needed. They care. I am learning everyday, I feel challenged, I feel happy.

Great Work/Life Balence

I had the ability to work from home, which helped my personally life immensely. Management was very "hands off" so it allowed me to excel in my own way using my personality to my benefit. What I learned while working to be a self starter and self motivated as I worked from home with little direction. The Hardest part of the job was the lack of social interaction as I thrive in an office setting and feed of the energy of an office.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Sales Manager positions
See more jobs

great place to work and learn

A very good and professional learning environment, the management supports you in your growth and empowers their associates as they go the extra mile to win their guests and make their guest experiences memorable. Relocation worldwide is a great benefit.

Great place to start

Loved working here at the TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo. Worked here as a front desk agent and worked my way up from Front Desk to Sales within a few years.

Productive and exciting company

Very diverse company with lots of room for advancement. Also the benefits are very good. They also offer a good retirement plan. I was not to happy with the last benefit provider.

company owns too much of the market

this is challenging to employees of the hotels directly as well as 3rd party agencies. Because the company owns such a large portion of hotel industry, they are able to set standards for salary and commissions.

Great culture, they take great of there employees like customers. Definitely recommend it , room for growth. Management is actually concerned about your opinion

Great benefits

Marriott has great benefits which compliment the salary (hospitality tends to be lower as an industry standard). If you like policies and processes, Marriott would be a good fit. They grew very quickly through the Starwood integration but seem to have worked through the challenges that came along with this. Positive culture for the most part but the benefits are great!

Friendly and respectful workplace.

I worked in Marriott for almost 7 years and would love to work again and its all about working culture and environment. Gives you opportunity to do what you love and passionate about.

Solid Company

It's truly a great company and can open doors for you. It all falls down to what department/position you hold. If you're at a hotel, be prepared to work hard and around the clock. You are compensated for it but there is close to no work life balance. I switched to a corporate position and the work life balance is better, but pays significantly less. There are opportunities to advance but it's all political. If they don't like you, you will not advance.

Benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Micro-Management and Harassment in Sales Department

Constant harassment and ridicule by department head in sales. Sales department head has a "Hazing-like" work environment for employees who coincidentally are minorities / LGBT. The hotel is run by a third party which means a lot of the conduct executed by management is not officially approved by Marriott International, Inc. During my employment I was victim and witnessed colleagues being belittled and bullied by the department head. I could not respect or work for such a small minded management group. Praying that the rest of the sales team makes it out OK.

Pros

Nice on the outside

Cons

Hourly with no paid holidays, Unrealistic sales goals for bonus, Apparent employee favoritism from upper management

They care about their employees.

Marriott's number objective is to ensure their employees are taken care of so the employees will take care of the guest. They understand it takes many to provide the customer service guest are accustomed too.

Great Place to start a career

First job out of school, learned a lot about working for a big company, how day-to-day works at large company. Management was great, culture was great.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sales Manager