Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 150 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Excellent Company

Great place to work and grow at a slow but steady pace. If you love the Hotel industry, then this is the place to be. Senior management is great and very approachable. Some politics/networking are necessary as in all large corporations, but no cut-throat or back-stabbing environment.

Pros

the people, the culture, the values

Cons

some bureaucracy

its a growing call center.

This job is not for everyone. It is a call center and they are trying to get faster and faster. So unless you know how to sell rooms or do a job you apply for fast this job is not for you. They do try to work with you but it is hard to catch up if you are slow.

Great values, lowest wages

Marriott is known for being the lowest paid in the hospitality industry. To make up for that, you do get a great work/life balance and opportunity to move up and around. Most upper management and leadership are accessible and supportive.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement work/life balance, great company culture

Cons

Pay (especially for hourly associates) health insurance costs and lack of good plan option

Great place to learn!

Definitely a good company overall. Lots of training easily accessible on the company HR website. There were opportunities to grow within the company (pre-pandemic). Depending on you leaders, your experience could be different.

Pros

Room to grow, good benefits

Cons

Glass ceiling

Na

This job started off good when it was Starwood but once Marriott took over it just became a down here battle once covid-19 came in the big play they didn't care about their employees at all no matter how much money we made for them no matter how many years we spent making that company money that's how she just saw like like the waste I wouldn't recommend working here

Could be better

I felt any advancements were more about who you know rather than what you accomplished. Steady work. Back to back calls. Most of the customer interactions were about average. Some bad calls, but there are more times when there are positive calls to help the day go by fast.

Pros

Good co-workers, steady work

Cons

Low pay. A lot of politics with leadership

Cool Job

The job can be a little bit boring sometimes. After training I felt very prepared to work. The pay is okay, and management is super helpful most of the time.

Pros

management, easy

Cons

boring

Super !!

Great company to be part of !! Great benefits and work culture! Super !

Tough 2020 but great overall company

This year has been tough for hotel employees and hotels. Hoping to get back to some type of normal work life someday. if that happens I can recommend Marriott as an employer.

Pros

travel discount

Great Company

Great training and corporate support. Difficult to advance outside of your current role.

Good place

Great place to work. Company is understanding of medical issues and will make you feel that your job is safe. Pay is decent for the most part. Management cares and provides feedback to help you succeed.

Great co-workers, pay and job security need improvement

I worked at Marriott International for over 13 years before being impacted by the COVID 19 related furloughs and ultimately accepting a severance package. I experienced widely varying degrees of job satisfaction with the 4 above-property positions I held at the company. The regional sales offices are a horrible place to work. Low pay for what's asked of you, the bonuses are a joke, and the goals are completely unrealistic. The corporate jobs I held were better and enjoyable some of the time. However, the employee merit review process is too broad and subjective, making it very difficult to be "above average" and get a halfway decent raise (rarely above 3% annually). On the flip side, it's virtually impossible to get fired unless you literally do no work, are caught stealing, or a pandemic happens.In closing, corporate is a decent place to work, but it always feels like they want to cut your job to save money. For example, I had to apply and re-apply for my last position 3 times since 2015.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Relatively low pay and no confidence in job security

Great Company

Great brand, great company, the only downside is some of the ownership group that purchase the flag. Most properties are held to the brand standards and do very well. Marriott is a great culture!

People ARE NOT first!

Their motto is “People First”. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I was informed that my position was being eliminated and they were going to help me get placed. But I had to move to a different city. When I applied for some jobs they did not assist in having me be the front runner to get the position. I was told a few months later that if I wanted to stay with the company I would have to take a step back and a paycut. I looked outside the company and found a role that was more money and a step up.

You get discounts on hotels

This was actually a terrible company to work for. They do not care about the customers or their customers needs. They also do not care about their employees. I would not recommend working for this company.

Pros

Discounts on hotels, Great benefits.

Cons

The management is terrible, the appreciation for employees is terrible and the appreciation for customers is terrible.

Great!

Marriott is wonderful and they are very passionate about helping their guest and making sure that their workers feel comfortable with our work environment.

Great co workers

Feels like a family. Fun place go work. Every day is different. Lots of support. Before Covid-19, I thought I would retire from Marriott. Hopefully people will start traveling again.

Pros

great co workers

All depends on role

A lot of politics, especially when Marriott family members are being considered and have no job history. Pay is very low, but made up with heavily discounted hotel rooms.

Not Meant for Everyone.

Although the job doesn't involve any heavy-lifting (or lifting at all) I still found that sitting at home all day everyday for work made my body feel worse than a day in a factory. Don't get me wrong, some people will love working from home but for those of you who think it'll be good but still feel unsure, DON'T. I found myself becoming depressed within the first two months of the job. I did not realize how much I enjoy a physically demanding job until I worked here. The pay is meh, $15.65/hour is what I was making and as long as you don't mind the manager micromanaging everything you say (they consider it an unscripted position but for the most part, there's a considerable focus on sticking to saying what they tell you to say) it's pretty reasonable. They do place a heavy emphasis on advancing through positions which is nice for employees who can tough out the beginning of the experience. Overall, unless you've worked at a call centre or from home before, I wouldn't recommend this job.

I would recommend

It’s a good place to work! I really enjoy my time there. The people are great and easy to talk to. I would recommend staying at one of the hotels to get the experience from both sides.

Pros

Nice people to work woth

Cons

Hard to get off work....

fine for a call center. Not as long term career goal.

For a call center it was alright. The guests calling to make reservations for settle a dispute was easily handled after having worked for a while, you will learn close to everything you can about how things are handled. Everything I disliked was mostly because it was a call center. I’m sure I would have the same experience at a different one. Guests will get angry if the hotel they need is sold out or the price is too high. They will argue that is wasn’t this expensive last year or that they are mad that they can’t get a specific room for their family and they expect you to figure it out. Or they think they are talking to the hotel and then get made when they figure out you are ina c all center. The people you are supposed to escalate to are just as tired of everything as you are. If you have to take off even if it’s months from now you’ll not be garaunteed to get it. You have to submit a request through an electronic calendar , like everything else. If you have a problem R really is only there to settle paycheck and payroll matters. It’s nearly impossible to speak to anyone about issues you have or get a straight answer. It took me literally 5 months to get a new schedule that worked for me. I recommend it if your in college and need late hours for some money or if you have a family and are ok with a call center but never again will I do it

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sales Representative