Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales and Marketing Manager

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,135 reviews

Marriott is a great place to work.

Marriott is a great place to work. i learned everything i know about hospitality industry from working for Marriott for last 22 years.

Excellent work enviorment and opportunities

All employees were happy with their jobs, management is open to helping people improve and grow within the company. I learned a lot from working here.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

Hours and pay

An awesome place to work

From the top - General Manager to line staff.. Amazing Fun Place to be ! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to get into the hospitality industry.. You will learn and grow within the company and management is extremely supportive of your growth!

Fantastic Leadership

A wonderful company with amazing knack to hire the right people. The only downside is, it is difficult to be elevated to management or directorship here. I loved working here for many years. If you are in Sales, you really can prosper if you are talented in that area.

Pros

Excellent leadership and culture. Many, many long-time employees.

Cons

Very difficult to move up in this company.

Room to grow in hotel management/sales world

A typical day is building sales leads and communicating with your sales leaders. Entering anything they need into the system along with doing any research or organization as needed. I learned organization and communication on a professional level along with sales related experiences. I learned new programs that contribute to the sales process. If you are not already in a management role then you must go through as an admin first then you're eligible for a sales manager role and have guides and assistance to get you there if that is your goal. Sales managers do not get commission. The additional compensation comes from overtime hours. They do give you all the tools you need to become a sales manager. 1 hour lunch breaks and ways to ease the stresses of the day. Workplace culture is friendly but when you're too busy then sometimes it's non existent. Like any workplace. Unless you manage your time well, you'll be on the phone or on the computer. Hardest part of the job depends on the person. Some is organization and others are communication etc. Some days you really don't move from your desk and if you're okay with office hours, then this job is for you. Some paid holidays and weekends off. The most enjoyable part of the job are the connections that you'll be making with all kinds of great people and if you really love sales, you'll be learning a lot of skills and best practices within the hotel management industry.

Pros

Wonderful people, free lunches, free coffee, fun activities, nice incentives, benefits

Cons

Healthcare cost, turnover, leadership opportunities, leadership organization

Hospitality

The Hospitality is one of the best industries I ever worked for. Le Meridien / Starwood group was one of the most professional and enjoyable place to work for. Great experience on Customer Service / Sales / Marketing / Operation & working under pressure.

challenging and worth wokring

one can have a best platform to work in marriott. social networking, communication skills can be boost up in working with a brand like Marriott

Great Managers and great place to work

I like the managers and my co-workers. A very fun place to work. The job is very challenging but I love learning.

Pros

Lunch is diet lunch

Cons

Great supervisor/manager

Fascinating working environment with interesting people

As I worked there on work experience most days in the office I would be working in a different section. Even though I was mostly in the same office, each day was a different experience as I was taught and worked on something new each time. The management and co-workers were always happy to give advice and point me in the right direction whenever I needed it and they were available to. The hardest part of the job for me was having to ring around different hotels and venues as at the time it was out of my comfort zone. While the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team of people that are friendly and always willing to help each other out.

International culture

Interesting experience which allow me to get to know different cultures and gain interpersonal skills and experience.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Sales and Marketing Manager positions
See more jobs

Great place to work and gain experience!

First off the General Manager is THE BEST!! The hotel environment is awesome to work for especially The Westin. Typical day at work was very busy, yet great to be apart of. Learned a lot while working here and learned to communicate better with co-workers and customers.

Pros

General Manager, fun place to be, location, salary

Productive Fun workplace

Excellent Service culture. focus on development and internal growth.

Poor Management, Low Pay and No Job Security (No Advancement)

This hotel property has high turnover rate with no advancement, no appreciation for hard work and Low Pay. Management treat employees like disposable, no job security and favoritism. Be very careful working there because management can fire you for no reason just because management dislike you. And, there's no advancement.

Pros

free meals

Cons

poor management style, no advancement, no merit for hard work & no job security.

Great Benefits

Great Co-workers.Great Training.Great working environmentStressful and high management and guest demands.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

stressful at times with guest demands and management expectations.

A typical Day

We had our own cafeteria in the Hotel where we all met discuss our work day every departments in the hotel would lunch there and it was our favorite place to meet We 've had meetings with different department and of course we had breaks in the cafeteria. Our work was team work therefore the hardest part of our job was dealt with a team outlook..

Pros

free meals

Cons

long hrs, and no-show employee

Timeshare Sales & Marketing

Great company to work for. Great values, great benefits, however salary for sales and marketing has dropped significantly since the economic downturn.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

low salary

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sales and Marketing Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?