Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Senior Sales Manager

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Marriott International hotels are great hotels to work with. Marriott offers training opportunities and much growth for advancement if associates want it.

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement

Excellent company culture.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. An extensive amount of areas for growth. Management is accommodating. The training there can be used practically in all areas of your life

Pros

Career advancement. Loyal company. Company Culture

Cons

Long Hours

Best of the best hotel company

Trustworthy, competent leadership at a corporate level (as whole). Every property I worked at (5 in total) has fantastic executive leadership. Pay (for the industry) is above average & fair.Highly recommended Marriott International to those looking for a job. Like any company there are hiccups along the way, but there is endless opportunity for those who put the effort in to advance.

Worked for this Company for 5 years and received 4 promotions

I worked for Marriott Corporate for 5 years. Enjoyed my colleagues and managers very much. I felt appreciated and I loved going to work every day. I always felt challenged and there were opportunities for advancement.

Pros

401k, ability to advance in company

Cons

Long work weeks

I loved working at Marriott. If you take great care of the people they in turn will take great care of the customers. the benefits are great. The perks are nice too.. discounted hotel stays, etc. However, due to the pandemic hospitality was hit really hard and a lot of great people were let go in the process. I still love my job, most sales jobs are remote and the work life balance is pretty good in the sales world. Compensation is not as good compared to other hospitality companies, however, what they lack in pay, they make up for in taking care of people, they train you and they try to keep you around and work with you through making your goals, not just you got 3 months ramp up and if you don't make it, they let you go. Definitely would recommend this company.

Pros

benefits, discounts on hotels, work life balance in the sales world of MI

Cons

pay, pandemic job security

Overall not too bad

As a leader, there are many perks. For entry level employees, it's tough. If you stick it out there is definitely opportunity for growth. I enjoyed working for this company, but they seem to put themselves before their employees.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Poor benefits

Excellent employer

Loved my job with Marriott in sales, but was furloughed. Excellent environment and work life balance. Great team. They do have a lot of processes and tracking, which is the only annoying thing. Overall great place to work.

Pros

Worklofe balance

Great Company

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Marriott, however Covid-19 has different plans for my future. The overall culture prior to the pandemic was positive and enjoyable.

Great company

I’ve been with Marriott for a long time. Very conservative company, a lot of opportunity if you have patience! Great for those who like to play by the rules...

Allows the opportunity to advanced

I worked here for 8 years and I was able to hold a variety of different positions. I advanced throughout the F&B department, which then allowed me to move to events. With the knowledge I gained, I became a sales manager because I knew the property so well.

Wealth of Resources

Marriott provides a large database and training's to grow and develop as an employee while supporting individual success. Strong leadership and support in place.

Workplace Culture

We had a great team during my term. There is balance with fun and work and respect each other. Love the free meal offer and great selection of salad bar and sandwiches in our cafeteria. Marriott really takes care of the employees.

Excellent Company, Proud to work for them. Job is challenging, fast past paced and fun

Typically Mon-Fri.. 50 Hours per week. Can be longer. Learned so much about hotel operations, sales, company culture. Can be difficult with the myriad of changes that have occurred these past years. Additional hotels, etc. My hotel is a franchise property which has different expectations. Can be difficult meeting franchise company goals along with Marriott's at the same time. Love the people I have met, teamwork, culture and travel opportunities.

Pros

Travel Discounts, Mon-Fri Work Schedule

Cons

Franchise Company Expectations and Communications can be challenging.

Great culture and comapny

There is a reason why they are the largest and most known brand. They are just great at what they do and put people first. Each day is a challenge and an opportunity to learn. Great values and family culture.

excellent work environment, exposure and growth ,

day includes client's meeting including the business development for the entire Marriott portfolio. internal training and development programs available for the staff on a regular basis. management is rewarding and acknowledging the staff of their contribution. hardest part is that due to personal restrictions at times one is not able to deliver the way he wants to deliver. as there is so much to do and learn. the most enjoyable part of the job is that everyday you have a new task to do and it never gets monotonous for one. new client's meet,new challenges, a lot of travelling knowing lot of new hotels under one umbrella. Staff recognition, brand boding with its employee. there is so much to mention about Marriott. Its the best brand to work for.

Pros

family and friends discounts, healthcare benefits, maternity benefits and flexibility, bonus and perquisites

Cons

as mentioned so much to get always get tough with less time and limitation with personal laibilities

Give us your opinion about....

I was transferred to open the Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach from having just opened the Ritz- Carlton, Philadelphia. The site was a hole in the ground when I started! We each had a territory and were responsible for 400-600 accounts.. Also a monthly quota had to be met. I was the "highest producer" out of 8 sales people. Hardest part- Selling the room rate Enjoyable-Since it was a new property, everyone loved coming there.

Pros

Travelling to other Ritz-Carlton

Cons

Helping an angry guest

Great places to work

Every place I have worked within Marriott International has been a hardworking, fun loving team that feels like family. Long hours, not always a work life balance, but we enjoyed working together for the common goal.

Pros

Great people

Cons

24 hour facilities, always open - could have long hours and sometimes several days before a day off

Great hospitality company

If you want to work for a great company with perks galore, work for Marriott. But plan to work hard and know that guest satisfaction is #1 for your success.

Pros

Discounted hotel rooms

Always something exciting on the horizon

You're never far from family as co-workers and leaders become the extended members! The culture is great and constantly looks to evolve to keep up to date. Watch out world!

Pros

Recognition, teamwork, many resources

Cons

Not enough time in the day

Great work environment

One of the best places in America to work. Great benefits, coworkers, and management which rewards hard work and advances individuals based on merit and performance.

A Life Less Ordinary..

Legacy Starwood was a company which allowed innovation and gave me the opportunities I desired. It allowed me to learn and handle Revenue Management while also using my Digital strengths. A typical day at work involved handling customers, sharing new ideas and opportunities with the team, sitting together with teammates for a meal, watching the scoreboard of groups and driving a healthy competition amongst peers. Learnt a lot in the current role, right from People Management, to skill set and having a global outlook rather than just focusing on customers. Assisted customers in valuing the business they do across the globe with our hotels while also ensuring high revenue traction from them at all times. Shall and always remain #starwoodproud The company made me enjoy every bit of it, challenges are there everywhere, but it is the manner in which we were allowed to deal with them, that makes this company one of the best.

Pros

Learning, Innovating, Challenging

Cons

Growth, Being Acquired

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Senior Sales Manager