Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Server

Found 523 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Overall a good experience

The benefits are great and there are opportunities to grow. Unfortunately I did not work there for long I feel as though the management was messy and did not benefit my skill growth.

Productive, satisfaction, teamwork

The guests enjoyed, welcomed, felt home, pleased and satisfied with the timely service skills. Having joyful dining experience exceeding their expectations.

Pros

Teamwork, pleasant environment

Productive and fun place to work

This company is very nice .i really expect a heavy duty job but this company has standard and protocol's and fun environment so everything makes so light.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Pleasant place to work very professional

Bonjour, I enjoyed working at the A.C. Marriott Montreal , I worked as a waiter in the dinning room , great staff , I enjoyed the friendly guest , food was delicious great chef , very professional. I would love to work their again. Due to the Covid they closed all non essential hoping to be rehired when things come back to normal.

Pros

The food was fresh

Cons

Very repeative

Good place to work and great benefits

I enjoyed working there, an excellent place to work with great benefits. There are opportunities for advancement. Working in a hotel the hours are not consistent so prepared for that.

it was bad

no one cares. I worked there for 4 years and at the end of the day management doesnt care about you. as long as you produce the numbers they don't care.

pro

Cons

bad bad

Fun place to work and a dynamic environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a server at a hotel restaurant. The restaurant and company culture are all what somebody in the restaurant industry should look for.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Shifts

Nice for a server position in the restaurant

The management was kind when I worked there and the environment was well maintained (it is a hotel). The food was outstanding, but when the crowds came in for meetings and especially the cruise ships it felt a little like the wild wild west.

Pros

Free shift meals and staff were pleasant.

Cons

Evening shifts could run from 5pm till 10:30pm or 2am. You never knew how busy it would be.

Strong company values

I loved working with the team at Marriott. I didn’t like the outside advancement instead of promoting within but al in all great company to work for when you’re under the right leadership.

Pros

Benefits and hotel discounts

Cons

Direct management sometimes inexperienced

I'm still working for Marriott, plan to retire here, benefits are the best that I know, if you work hard managers respect that, trainings are very good there is always potential abvance over all the best companies to work for.

Pros

Benefits, perks, coworkers.

Cons

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Server positions
See more jobs

If youre looking for a serving job dont go here

The downtown East Lansing Marriott was one of the worst working experiences of my career. I happily served early mornings and picked up extra banquet shifts. I received positive compliments from guests regularly yet the dining manager was very hostile. The general manager decided to look the other way. Very stressful, never worth the money.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner provided for shifts

Cons

Poor communication, Poor management, low wages

It was ok.

High stress. Learned about customer service. Poor management. Upper management enjoy extended lunch breaks daily and create their own menu choices even when the restaurant was packed. Hardest part of the job was re-arranging heavy tables into new positions for every event (daily)and watching out for large pools of water that formed on the kitchen floor and were a serious tripping hazard. Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Management is understanding. They try to give you the days off you request. Pay is good. Discounts on rooms are great. Great company to work for. You will meet people from all over the world.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No cons

Low stress work environment

People are great to work with. Management helpful. Meet a lot of great people here who are there for support at and outside of the workplace. Hours are hard to get.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of hours

I love the crew and location.

Over all it's ok but when they are short staffed during season it can be very hectic. I know it was difficult in the beginning of covid and a lot of people were furloughed so it got slow.

Pros

Free lunches and my hours

Cons

A little hectic and unorganized in season.

Love Hospitality

Love the hospitality field. Co workers are like family, would still be there if it wasnt for COVID. We worked hard but also played hard at the end of the day.

Great co workers

I have been in the company for a while i love the benefits, the people, the location and everithing... the live music were amazing, great guess The pay rate is competitive

Pros

The coworkers

Cons

Cultural bariers

Great company to work for the benefits it offers.

Marriott is such a large hospitality company the possibilities for job opportunities are endless. My favorite thing about this company is the ability to transfer properties easily if you move or want to travel somewhere for a job. Can be hard working for a hotel though because they are so large, you can go un-noticed or unrecognized as an employee. They have amazing benefits though, like health insurance and discounted room rates at any Marriott in the world.

Pros

benefits discounts variety of jobs

Cons

short breaks, seniority scheduling, large properties

Great managers

F&B director and Managers are very very professional and supportive, open to feedback, always on the floor making sure we are successful and helping us running food, bussing tables, serving drinks, etc.The downside is that some coworkers are not professional at all and would call in sick frequently, not show up to work or not really do side work.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Unprofessional coworkers

Fun!

Loved it! Management is weird but it’s like a family. People train you well while there, and all the customers are nice and tip really well, which is a plus!

Great company

Marriott international is a great company to work for. It has great benefits, great Leaders of course as any other jobs it has it’s ups and down but it’s dual.

Pros

Free meals

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Server