Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

Found 151 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

grat place to work

work as a sous chef for the Marriott and it was fun and super fast paced. we would do a lot of big parties for different companies, as well as weddings. left only because I needed more work life balance.

I don’t know

Marriott is a great Company to work for the salary is always fair for must part and I will greatly recommend this company to my friends and family members.

Productive and Possibilities

It is fantastic place for learning, developing and career building, management always give option for self developing and developing others as well, due to many hotels available possibilities also available

Pros

Trainning and learning programs

Cons

Attributes

Steady work/long hours/good company

Enjoyed the environment and staff. I wouldn’t have left if I hadn’t had another opportunity. Felt as I was held back from promotion but we did get a good addition.

Pros

Culture.

Cons

Can’t think of any

Years of enjoyment

Never really had a problem working there. I got a much better job opportunity and was also allowing me to go back to school. Working at the Westin for 8 years really helped me grow in the culinary department.

Productive and Fun

Working for the Marriot was a well needed and accepted change from my previous location. The leadership at my location was phenomenal and friendly. The Chefs knew their trade and craft and were able to concisely express what and how they wanted their products and needs met. The overall atmosphere was welcoming and warm and the entire company as a whole treated you like a family and looked out for you and your best needs.

Pros

Great work environment, friendly staff and coworkers, skilled leadership

very busy

long hours lots of work, you do get a lot of support from management and other department supervisors. lots of busy outlets and room service, banquet department

Pros

goog crew

Cons

hard work

Great Corporation to advance your career right out College.

Worked for this company for 10 years off and on. They take care of their employees. Endless opportunity to grow your career. This Pandemic has unfortunately taken a toll on this industry.

Great company to work for

The application process was a bit lengthy, but once in i have been able to grow tremendously in my current position. I have a great executive chef and General Manager who have supported my training and growth as a manager. I've received many opportunities working here.

Loved working there

I have not worked for Marriott for nearly 18 years, but recall fondly of my time there. I would always consider working for Marriott in the future. Just wish there is one closer to me.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Sous Chef positions
See more jobs

Great benefits, room for growth

Great benefits, room for growth. Fast paced, you will learn a lot of new skills while on the job. Lots of promoting from within the team. Management is always willing to help.

Busy

Busy work day from beginning to the end. A lot of work to be done depending on the type of day as well as business. A lot of different outlets to manage and be in control of. Lack of staff, and help from management. A lot of unwanted stress for a work day. Good Luck.

I like to work for the Marriott

The Marriott are professional and good people. They help you to understand how the do thing's also the benefits are good and good discounts on the rooms

Jn. Sous chef

Marriott culture it’s good to grow but I can’t see my future in this hotel so , I need to relocate and enjoy my job and clear my goal . So if I get good opportunity in same position I should move and I enjoy my job .

Horrible experience

Human resources was extremely difficult to work with. General Manager would not allow me to hire employees even though we were short staffed but had room in the budget to two more people. Overall a horrible work experience!

Pros

benefits package

Cons

upper management

Marriott

Working at marriott was great experience very fast pace, and luxury elegant at the same time, also allow me to create special everyday and lead our team daily.

a good place to work

The work environment was excellent. There was a lot of job enrichment and opportunities for growth. My time at Marriott was valuable, it helped me to learn a lot.

Nice place to grow

*Responsible in operational & executive of “specially-hosted”for VVIP such as Head of State & Celebrities. *Assist the Executive Chef to in-charge of all aspects of Chinese Cuisine within the hotel F&B outlets, BEO meetings & Banquet facilities. *Responsible fully for the planning & execution of all Chinese Banquet events such as weddings, meetings & social gatherings. *Responsible for food costing ,duty rooster & leave administration. *Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene & observe all guidelines pertaining to NEA & HACCP standard. *To do training with ideas of the cooks in Chinese cuisine & organizing of Chinese food promotions. *Regulates temperature of combi ovens, cooking wok, Chinese barbecue roasting oven, grills, steams & other cooking equipments. *High motivation, ability to lead a team & quality fast pace environment.

Great job and place to work

Awesome team, very good place to work! Executive committee was amazing to work with. Very open to suggestions and wasn’t micro-managed. Enjoyed meeting with new guests daily, as well as learning to keep bees.

Pros

75% discount off menu for food. Great benefits

Love your job

Working with starwood and now Marriott for 10 years Enjoying my job and dedication to the company Building my career with Marriott international Love working with people that dedicate with there job Gonna see lots of different people and ask them bout there passion

Pros

Free knowledge

Cons

Build carear

Great people. Management needs work.

It was a great place to work when it came to the people. However, the management was pretty closed minded when it came to the food operations side. I left because they were not giving us the tools to do our job efficiently.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sous Chef