Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Switchboard Operator

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Easy going

Was a fun place to work and meet people. The work was easy and there was always a lot of OT available. Union property and usually always busy or sold out.

Fun workplace

Everyone is very nice and care about your health . Management especially. Yes it is a fast paced working environment but you get used to it. It is not something crazy .

Great Company

this is a wonderful hotel establishment to not only work for but also to book a reservation there and any of their locations throughout the world. they provide the same excellent overall service daily!

Pros

Memorable enjoyment and Professional Staff

Fast-paced and fun

Because the hotel was always busy, it kept my job as a Service Express Agent fast-paced, interesting and fun. I enjoyed my co-workers, managers and guests.

Pros

Free lunch/paid lunch break

Cons

Expensive health insurance

The best company I ever worked for and would recommend them to my friends.

Sheraton was a great place to work, I really enjoyed working there everyone is really nice very helpful great staff as will as the guest it's family .

Pros

I wanted more overtime

Cons

There were none

i enjoy meeting people

I enjoyed working as a pbx operator but would have enjoyed it better if i could interact with the guest. I am a people person and I like meeting people from all over the world.

The Hotel is a family, every body works hard to make sure the guest has the best experience. The hours are good, always 40 hours and OT is granted as necessary. Got wonderful benefits and their was a staff cafeteria to go for breaks and have a meal.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Hard Work

Relaxed Atmosphere

My position can be fast paced and stressful. I like to work at pace where am constantly doing something productive. My management does a great job of advising and assisting. I like the satisfaction I get from helping others. Being able to tell when someone is smiling on the other end of the phone is important and let's me know I'm doing my job well.

Pros

Always learning.

Cons

Little advancement opportunities

Wonderful Job

I loved going to work at The Westin. I was able to talk with people and meet people from all different backgrounds and from all around the country that was coming to visit Michigan.

typical work day is busy what i learned great customer service management was great work place culture great there was nothing hard above the job the most enjoyable part of the job helping people

Marriott is a fantastic company to work for, in my opinion the best in their industry.

Marriott's employee empowerment philosophy is superior and allows two things to happen: one, the employee is given freedom to resolve some customer conflict immediately without calling in a manager, within certain parameters (ensuring better tips for the employee, when applicable), and two, a happy customer ensures a potential customer for life (and great word of mouth advertising) for their hotel brand. I enjoyed knowing clearly where the boundaries were within this system. I learned how to navigate challenging customers, discover the root of the complaint, find a solution and leave them with a smile. It was fun to go to work each day and create a great hotel experience for our guests.

Funwork place

I got to learn may things in this hotel. All the staffs in the front office encouraged me whatever the work my superior gives . It was fun working atmosphere, even in the times of work pressure we worked as a team so that we can give a full satisfaction to our guests

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long hours, staff shortage

Awsome hotel with friendly co workers

I loved working at the Westin! Management was great, everyone was friendly, and I enjoyed working as a PBX operator. Every job had it's ups and downs but we made the best of it!

the most enjoyable part of the job

Able to meet people from all around world and learn different areas of the hotel. Seeing how the transform the different banquet rooms for the different events and fast they turnaround rooms.

I love the hotel business

This is one of the best hotel company's to work for, they give you every opportunity and chance to improve and to move ahed in the job, I started answering phones and left as a reservation specialist nd I love d it,

Pros

Warm weather

Cons

I had to leave

PBX/Service Express

At this job I multitask doing different job when we are short staffed. We accompanied different departments. They serviced a lot of companies and families during their stay at the hotel.

Good Company

I loved what I did but the only part I didn't like is working every single weekend. Time away from home can affect your relationship when you work in hospitality.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

hours

Never a Dull momment at the Westin

I enjoyed working here for the time being there was always something going in this hotel which never left to a boring shift. The compensation and benefits are great for anyone and my coworkers were like family.

Unproductive, depressing workplace

The Marriott is definately not a pleasant work environment. Upper management is the worst I have ever had to deal with. They treat ALL employees like door mats. They talk about team work when in fact no team exists. The manager I have to deal with is a bully and abuses his authority. I love the job itself, but can't wait to find employment where management actually treats their staff with dignity and respect. The morale in this work place is so low it's almost non existant. Their answer to this problem was to hand out ice cream to staff instead of a face to face meeting where this issue as well as others could be addressed and hopefully resolved. Not only do they nickel and dime guests, they do the same to the staff. The turn over this past year has been phenomenal due to hiring an operations manager that is incompetant, unprofessional and highly immature.The hardest part of the job is going in everyday!!

Pros

Well, we get pizza once a month

Cons

Having to deal with buratic garbage everyday

Great Learning Curve

Great place to start your hotel career or stay at for a night.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Managment always changes

Its an adventure

I appreciate their commitment to finding employment for clients

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Switchboard Operator