Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Culture reviews

Found 6,133 reviews matching the search
Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.
Pros
great health and discounted hotel benefits
Cons
pay
En esta empresa el trabajador, hace sus labores muy entusiasmado y alegre porque el equipo de trabajo es muy colaborador y están pendiente del rendimiento de uno. Vale la pena trabajar en este ambiente amable.
Pros
Se trabaja con el seguro que uno escoja
Cons
Si hay tiempo y espacio para disfrutar de un café o refresco
Increíble trabajar en Marriott, ambiente agradable Crecimiento
Pros
Todas las presentaciones
Overall, the company is great. I loved working for Marriott and would happily work for the company again. That said, you do need to be very lucky with management. There is good and bad management everywhere, and I was very fortunate to have amazing, supportive supervisors. Advancement is what you make it but it can be hard sometimes as it's very competitive. They do offer great pay for the hospitality industry but it could always be better for the amount of work you really do.
Good culture, benefits and work life balance. There are always opportunities to learn about other disciplines and move up in the company. I could see myself working for the company for several years.
Fair management and good company culture. No issues or problems I could report. Every one got their job done and was efficient. Would definitely recommend to others.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Money
Great benefits! The health insurance, the room discounts, the salary...Can be difficult to be promoted if you are not part of the clic.I think that it used to be better but the company culture changed.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Hard to get promoted, a lot of bad managers
Marriott is known for being the lowest paid in the hospitality industry. To make up for that, you do get a great work/life balance and opportunity to move up and around. Most upper management and leadership are accessible and supportive.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement work/life balance, great company culture
Cons
Pay (especially for hourly associates) health insurance costs and lack of good plan option
Training manager and HR manager are very helpfull in creating and supporting the point of understanding in career growth and knowledge. Chefs are very talented and beautiful creators.
I've worked with Marriott for 10+ years and I really enjoyed it. I always had a great management team and was given the support I needed. Pay was good and I really appreciated the hotel discounts.
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. An extensive amount of areas for growth. Management is accommodating. The training there can be used practically in all areas of your life
Pros
Career advancement. Loyal company. Company Culture
Cons
Long Hours
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a server at a hotel restaurant. The restaurant and company culture are all what somebody in the restaurant industry should look for.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Shifts
Was a fun place to work and meet people. The work was easy and there was always a lot of OT available. Union property and usually always busy or sold out.
I started at the Marriott Leeds as a young 16 year old college student on a work placement, and I couldn't have been more fortunate to be placed in such a wonderful hotel. I felt so much warmth and love and support from all those around me, so eager to help me grow and develop. You are empowered to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, giving you the ability to go above and beyond for your guests, amazing recognition scheme and fantastic benefits/staff rates. Marriott truly is a company which values and cares for its associates, we are listened to and valued and appreciated. Associate appreciation day every year is like Marriott Christmas, everyone is celebrated and celebrates each other. Marriott culture is so uplifting and empowering, every day I woke up as excited to head to the hotel as the guests, I thrived from the experience I gained at the Marriott and blossomed into a wonderful career. I think if I started anywhere else I wouldn't have the same genuine passion, energy and enthusiasm for the industry and could not have been prouder to work for such a company. I used to walk around the city centre on my lunch break in my uniform just to show it off! The opportunities within the company are endless and everyone around you has the same common goal, to make it memorable for the guests. Often if companies tell you they are 'like a family' this can be a huge red flag, but when a company really is like a family they don't feel the need to say it and I never heard that phrase at the Marriott, yet I knew every face in the building and spoke with everyone I - more...
Pros
Free meal on shift, Living wage, Community culture, Endless opportunities, Great rewards and benefits package.
Cons
Not as much recognition/award opportunities for casuals(0 hour contracts).
La mejor trabaje muy feliz durante el tiempo que estuve ahi,desafortunadamente el covi 19 trunco nuestros sueños,espero poder activarme nuevamente
Pros
Tiempo de descanso entre banquete y conferencias
Cons
Mucha carrera al servir en poco tiempo
I had an awesome experience working with the marriott. There work life balance was excellent. Pay was fair and the perks were amazing. I had a fun staff and most importantly my co workers were a pleasure to do business with.
Great company culture with corporate Marriott. I loved my manager and my peers. Hospitality can be stressful but also exciting. Great benefits, fair compensation but you do have to ask for it
Equivalente ao que se passa no Governo.Beneficiam familiares e amigos, trabalhadores estagiários são explorados e pior ainda não tem liberdade a nível pessoal.Direcção fica com o dinheiro de todos os eventos marcados por concierges, Rececao , etc...Uma autêntica exploracao
Pros
Nível dos clientes
Cons
Tudo
I loved working with the team at Marriott. I didn’t like the outside advancement instead of promoting within but al in all great company to work for when you’re under the right leadership.
Pros
Benefits and hotel discounts
Cons
Direct management sometimes inexperienced
Marriott was a great place to work when I first started the manage the deteriorated over the years which cause the job to eventually become too much to handle, not enough recognition, and a lot to complete for the pay
Pros
Great view, great opportunity to strengthen customer service skills, somewhat competitive pay due to union
Cons
Heavy workloads, little accountability for other departments, low recognition
Great company, awesome co-workers but overall competitive atmosphere to get ahead without sufficient experience. I enjoyed coming into work each day for the people around me, but lack of predictable work schedule made it difficult for work-life balance.
Pros
Great travel benefits
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule