Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Work-Life Balance reviews

Found 6,614 reviews matching the search
As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.
Pros
Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance
Cons
This job is not for everyone. It is a call center and they are trying to get faster and faster. So unless you know how to sell rooms or do a job you apply for fast this job is not for you. They do try to work with you but it is hard to catch up if you are slow.
management is great, co-workers are good but the environment is hostile because some tend to not get along. You do get free breakfast, seven days a week and dinner, Monday-Thursday.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough benefits
If you are lucky to have a solid management team, the next best thing is the guest relationships you get to make. Depending on your property and your job title, you will get to meet such a great variation of guests. Understand people are paying for their services, and you are in the business of making people happy. But when the guests are great, it makes coming to work even better.
Good company for entry level college graduates. You are able to work, grow if you fall into a good team. Otherwise, it’s a grind. Keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities throughout the company in order to move ahead.
Ajustar los salarios para que sean más competitivos Mucho trabajo, no hay incentivo monetario que despierte en el empleado mayor sentido de pertenencia con la empresa.
Pros
Seguro Médico
Cons
Bajo salario
Increíble trabajar en Marriott, ambiente agradable Crecimiento
Pros
Todas las presentaciones
Overall, the company is great. I loved working for Marriott and would happily work for the company again. That said, you do need to be very lucky with management. There is good and bad management everywhere, and I was very fortunate to have amazing, supportive supervisors. Advancement is what you make it but it can be hard sometimes as it's very competitive. They do offer great pay for the hospitality industry but it could always be better for the amount of work you really do.
Good culture, benefits and work life balance. There are always opportunities to learn about other disciplines and move up in the company. I could see myself working for the company for several years.
Fair management and good company culture. No issues or problems I could report. Every one got their job done and was efficient. Would definitely recommend to others.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Money
Great benefits! The health insurance, the room discounts, the salary...Can be difficult to be promoted if you are not part of the clic.I think that it used to be better but the company culture changed.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Hard to get promoted, a lot of bad managers
Marriott is known for being the lowest paid in the hospitality industry. To make up for that, you do get a great work/life balance and opportunity to move up and around. Most upper management and leadership are accessible and supportive.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement work/life balance, great company culture
Cons
Pay (especially for hourly associates) health insurance costs and lack of good plan option
I couldn’t make it work but I had my own things going on in my life. This place has great people who do their best. It’s a gem.If I had more time and more help this job would be great again.
Pros
Great company and GM
Cons
Current work climate limits work/personal life balance
Job was relaxed for the most part, standard 8:30-5pm. There was covered parking, a cafe that made fresh food! It wasn’t bad at all! I just the pay was higher
Pros
Lot of down time, you can work independently, work life balance
Cons
Pay
I thought working for Marriott would be an awesome experience but left me feeling really disappointed. I think it was more of the way this location was managed, the owner and the stakeholders.All workers were lovely people, hard-working and always ready to follow procedures. It's not an easy job working for a hotel, tough shifts (too early or too late), fast paced environment and sometimes you need to be ready to roll your sleeves and do other job's persons. I learned a lot, i had support from HR and manager all the time and training whenever I need it. That's a good thing about worldwide companies like Marriott, they can train you and offer you progression. I left because of many reasons, like the shifts, theres no balance because you need to start at 5.30am or start late and finish at 11pm, so you ended up feeling tired all the time. Also, I was alone during my whole shift in the Leisure Club, where you need at least another person to watch the reception when you are doing other things. I had to push heavy full trolleys with wet towels through an old structure inside the hotel. There was no safety during my job, i was handeling chemicals and lifting heavy things all the time. Cleaning even vomit or any other disgusting things that guests were doing inside the changing rooms (you could never imagined). Security never helped or made themselves helpful when some guests were acting abusive and aggressive.
Pros
Canteen, trainings, progression, you can request to work at any Marriott in the world.
Cons
No balance between life and work, minimum wage, no work safety
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. An extensive amount of areas for growth. Management is accommodating. The training there can be used practically in all areas of your life
Pros
Career advancement. Loyal company. Company Culture
Cons
Long Hours
Its been a wonderful journey! I love what I get to do and the people I get to work with and meet everyday! If you don't want a job and you want a career - Marriott is the company for you!
Pros
Longevity, endless opportunities
Cons
No complaints, straight forward job in security. Handled calls for service as well as patrolling. If your looking for a job where you can really develop hospitality skills this is the place to be.
Marriott was big on associate empowerment in order to take care of the guest. They also provided professional development opportunities which is beneficial for new employees on the Marrriott Way
Pros
Training
Cons
No Set Schedule
Trustworthy, competent leadership at a corporate level (as whole). Every property I worked at (5 in total) has fantastic executive leadership. Pay (for the industry) is above average & fair.Highly recommended Marriott International to those looking for a job. Like any company there are hiccups along the way, but there is endless opportunity for those who put the effort in to advance.
The management was kind when I worked there and the environment was well maintained (it is a hotel). The food was outstanding, but when the crowds came in for meetings and especially the cruise ships it felt a little like the wild wild west.
Pros
Free shift meals and staff were pleasant.
Cons
Evening shifts could run from 5pm till 10:30pm or 2am. You never knew how busy it would be.