Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews

Showing all 23,140 reviews

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Multicultural / Wonderful and fun place to work!

Great group of multicultural team members - A wonderful and exciting place to work. Overall I'd rate management to be A+. HR is extremely helpful and friendly. Highly educational and fun company meetings.

Not too bad

The biggest thing for me with this company is that the call volume is very high. It typically slows down around 11pm but before that it’s back to back which can be exhausting. Management is typically very understanding. However, with the call volume a 30 minute lunch doesn’t seem like enough time to regroup and come back.

Pros

Understanding management, flexible schedule

Cons

Short breaks, high call volume

Mediocre bennefits

Mediocre benefits and working overtime is glorified. Pay is below average compared to other industries. Management is very sneaky and going to HR or corporate is useless. They are their to protect themselves.

I am single not married

Marriott company is a very good working places an I love to be employed they have a good worker's an a good working places an I well like to join they company

Flexible work hours

Fun environment. Good location by the University of Dayton. Worked with management who listened and actually cares of the needs and wants of their employees.

Not bueno.

So I've just started working last year in September at the CEC in Mexico city. Yes everyone makes you feel welcome and accepted, the bad part comes when you realize that you're no getting the payed what you deserve. Just imagine getting payed less than 1% (3 dólares an hour in my case) of the revenue you are making, and at the end of the day it's just another big company taking advantage of the cheap work from other countries. Now you may say that it's fair because I live in Mexico, and yes it is different than living in the USA but if we're hitting the same numbers as the CEC'S in America or Canada why am I getting 1/4 of what they are getting? Thank God I'm leaving next month. Mental health is important and staying here for a long time won't make any good.

Unprofessional and rude management

Worked at Grosvenors house catering department, what can I say rude welcome by receptionist, unprofessional management feels like you’re in kindergarden

Pros

Free food

Cons

Unprofessional management

Work and money is balance

Great to work at Marriott best in the world and safe also I have enjoyed working in Marriott and had good experience in my past days put people first

Horrible place

No money, backstabbing employees, gaslighting managers. Toxic work environment, constant training on nonsense. Horrible customers, nice new hotel in a bad neighborhood.

Completely disorganized

Way too many chiefs and not enough Indians. you’ll have five bosses none of them are on the same page .Terrible environment no training they make you wait six months for benefits .anytime they have a budget issue they really on cutting the hourly employees hours to fix the problem while you have fave salary people doing nothing in the office all winter.terrible company.

Divertido

Se aprende mucho y buenos compañeros de trabajo y los jefes muy atentos 😃😃😃

Entry-level

Good entry level job, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Depending on management, they could either help or hinder you from growing within the company.

Diverse

Difficult to move up. Need to start at the level you would like to attain. Your potential is not recognized. People are brought in from the outside for advancement.

Great Company to move up in but work life balance is a bit tough

I started as a base manager and moved my way up quite quickly. If you work hard you are rewarded. The hours are tough and the pay is not enough for the hours you have to put in. However, for those without a college degree, it is an amazing place to make a name. Great benefits, fun people to work with, and usually good management depending on your hotel.

Environnement correcte.

Bon endroit pour apprendre et mettre en pratique..

Not what you would expect

They don’t pay what you’re worth and constantly try to get you to stay over or do other jobs that aren’t related to your position, I believe it’s because they have such a large amount of applicants (all of the time) that they don’t have to put in the effort to show they care about employees. The pay is lower than you’d expect- I’ve worked 3 different jobs there and I would’ve made more working at a fast food place or grocery store. People tend to stay in the low paying positions because they know “the Marriott” will look good on their résumé later. Wasn’t horrible if you can make the best of it, there were fun days. Don’t put too much hope into moving up, it’s rare because they like to bring new people in or family/friends of employees (that are of higher rank with influence) to fill those positions even if you have a degree or years of experience with them. Also, sometimes they are good about working around your classes and other times it causes issues and attitudes from management even though they tell you it’s not a problem during the hiring process.

Great people with good feedback on how to excel in your position. Management was easy to talk to as well. I like that they are honest and helpful with career growth

Political

You have to be “in” with certain management and executives to be promoted and receive fair treatment. Negative work environment with a partial union staff and non-union staff. Many disagreements because of this. Unfair treatment of non-union employees to accommodate union employees.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Too much personal life interferences

A legacy company

The company has many different departments that promote advancement. However, office politics are usually at play. It’s great to work for a global brand, and reap some of the lodging benefits. Size of team can vary depending on property. Pay as a front desk member could be better.

Pros

Hotel benefits, comprehensive training

Cons

Short breaks, standing for long periods, likelihood of working mandated overtime

Professional and fun to work in

Working with a reputable multi International company is beyond words. I have worked in all shifts and all the staff are very professional and fun to work with. In this kind of industry, I inherited excellent customer service skills, communication skills, leadership skills, teamwork skills, interpersonal skills and there are more to mention. Management are strict, caring and treats everyone like a family. Marriott International is one of the best place to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits