Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews for Bartender

Bartender573 reviews

Found 573 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Laidback environment but keeps you busy!

I worked as a bartender at Marriott and I enjoyed that the management dealt with everyone very down-to-earth. There was always plenty to do between working the kitchen and the bar at the same time, but at my location it seemed like they cared about hiring good employees so it always felt like I had a lot of support from my team and managers.

Pros

Supportive culture

Unprofessional and rude management

Worked at Grosvenors house catering department, what can I say rude welcome by receptionist, unprofessional management feels like you’re in kindergarden

Pros

Free food

Cons

Unprofessional management

Horrible place

No money, backstabbing employees, gaslighting managers. Toxic work environment, constant training on nonsense. Horrible customers, nice new hotel in a bad neighborhood.

New JW Marriott Resort and Spa in Orlando

I'm a bartender at the Lobby Lounge. We make a ton of money, the benefits are great, and the staff around me are all good hard working people. Management is hit or miss, generally hard working and mean well, but don't always perform at the highest level. Typical American management. Great benefits and Marriott is the best in the business?

Professional Work Environment

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone when this industry starts up and really moving once again. Good management that I dealt with in my short time here (Hired just before the Pandemic hit). All the staff I met had worked there for a years, so I'd say it seemed everyone was happy working there from my experience.

Pros

Staff cafeteria/ Proper breaks

Cons

The Banquet uniforms were not flattering for anyone wearing them

Easy job

This has been my favorite bartending job. The hours are fair, and the pay is excellent. I have never had an issue with management or staff. The drinks are easy to make

Great staff and culture! love the benefits and that I could work at any location.`

A typical day at work included setting up and organizing a clean bar station in order to maximize efficiency for making and serving beverages. Customer interaction is a very important aspect of this role.

Pros

Meeting new people! break room is great

Cons

the longest shift legally allowed

Fast paced work place

I worked as a Banquet Server so it was a temporary job. The job was hard on my body, you have to lift extremely heavy trays. Somedays you would have to serve and pick up after hundreds of people. Some days would be more stressful than others. Sometimes I didn’t feel like I mattered to management. Overall, I would recommend this position to a college student looking to make extra money.

Pros

The knowledge of setting up different events

Cons

Short breaks and long hours in your feet

you have to work your a**off to make money at these hotels, they push your limits if you're full-time and overwork you,the pay isn't worth the stress.

management lacked in every aspect, the pay isn't horrible but its definitely less than what a bartender should be making for you to make a decent wage you'd have to work full time and even then some weeks aren't great. they take full advtange of you if you're full-time they will work you till your back is broken and your mental health is non existent. no structure in the company they dont care about the employee's

Good pay for service job

Worked as a server at Marriott hotel restaurant, pay was fair including tips. Management was good; however, severely understaffed. No night time managers complicated dinner shift,

Pros

Free dinner, friendly management

Cons

Understaffed

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Marriott International?

The work enviornment is fantastic. This company is a very family oriented enviornment. Everybody steps up and helps when needed. Good time to rest before continuing with the second time of the day Lunch time good place to enjoy.

Pros

The work enviornment is fantastic.

good

Highly recommend place to anyone who love high quality hospitality job

Very happy to work for Marriott and another properties around the world!With high performance You will se the bests hospitality industry in this world !

Pros

Discount room rates

Cons

Non

Over all good management.

It's nice place to work. Generally good in all areas. Free accommodation provided, saff meal on duty and off duty provided.All benefits as per uae labor law.

Pros

Good staff accommodation 3 times meal.

Cons

Long work hours.

good pay, could use more help at times

Hardest part of the job was running the ship alone at times. But liked it overall and you could make really good money if you put in the hours. Would like to go back if there was an opening near me!

Great job culture. Management was a revolving door.

Very good culture. Compensation and benefits was good but not great. Management was a revolving door. From supervisors to managers, they just coming and going. Half the time, the new management lack experience. The staff knew more than they do. It felt like management was just babysitters.

Pros

Very good culture

Cons

Disappointed management

Small Team with flexible hours

Friendly co-workers. Small team. They do need to hire more people to avoid overworking the existing staff. Easy job. No micro-managing. Very flexible with scheduling.

Pros

Food discounts, great 401k, great clients

Cons

Short breaks

Seattle - Every property is different

I have worked at several Marriott International, Inc. properties in the Seattle area in Food and Beverage. Like people, each property has a different personality. However, that being said - I have had overall a good experience. A few bumps here and there, a few jerks here and there. My current property is outstanding. I get to work with a good team, I have a great manager, a good executive chef, and very proactive General Manager and Human Resources director. Most everyone I worked/work with is a professional and truly does their best. My particular environment is not "stringently corporate" and tends to be more flexible perhaps even a little lax, more so than most any other employer I've ever had. I enjoy the freedom and autonomy with which I get to do my job. They treat employees pretty well, most of the time. They have been exceptional during the pandemic. Marriott is not a one-size fits all, and no two properties are the same. Just like people. Good benefits for full-time.

Pros

meal, transportation reimbursements and discounts, decent maternity leave, referral bonuses, good healt dental and vision choices and low costs, focus on the guest, respect for staff

Cons

No free parking, employee meals not so great, but free, employee website poorly constructed and difficult to find information

Great company, outstanding management, fantastic tips

My time spent at this location was amazing. The staff always made me feel welcome and the bar guest always were fun to talk to. You get a lot of lawyers and pilots which is great for conversation. We were at full capacity any times with the conventions, weddings, and events the hotel booked which was great for my pockets and made my shifts eventful. The upper management always made me feel heard, and I knew that if I wanted to work my way up in the industry it was only a matter of me asking. I definitely recommend working for Marriott, their values definitely aligned with mine and as a bartender it’s nice knowing that even with a somewhat early closing time you will still make money. Also the benefits!!! Very affordable. 10/10 top notch company

Pros

Pay, benefits, feeling welcome, job security

Cons

Not really much to list, as a bartender you know what you sign up for

The guest

Great company to work for . Love the job because of the different guest that I interacted with on a daily basis and the pay was well plus tips. Long as you know how to talk and make drinks it’ll go great

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

It’s okay

I worked there for years as a bartender. It was an okay job. There are perks like hotel discounts but the insurance is expensive and doesn’t cover anything.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Bad insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits