Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative587 reviews

Found 587 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Entry-level

Good entry level job, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Depending on management, they could either help or hinder you from growing within the company.

Productive and fun workplace with a ton of support

Excellent and fun 2 week paid training program. PTO, benefits and 401k offered. Training staff was amazing and there is always support available if you need assistance after training is complete. I had a lot of fun working there.

The Marriott call center in Wichita is a very professional place.

Overall Marriott is a good call center to work at. The co-workers and management at this location are among the best. Now to the downside... The system will fail you on almost a daily be prepared to restart your computer in the middle of a call. When you need help with what to do regarding a caller you figure it out on your own or call the "assist line" it's a hit and miss with these ppl.. they are often located in other states and can be either very helpful or rude and bitter.. the schedule worked for me but for most it's not the best 4pm-12:30am... training was cool and a good experience.. the culture was good.. if you need a job to get you through I recommend Marriott I would also recommend it if you planned on making a career out of it. Calls are back to back most of the shift. You can take extra breaks up to like 25 minutes before it negatively impacts production.. goals are achievable...

Pros

The atmosphere

Cons

'The assist line'

Busy

Ok place to work. Some managers care about employees. Great customer service training. Promotion opportunities and advancement. Good benefits and hotel discount.

Shifts and working bank holidays is what lets me down

It looks like a friendly place to work at. There is many opportunities to grow in the company but if you're young a and you care about your social life I'm not sure I would recommend it. Working weekends, bank holidays and late shifts is just too much to ask for. If you want to sacrifice your life for job go ahead.

Great to speak with important members of company

Great place to start off in field. Too many Indians not enough chiefs. Trending with worldly wants, members have Great stays and benefits coworkers to have work life balance should be well seasoned so the turn around would have met the needs of coworkers not members.

Good workplace.

Good place to work...nice people, adequate training and fun environment. Not a lot of help once you go through training and are out on the floor. Fun place.

Everyone out for themselves

There is no support from management or other departments. We should all work together but everyone blames other departments for mistakes and passes the blame to others. As hard as one might try to assist customers and make their experience with the hotel a good one it’s hard to do that when other departments don’t do their part, and management doesn’t follow up on issues. Beautiful location and the guests were usually kind but the work was very intense and chaotic with us being so short staffed. Benefits were good too

Pros

Free lunches, Pass to Jekyll

Cons

Short staffing and lack of support

It was a very positive, educational experience for me that left me with some very close friends I have to this day.

I learned so much in my time working there. They support their staff quite a bit with educational tools, seminars, training programs. I wasn’t in a personal position to be able to advance or commit more of myself personally. However, growing and advancing was definitely an added bonus option (I felt it was a bonus at least)for those who has the capability, availability, and the interest in pursuing more. I learned just about every department whilst working there. Which inky added to my value to them. It kept things much more interesting for me since I could, on any day, be asked to work another department for the day. So I got to do many different things. To see what was the best fit for me is how I looked at it. I liked all aspects it turns out. So I covered a lot of “sick days” for folks that couldn’t make it in last minute. It was a “win-win” for us both. At least that’s how I viewed it. I enjoyed my time very much while there. And I am very grateful and will always be thankful for all they offered me to assist me in becoming a better employee for them there and beyond. One last tidbit that I thought was so generous of the particular Marriott I worked for: they provided lunch and dinner to all of us employees every single day. For EVERY EMPLOYEE. It was a cafeteria, buffet-style setup. Along with fountain drinks. But I just found that so above and beyond generous. A lot of the staff counted on those meals, as they were working their tails off to support their families. This support assisted many that had to really watch every penny. They also threw really fun Xmas parties. -

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Marriott International?

Nooooo

The lowest grande pay available in any city. It’s almost a joke. Management did make it beareable to live through. Look somewhere else there is no advancement opportunities here

n/a

Good company like the hotel room discount. There are several brands, depends on your preference. International destinations are better than some U.S. properties.

Lack of personnel and need many positions to be filled and pay was kinda bad. However staff was friendly overall and helpful with training.

Overall the job was pretty decent definitely better than working retail and restaurants. A ton of issues with communication with multiple departments and hard to get work done since no one owned up to their responsibilities.

Pros

Free lunch PTO Flexible schedule

Cons

Short staffed Overworked for the pay

Stressful and over-worked.

Marriot needs people talking on the phone (which sounds easy, but you get people swearing at you). They barely pay minimum wage (granted its the working from home rate) but increases are pennies.They had great managers but even they eventually left for better opportunities.They use have employee incentive days and fun activities (christmas party), but before by 2014 they stopped everything.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long hours, constantly changing shift, never getting vacation time, constant changing policies and procedures from head office

Good training

Good job, but it doesn't pay enough. Employee discounts do help, but the customer service aspect to this job adds to my job satisfaction and sets me apart from others on this job.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Bad computer systems.

Fun

Great place and easy to get along with flexible schedule and co workers are easy to get along with and pay is decent and hours are flexible and management is good

Good company

Learn a lot. Flexible with schedule if you are in school or have a second job. Great environment and chance to learn different positions that can help you succeed.

Busy environment

Management definitely keeps staff busy and is always looking at the next goal. Management is well intended but sometimes misses the mark. Well compensated for the work i I do

40 year career

I loved working at the Marriott Customer Engagment Center UNTIL Marriott purchased Starwood. The Marriott I went to work for IS NOT the Marriott I retired from. Purchasing Starwood was a HUGE mistake and our loyal Marriott guests know it.

Pros

Great Benefits, fair pay, open door policy

Cons

Changed after Starwood became part of Marriott, had to take phone calls after years of email only

Good and bad, overall tiring

Management sometimes is MIA when you truly need them. Job pay is fair but it’s mostly because of the Union at the hotel. If it weren’t for them we’d probably be paid pennies. The guests are good for the most part, but then there are some nightmare ones. The work is repetitive and dull, but it’s not bad. Coworkers are great, we treat each other like family.

Pros

Lunch is provided free of charge

Cons

No free parking for employees

Great place to hone your call center skills.

I loved working for this company. The pay was alright, and there are plenty of roles to get into. They hire internally as well so once you go in you are treated to a plethora of different roles.

Pros

Treated as like as a part of family.

Cons

Breaks are short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits