Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Front Desk Agent1,492 reviews

Found 1,492 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Mediocre bennefits

Mediocre benefits and working overtime is glorified. Pay is below average compared to other industries. Management is very sneaky and going to HR or corporate is useless. They are their to protect themselves.

A legacy company

The company has many different departments that promote advancement. However, office politics are usually at play. It’s great to work for a global brand, and reap some of the lodging benefits. Size of team can vary depending on property. Pay as a front desk member could be better.

Pros

Hotel benefits, comprehensive training

Cons

Short breaks, standing for long periods, likelihood of working mandated overtime

MSP Airport Marriott

Its okay upper management follows favoritism and is incredibly hard to move up. Management never steps in when shifts are uncovered. very not understanding when it comes to life situations.

Highly recommended at any point in your career

My time spent with Marriott Intl. was memorable, exciting, driving, and always in constant motion. The opportunities for growth are there, job security is there and the benefits and pay are very competitive & very good in my opinion, regardless of property management company. The culture that the Marriott Brand employs to their hotels is evident and consistent across the board regardless of location or property type. This is by far my favorite brand to work under.

Pros

Excellent benefits, pay, and culture

Cons

None unless you make them

The management and the people sucked

They would rather hire from outside than promote from within. They hired a supervisor that had no previous hotel experience instead of hiring someone from the front desk team who did. If you kiss up to management you will be preferred for scheduling. At least for front desk staff.

I loved working there. They were just too short staffed to train me properly.

Working here was a great opportunity for me. I learned I love the hospitality. I like bed being able to help guests and, when they have. Time, the managers are great people to work w lr

Pros

Discounts at Marriott hotels, free use of breakfast bar foods and drinks.

Cons

Computer system could be easier to use

Great benefits, low pay. Have to find a good property to like the job,

Working for Marriott means learning to kiss the ground people walk on. It's very draining and a lot of days the pay feels too low to be worth the loss of respect for yourself, however you do pick up a lot of skills and get great benefits. Marriott has some of the best healthcare options and has a decent system to check all of the other benefits included- i.e. discounts and partnerships. You just actually have to look for them.Hotel benefits are also great and save you a lot of money if you ever make enough to actually travel. Your family will love you for it though.Management is a hit or miss. I've worked at a Marriott with an amazing staff and management who wanted to help create new opportunities for you while also helping themself. There will be some properties that give you all the opportunity to reach out and move up, gain more experience and give chances to make more money while doing your job. There will be other properties that do the opposite with nonexistent GMs and managers who can't follow their own directions. The latter of the two will run you dry and get every cent out of you while doing nothing to help your life get easier as they are not planning to climb the ladder like everyone else and are comfortable where they're at.Sometimes the only thing getting you through a shift is your coworkers. At the properties I've been at, I've always loved my coworkers. We all understand the struggle and will typically be there for each other when our managers wont. Skill wise, you definitely learn how to talk to people. You learn how to work your way around a conversation -

Boring Job worth the Benefits

Marriott pays well and offers a multitude of benefits., Each location varies when it comes to overall work environment just have to find a location with people who mesh well with you.

Pros

Insurance, Retirement, Company Match

Love this company! My 2nd family!

I love the way the company trains you and allow you to be a part of the team. Before long, you feel like family and they show you that they want to see you grow and do well. Not every day is perfect but the group here works together and get through every day together as a team.

Pros

Easy going, genuine group of people

Cons

Pay could be better

great

wonderful place to work employees were great, management was wonderful. training was great. still in contact with a few coworkers to this day

Pros

pay

Cons

na

Great benefits, weird hours.

Working at the front desk you did get a Birdseye view for the entire place. Shifts aren't the greatest unless you've been with the company for a while (seniority). health insurance and employee discounts were great. Work-life balance is 100% dependent on the managers you have. I did enjoy helping guests, and interacting with all walks of life, but ultimately left to take a Monday-Friday 9 to 5 job.

Horrible

A place for college students not someone who wants a career. If moved to different departments it’s because help is needed not for advancement.Front desk and housekeeping is overwhelmed and understaffed you will have inconsistent schedule due to call outs.Guest are treated though by all staff.No benefits at all! No Perks! Just hardwork and petty gossip.

Easy work but hard to advance

Work is not too hard and can expect the same thing from day to day. Guests are generally nice but get a few that test your patience. Very hard to advance from within the company. Seems like they outsource management from different branches than from within the same hotel.

Favoritism

Rampant favoritism. Very exhausting, managers don't stand up for you. Decent discounts, awful pay. Flexible with my schedule, which helps since I am in school.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

A Great place to work

Great work place it has work life balance the pay is not always good. Management is fair and cares about their employees. The hardest part is keeping people front desk has a high turn over.

Great place for go-getters

I have worked for Marriott before. I love the atmosphere & work experience gained with Marriott International. Working for a franchise Marriott will be a new experience for me, however I am excited with all the possibilities. This is the best service industry to work for because the company has your back. Communication skills are great. And travel benefits are so awesome. This is a great company to work for.

Hard work. Low pay. Good Team

Very intense job but compensation doesn’t match the level of work needed. The team is the best part of coming to work each day. Be prepared for entitled people and sore feet.

Decent

Good just stressful. Difficult and outdated system to get familiar with. They did have free lunch for all workers. Pay is just not equivalent to work.

Do not recommend

The lack of proper management is disgusting. Nobody is supportive of one another and you are never trained to problem solve in the ways you need. If someone in management does not like you, they will make sure they get rid of you with no notice and with little reason, if at all. There is a lack of support from management all together. I reported situations to my team that made me uncomfortable and was told that I was “asking for it” and that it was “my fault” if something were to happen to me while leaving work. I struggled to keep up with the work load and was never appreciated for a job well done. Nothing good to say about this place. The guests were wonderful and were the only reason I stuck around. Besides my interactions with them, there was no positives.

Pros

Guest interactions

Cons

Bad management, poor communication and no lunch breaks

It was cool while it lasted

Cool while it lasted, its a revolving door and they dont often show appreciation. They promote from the outside rather than the inside, coworkers are cool

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits