Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Housekeeper1,552 reviews

Found 1,552 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

They are not what they stand for.

A typical day as a housekeeper is pretty busy. Vacant rooms, occupied rooms, and no service rooms. Up to 30 mins each room depending on need. I learned that advancement within a company like itself will possibly never happen yet they claim to "promote from within." Management is there to do the job they have and go home. Your issues are your issues. Your concerns are your concerns. Marriott claims to be about team togetherness as well as many other claims to culture they do not specifically stand on. The "culture" entails team work, customer service, and food waste management (lol) to say the least. This company doesn't stand on anything they say. Food waste is the number one concern, food is thrown away from banquets and breakfast literally everyday. You'd think they feed the staff all leftovers and not just what they feel fits. (Shaking my head.) There is not team work in housekeeping. Customers and giving them service is the only thing keeping the company going other than the housekeepers. The hardest part about this job was walking into an environment painted with theory and build from manure. If you speak of a problem you see, you become the problem they see. The most enjoyable part was witnessing the process they planned to fire me after numerous concerns were raised by me. I'm sure of someone took the time to dig deep much they realize the faults within the company. When employees perceive that their employers aren’t living up to their end of the deal, they’re less inclined to live up to theirs, often becoming disengaged, displaying passive aggressive behavior or letting -

It’s ok so far but every housekeeping job is different. Not much but most of the ladies on this department are nice. Some days you have everything other days you don’t have anything nice pay

The Wonderful experience at Marriott international

Simply Marriott's means Love and Life. An option where the world is sidelined to the other, The Marriott's are in favor of me. Job has clean and clear definition with The Marriott.Have a good time on Earth with Delta Fredericton, The Marriott's. Take my Love!

Pros

Always

Cons

Always

Good for students

the job role for a roomattendant its great to learn how to clean in very hight standart 5 star hotel rooms.you gone meet alot of people and you gone learn new things everyday.

Pros

free lunch, uniform, free water and coffe, bathrooms and change rooms for the staff plus safe locker

Cons

low paid - to much responsabilities plus late or forget paid salary.

Enjoyed employees

It was a fun place to work. Had a good time with fellow employees. Pay was ok had to work overtime as people did not show for their shift. Overall a good experience.

Huge shid show

This hotel was wildly unorganized and just a complete circus but nobody cared as long as your job got done. They hired an assistant manager externally rather than promoting a loyal employee of several years if not more. It wasn’t me nor would I want to manage, so it’s not a personal issue, still doesn’t sit right with me. If you confide in your manager about struggling with mental health concerns such as panic attacks interfering with your work, you’ll get told you’re “difficult to work with”. Cool lol.

Pros

Free soup for lunch

Cons

Disorganized, apathetic management, stressful

Nice environment

Nice environment to work in. You worked at your own pace and alone but they still expect you to meet and reach goals. Tips were allowed as well with based hourly pay

The over used staff, mostly , Marriott marquis city center Qatar

After the over the can terminate your job with them any time the mostly the set of HR team they are very poor service.The over used staff, mostly , Marriott marquis city center Qatar

Pros

Rubbish food

Cons

Good group of people, team work

I was working in housekeeping. I typical day is cleaning on average 6 rooms. Start my day loading up my cart with supplies. Cannot load cart day before since employees steal your stuff and don’t replace it. I had a David’s tea then ace stolen from my cart, very disappointing. Vacuum l my designated floor in front of elevators and dust whilst waiting for guests to checkout out. Start cleaning the rooms. I learned a lot about cleaning. Management very nice. Workplace culture positive. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish your rooms on time. Most enjoyable was the teamwork.

Pros

Free parking.

Cons

Pay not great.

I now hate a job I once loved and my mental health has suffered severely.

More times then not I was forced to skip my lunch to not fall behind. Their time management is horrible and I was forced to stay late many times. I often felt like my work was not valued and it made me discouraged. My mental health suffered severely while working there and it has made me hate housekeeping which I genuinely enjoyed previously.

Pros

Decent pay, lunch provided

Cons

Horrible management, improper training, rude supervisors, horrible time management (often had to skip lunch and breaks to not fall behind)

disrespectful of employees and ignores needs of employees

Management is unattentive,over work employees, ignores employees needs. And Condition in which they need time off. I didn't enjoy working here..

Na

It was a ok place to work no complaints people were ok manager where ok didn't have problems with teammates the work wasn't hard they didn't mind working with you.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Worked at the york Marriott on house keeping team

I was looking to be offered a Monday to Friday 9 till 3 contract you suit my families needs as I have 2 young children attending primary school. Was able To work extra if needed. Lovely people and great place to work

Pros

Gym to use with pool, Staff discounts at other hotel, in Discounts in restaurants, meals provided

Cons

Lots of rooms to do 18 a day I was sometimes getting

Very pleasant and perfessionalHelpful and a great business to work for. Staff helpful and it's a very clean establishment loved working there and would again

busy

Job kept you very busy. Meet new people everyday. Coworkers are okay to be around. Got to work and go home like any other job and or career. Nothing special

Productive and fun experience.

I was feeling relaxed while working at the hotel. The manager always gave me the hardest and dirtiest rooms. The pay is very low. Sometimes the manager asked me the leave because she didn’t needed some rooms anymore so my work hours was less.

Pros

Free lunches

Fast paced but warm atmosphere

If you're lucky you will end up working under proper management but the work is often fast paced and leaves little room for breather. It really just depends on which département you're working for. Most of these départements offer little to no possibility for advancement but the overall mood is not bad and banter between employers and employees is appreciated.

Pros

Coffee and juice/Fun atmosphere between employees/Parking on site

Cons

Long Hours/large workload/hard hours

Nice environment

Nice environment people Get treated with respect company offer great benefits and overall is a great company I work for this company 15 years the only reason I left is because of COVID-19.

Pros

Good benefit

Cons

The work depend on the Occupancy of the hotel

It’s a good place to work. Some managers can be hard to work with and some can be cool. It’s a good place to advance you can move around to different departments.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Too many rooms to clean

Nice place to work

Is a nice company, give you a lot of opportnity, you have a lot of benefits, the staff is very friendly and the management is well done. Is was a pleasure to work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Marriott International
  • Housekeeper
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?