Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews for Server

Server564 reviews

Found 564 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Overall a good experience

The benefits are great and there are opportunities to grow. Unfortunately I did not work there for long I feel as though the management was messy and did not benefit my skill growth.

Work and money is balance

Great to work at Marriott best in the world and safe also I have enjoyed working in Marriott and had good experience in my past days put people first

Good benefits and decent pay

Really good health care benefits, sometimes there are some great hotel discounts. They have 401k but company doesn't match for hourly employees. Previous management was not that great but the new ones are better

Sports gala monthly employment fiction

Amazing work place .I learned to much there.excelent management. One of the famous hotel in the country.good benefits for the staff.very take care management.over all wonderful experience.

Pros

Duty meal tea coffee uniform and pick and drop service

Cons

Twelve hours maximum

Lovely place

I love to work there, I worked there for 3 months and It was great I love everything single minute that I was there. :) Thanks for everything Marriot :)

Cons

Lunch and dinner

Over worked

You will work very long days with forced over time. Delta Grand Okanagan Management do not seem to have any experience. Management keeps changing the structure of positions and can not stick to the plans. No consistency and follow through.

Fun place to work

Excellent workplace, funny people, great teamwork, people are very nice willing to help, everyone cares giving you a hand to support and guide u in tge correct way

Fast paced fun workplace

I made good money and was rarely bored at work. It’s definitely cool to meet all the people that stop through. Tips are usually good, coworkers are nice.

Productive and energetic environment

Although hours are long and there isn't much of a balance between work and personal life, I enjoy the fast pace. Also people are friendly and the energy is great.

interesting workplace

A good place to make a career, many opportunities for growth, you learn a lot if you put your mind to it, the best thing is not to get stuck in one area.

Pros

they wash your uniform

Cons

One of the better resort jobs

Busy but they are well organized which makes a huge difference. Dynamic team and fun to work in different restaurants/outlets. Overall nice management

Great company

I was working as a server with Marriott for 5 years before COVID. Great company, great work life balance. Good management, great manager and coworkers.

Great brand to work for

Marriott is really the golden standard in the hospitality industry. They offer such great benefits (hint hint. Hotel discounts) and overall job security. Do not hesitate and go for it if you get an offer

Marriott is great place to work for. They have lots of room for advancement.

As a waiter for Marriott I would usually work both lunch and dinner service. While they have the typical scheduling needs for employees, they make up in a culture that cares for their employees. Having open door policies for managers and discounted room rates were my favorite aspects of working for them.

Pros

healthcare, room rates

Cons

scheduling

I love the marriott!!!

Marriott one of the best companies!!! Managers will work with you if you need help, with work or personal problems...and everybody work as a team.. I just Love it!!!

It is a great community of people we have there everyone is so great.

It is a great workplace I have met so meny great people threw there and I’m happy I work at the Marriott. The Environment is also great to work on and I don’t see my self leaving anytime soon.

Pros

Short hours nice shifts

Great pay but horrible management.

Managers tell you that you are replaceable and make you work long hours. Horrible communication every day..... Some days are great but most are stressful. The only thing keeping most servers are pay and benefits. Other than that, the managers go out of their way to make your job as stressful as possible.

Benefits

Cons

Managers

Great company with good benefits

Loved working for marriott. Great company with great benefits. Also a large company with plenty of options for growing your career. Good perks for full time employees

Pros

Pto, room discounts

Cons

Slow seasons

Great benefits and decent salary

The hours can be long at times , but can also be short pending on the hotel occupancy. The best perk is the 401K and benefits. Overtime is only offered if someone calls in sick .

Pros

Benefits free staff meals

Cons

No overtime allowed

It's a job

If retail is not your thing I wouldn't recommend not to mention you're usually not rewarded for your work... Just another job if you ask me but if you need to make money

Great culture and people

People here are amazing and great to work with. I got so many free shift meals and tried so many different types fo food it was amazing! This was also one of the jobs I've had the longest with great opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits