Marriott International

Kuwait11 reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Not fun workplace

I just stay for this company for short period of time due to my contract issue which make me decide to ask to leave them.. company itself is a good company, I can work under pressure but due to lack of reinforcement staff the management allows each department to barrow one staff to work overtime out of their position even without due compensation.. overtime is good but with good compensation in return..

Pros

Free food, house, transportation

Cons

Healthcare

productive and a busy work place

As an Executive Lounge Captain in one the most prestigious hotels all over the world, I have delivered good quality and excellent customer service role and I held it as a good training background. Basically I am a front liner and I am focused with the customer's needs and queries. Customer satisfaction is my basic target and priority in terms of service. My experience in JW Marriott Hotels is also a very strong training background since it caters hospitality and exceptional customer service. I was a front liner in my previous job and as a front liner i was engaged face to face with direct customers at all times. Interacting with people and working with different types of people is my forte. Working in the service industry is my passion. Management has taught me to deliver the best at all times and carry the brand image.

Pros

free lunch, accommodation, transportation

Cons

on call, working break

Asst Houskeeping Mgr, responsible for the entire housekeeping and laundry

Establishing a new hotel in the Middle east working for the first time with American Management learned Managerial and leadership Skills Obtained cross-training in the entire hotel in different department. Good Managers willing to help when I was unskilled. Trained me from a floor attendant to a housekeeping asst

Pros

Yes free employee meals were provided

Cons

extreme hours from 10-15 hrs a day

Cost Controller

Worked as a Cost Controller. Taking care of all hotel inventories and F&B Cost for each outlets as werll

Kuwait

Marriott International has three hotel in Kuwait and Purchasing function is cental for all the hotels. Enjoy working with them.

Sheraton was home

I always felt am at home with Sheraton hotel . Sheraton Kuwait is so organized and it is so convenient to be a part of their family as you are someone precious. many things I have learnt with Sheraton training courses as: ASES and SGSS. My Co-workers were like brothers and sisters, we were all one hand , fully team work last moment order was the most challenge part for me at Sheraton Kuwait as I understand the management had to fulfill the guest expectations. Employee recognitions system is one the best thing at Sheraton, you feel that your work is not ignored.

Pros

Free breakfast lunch and dinner even on day off and free transportation and accomodation.

Cons

long working hours

Hotelier

-'lil bit busy hotel. Working with different people.-i learned so many things especially working with other people-some training-i learned a lot to my co-workers and they learned from me also-sometimes going to big function (outside catering)-i'm enjoying working with my co-workers

Pros

free accomodation, transportation and food

Cons

hard working

H v a c technician in this hotel

I learned mostly about chillers ,how it is servicing and the maintenance of the chiller.And also about maintenance of air handling unit in all guest rooms.My co workers are friendly and we all are working like one team .My management is a great support for me.I love my job and will enjoy it.

Pros

accomodation and food is provided by our company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Marriott International Reviews by Location

• Marriott International
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?