Marriott International

Marriott International Culture reviews

Clear

Found 6,533 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Divertido

Se aprende mucho y buenos compañeros de trabajo y los jefes muy atentos 😃😃😃

A legacy company

The company has many different departments that promote advancement. However, office politics are usually at play. It’s great to work for a global brand, and reap some of the lodging benefits. Size of team can vary depending on property. Pay as a front desk member could be better.

Pros

Hotel benefits, comprehensive training

Cons

Short breaks, standing for long periods, likelihood of working mandated overtime

A nice place to work at.

Excellent working conditions. Driven goal getting gives one the drive to do their best for their clients. One community at work. Gives room for growth.

Great fun workplace

I loved this place when working there. There was a great working enviournment with great coworkers. I am grateful for how they treated me and great benefits!

Pros

Great hotel discounts

Cons

The breaks could've been longer.

They are not what they stand for.

A typical day as a housekeeper is pretty busy. Vacant rooms, occupied rooms, and no service rooms. Up to 30 mins each room depending on need. I learned that advancement within a company like itself will possibly never happen yet they claim to "promote from within." Management is there to do the job they have and go home. Your issues are your issues. Your concerns are your concerns. Marriott claims to be about team togetherness as well as many other claims to culture they do not specifically stand on. The "culture" entails team work, customer service, and food waste management (lol) to say the least. This company doesn't stand on anything they say. Food waste is the number one concern, food is thrown away from banquets and breakfast literally everyday. You'd think they feed the staff all leftovers and not just what they feel fits. (Shaking my head.) There is not team work in housekeeping. Customers and giving them service is the only thing keeping the company going other than the housekeepers. The hardest part about this job was walking into an environment painted with theory and build from manure. If you speak of a problem you see, you become the problem they see. The most enjoyable part was witnessing the process they planned to fire me after numerous concerns were raised by me. I'm sure of someone took the time to dig deep much they realize the faults within the company. When employees perceive that their employers aren’t living up to their end of the deal, they’re less inclined to live up to theirs, often becoming disengaged, displaying passive aggressive behavior or letting -

Highly recommended at any point in your career

My time spent with Marriott Intl. was memorable, exciting, driving, and always in constant motion. The opportunities for growth are there, job security is there and the benefits and pay are very competitive & very good in my opinion, regardless of property management company. The culture that the Marriott Brand employs to their hotels is evident and consistent across the board regardless of location or property type. This is by far my favorite brand to work under.

Pros

Excellent benefits, pay, and culture

Cons

None unless you make them

Productive and fun workplace with a ton of support

Excellent and fun 2 week paid training program. PTO, benefits and 401k offered. Training staff was amazing and there is always support available if you need assistance after training is complete. I had a lot of fun working there.

Very supportive environment, but outdated company

The culture with this company is amazing. Everyone is very supportive and ready to advance you if you show some ambition. However, I felt like this company lost a lotof its fun and appeal to the upcoming generation in the workforce. It was common to hear from plenty of vets with the company that “this isn’t the same company I started with 20 years ago”. I did appreciate how family friendly this company was.

Pros

Family Friendly, flexible schedule

Cons

Outdated, low pay

Productive and fun place to work on

It is great to work for a company like treat you like a family, excellent team work very good relationship between manager Director associates, Recognizing celebration.

Many career development opportunities, good environment, great people.

At the beginning dealing with the calls could be stressing but if you play smart, there are many opportunities to progress within the company.The higher management could be more innovative and supportive.

Buena relación laboral buena comunicación

Buenos jefes , respeto, buen trato al personal muy pocas hora

You will not be treated well

Awful workplace culture. So much effort put into giving the appearance of a caring, inclusive workplace that treats employees like family, but in reality the senior management are in it only for themselves. If you are not working for their own personal gain, you are not a "team player".

The other people I worked with some were team players and others were not which was bad. It's great to not only register someone but also assist with their needs, the bad with coworkers who only thought of themselves.

Fun and productive atmosphere. Will definitely keep you on your toes - there were multiple events a day.

Managers are pretty hands off in this role. It is a go go go atmosphere, so everyone must divide up and conquer their individual roles and responsibilities, though the team is there if you need them.

Fun worker

I enjoy getting to know my coworkers. I love being able to build a team. I love making sure anyone who stays with us has the most enjoyable and pleasant time. I always do my best to make sure that every clients needs are met. And make sure their trip is one of the most enjoyable. I enjoy making people happy. And take pleasure in knowing I helped them have a wonderful time.

Fun work place newly renovated and friendly staff in all depts

Great staff that help you and multitasking is a must employee meals are great the diversity and the managers to HR and F&B are great good place to work

ยินดีที่ได้ร่วมงาน

ได้รับความอบอุ่นและมิตรภาพในการทำงาน ให้โอกาสกับคนที่มีประสบการณ์น้อยแต่ตั่งใจฝึกด้านภาษาและการบริการ เป็นบ้านหลังที่2 ในระยะเวลาที่ได้ทำงาน ถ้ามีโอกาสผมอยากกลับไปร่วมงานอีกครั้ง

si en ambiente divertido con actividades para los clientes internos asiciados

excelente ambiente de trabajo y crecimiento para el asociado

Enjoyed the work environment, the work, and working with my team members and managers

Loved working with the guests and my team members; we had an efficient team that always got things done on time and excellent managers who led by example.

Best Products

Your products are amazing! I have been using them for a while now and I am satisfied. I love your serums the most. They are well suited for my skin...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Marriott International
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?