Marriott International

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 7,131 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,140 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Not too bad

The biggest thing for me with this company is that the call volume is very high. It typically slows down around 11pm but before that it’s back to back which can be exhausting. Management is typically very understanding. However, with the call volume a 30 minute lunch doesn’t seem like enough time to regroup and come back.

Pros

Understanding management, flexible schedule

Cons

Short breaks, high call volume

I am single not married

Marriott company is a very good working places an I love to be employed they have a good worker's an a good working places an I well like to join they company

Not bueno.

So I've just started working last year in September at the CEC in Mexico city. Yes everyone makes you feel welcome and accepted, the bad part comes when you realize that you're no getting the payed what you deserve. Just imagine getting payed less than 1% (3 dólares an hour in my case) of the revenue you are making, and at the end of the day it's just another big company taking advantage of the cheap work from other countries. Now you may say that it's fair because I live in Mexico, and yes it is different than living in the USA but if we're hitting the same numbers as the CEC'S in America or Canada why am I getting 1/4 of what they are getting? Thank God I'm leaving next month. Mental health is important and staying here for a long time won't make any good.

Completely disorganized

Way too many chiefs and not enough Indians. you’ll have five bosses none of them are on the same page .Terrible environment no training they make you wait six months for benefits .anytime they have a budget issue they really on cutting the hourly employees hours to fix the problem while you have fave salary people doing nothing in the office all winter.terrible company.

Divertido

Se aprende mucho y buenos compañeros de trabajo y los jefes muy atentos 😃😃😃

Entry-level

Good entry level job, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Depending on management, they could either help or hinder you from growing within the company.

Diverse

Difficult to move up. Need to start at the level you would like to attain. Your potential is not recognized. People are brought in from the outside for advancement.

Great Company to move up in but work life balance is a bit tough

I started as a base manager and moved my way up quite quickly. If you work hard you are rewarded. The hours are tough and the pay is not enough for the hours you have to put in. However, for those without a college degree, it is an amazing place to make a name. Great benefits, fun people to work with, and usually good management depending on your hotel.

Great people with good feedback on how to excel in your position. Management was easy to talk to as well. I like that they are honest and helpful with career growth

A nice place to work at.

Excellent working conditions. Driven goal getting gives one the drive to do their best for their clients. One community at work. Gives room for growth.

MSP Airport Marriott

Its okay upper management follows favoritism and is incredibly hard to move up. Management never steps in when shifts are uncovered. very not understanding when it comes to life situations.

Agradável

Bom salário e gestão Aprende-se muito! Possibilidade de crescimento de carreira

Fun place to work

I worked there 25 years, love Marriott Top pay many awards in top sales Including associate of the year!Don’t understand why they won’t let me come back to work with a better schedule then working nights and graveyard schedule. Very seldom missed any time.If I could get my home agent/ day shift back I would go back in a heartbeat!

The find a job on online it's so difficult, we applied but not getting proper reply. every time when you choosing job.

I worked there it's too good but working hours are so long. And sometimes I didn't find the good boss who give you proper institutions.and they giving promotion to people so early. If you are in marriot it's to easy find the job but not giving chance to outer people.

Highly recommended at any point in your career

My time spent with Marriott Intl. was memorable, exciting, driving, and always in constant motion. The opportunities for growth are there, job security is there and the benefits and pay are very competitive & very good in my opinion, regardless of property management company. The culture that the Marriott Brand employs to their hotels is evident and consistent across the board regardless of location or property type. This is by far my favorite brand to work under.

Pros

Excellent benefits, pay, and culture

Cons

None unless you make them

The Wonderful experience at Marriott international

Simply Marriott's means Love and Life. An option where the world is sidelined to the other, The Marriott's are in favor of me. Job has clean and clear definition with The Marriott.Have a good time on Earth with Delta Fredericton, The Marriott's. Take my Love!

Pros

Always

Cons

Always

Many career development opportunities, good environment, great people.

At the beginning dealing with the calls could be stressing but if you play smart, there are many opportunities to progress within the company.The higher management could be more innovative and supportive.

It’s ok

While working for Marriott, I definitely learned a lot. It prepared me to move forward within the company or another one. Management is probably the biggest con.

Cons

Management. Work life balance

Buena relación laboral buena comunicación

Buenos jefes , respeto, buen trato al personal muy pocas hora

Internationally recognized organization

Internationally recognized company where you get to help people with their travel and trips. Very fast-paced work environment, with the ability to work from home for some roles. This would be a great place to start a career in the customer service or travel industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits