Michael Page
Coronavirus update
Information from Michael Page:

Michael Page Employee Reviews for Recruitment Consultant

Recruitment Consultant30 reviews
Pour une première expérience dans le monde du recrutement, c'est la compagnie parfaite. Belle équipe de travail, environnement très collaboratif. Je recommande malgré quelques points négatifs.
Pros
Équipe super sympa ou tout le monde s'entend à merveille, belle opportunité pour apprendre le recrutement, bureaux tout près des transports en commun
Cons
Salaires et politique de bonus trimestriel très bas comparativement au marché, compagnie peu adaptée niveau technologie, et CEO avec mentalité un peu ''arriérée''
Great group of people to work with. Couldn't do enough to help and have an excellent training program. The management take the team to understand you and are very approachable.
Pros
Good management and team culture.
Cons
Genc, hızlı, performans odaklı bir sirket. Eglenceli bir sirket ortamı var. İş stresi ise yüksek.
Good training but tiny specialisms where sabotage is encourged to win.

Fees are more important than service

High turn over of staff

Brand name is recognisable and opens doors but increasingly bad reputation from stressed consultants offering poor service
Great place to work. Excellent and meritocratic culture with free hand given to the employees to go out and get business. It is a great place to learn networking skills and client interaction.
Empresa com forte cultura empresarial.
Promove um ótimo ambiente de trabalho.

Ponto forte eh a promocao de networking

Foi gratificante trabalhar na Michael Page
Michael Page was my first workplace. The work environment was very energetic and dynamic.
As it is a performance based company, multitasking is required.
Great place to learn and grow as a recruiter. The company takes the time to train and teach everything you need for the job. Very good experience,very long hours.
Michael Page is a great place to work. The hours are a bit long for those that haven't had to work hard before but pretty normal for those who have been serious about their career. "Normal Hours" are 8:00AM-6:00PM (Monday - Thursday)
8:00AM-5:00PM (Friday)

Every Monday our office gets breakfast provided and on Fridays we take the last hour to have a few beers or glasses of wine and chat with our colleagues (So really hours on Friday are like 8:00-4:00). And every quarter there is a QB (quarterly bash) where we take a half day and go have fun with some drinks on a boat or with some fun activities. It's a real "Work hard. Play hard" mentality.

The base pay is very competitive and it's not a draw. There is also excellent bonus potential every quarter (7%-12% of any billed revenue over $60k). And the medical benefits are great plus you get 20 PTO/Vacation days, 5 sick days, all bank holidays off (plus a 1/2 day the Friday before), and a shortened schedule during the Christmas season.

With that being said, it's no joke. It's a competitive, hard-working, stressful, relentlessly fast-paced environment. If you're new to sales (or working for that matter) it's going to really gear your mindset to be entrepreneurial but will also weed out those with a weak work-ethic fairly quickly. Goals are tough and getting there is a grind. It requires a lot of focus, persistence, and perseverance. There will be times when that week sucks and it's tough to get in there. And then there will be killer weeks in which you won't want to end. All-in-all, the time goes by quickly,
 - more...
Pros
Competitive, Compensation, Culture, Company, Industry, Growth/Development
Cons
Work/Life Balance (slightly), Typical Company Issues
Great pay but long hours and very demanding sales culture. You are required to sell the jobs to any qualified candidate regardless if they are a good fit or if it is what they are looking for.
February 26, 2018
At PageGroup, we take a consultative approach. A significant element of our job is to assist our candidates in reaching their fullest potentials, and this may come in the form of providing career advice as well as guiding them towards jobs they may not have originally envisioned for themselves. We are extremely transparent, and ultimately it is the candidate’s prerogative to communicate with us should they ever wish to steer the job search in a different direction. As we are in the business of establishing and maintaining long-term relationships, we strive to create a dynamic that keeps our candidates and clients coming back to work with us again. Hence, it’s crucial for us to secure our candidates with jobs that will further their careers, suit their skill sets and make them happy in their working environments. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
Benefits and PTO tend to very generous, but certainly expected to work a lot of hours to feel like you deserve it. If you do not see the results, expect a lot of scrutiny. If you do well, the leash is loosened. If you work 10+ hour days and don't bill, you are labelled as a non-intense lax worker. Culture is competitive and performance-based, and can be immature and petty. Senior Management will call you out, humiliate you, and use fear tactics to get you to perform. Managers are those promoted within based strictly on revenue targets, proving to be good at sales, but lacking in any unique management style and knowledge of employee motivation and morale. Trickled down fear tactics from senior management are the norm.

Some managers can be better, some people can be easier to get along with than others, if you perform and see results, there are plenty of incentives and generous bonuses and rewards.
January 18, 2018
PageGroup operates as a traditional sales organization, and as such, we find a performance-based culture to be effective in yielding the results we strive to attain. The job of a Recruitment Consultant is not for the faint of heart as we have high performance standards and there are consistently new challenges to be faced on a daily basis. With that being said, we have established an environment where our people are positioned to achieve success, and our management team works tirelessly to motivate, support and help each person maximize his or her potential. While our Managers certainly incorporate idiosyncratic leadership styles tailored to their teams, recruitment will always be a results-driven industry, and we never shy away from conveying this message. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
Michael Page is one of the best recruitment firms around, placing high quality, relationship management, and 360 degree sales cycles. Big presence in multiple countries, with leadership knowing how to treat and reward performing individuals, and help under-performers with patience and care.
After 4 days worth of interviews, I received a verbal offer as a recruitment consultant at Michael Page. At the time, I was also considering an offer from one of their top competitors. After encouraging me to refuse the competitors offer (which I did) I was informed that Michael Page was rescinding my original offer.

Shady business practices accompanied by poor communication and management by higher-ups.

DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!
November 30, 2017
It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our clients and candidates. We are very sorry to hear about this experience and for any miscommunication. We would appreciate if you could contact us directly to further discuss this matter and remedy the situation. Thank you, Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director
Good company for a stepping stone into better opportunities. Has a great training structure to help you grow within company, and other companies outside of Michael Page know this.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Extreamly stressful
Good opportunity, well paid. Tough sector but great development opportunities with training and experience within office. Boring at times as long days and ruthless management. Micro-managed to an extent.
Working for MP was a great first experience. It is the type of job where you need to go up and above consistently to receive fair compensation. It is a very competitive environment and if you're okay sacrificing a work-life balance then this job is for you. The people are so young and fun, but that is also where management suffers a bit.
Michael Page is a great company to work in if you are passionate about your work as the work life balance is not a moto there.
They push you hard to succeed and you learn a lot over the job and internal politics.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Michael Page. It gave me the tools I needed to build my sales and customer service skills. I would recommend working at MP to anyone who wants to start their career in Recruitment.
Very KPI driven and highly micro managed. Do not look to slowly build consultants up and help them develop and grow professionally. Good group that work in the office and the culture is good.
Pros
Good culture and team
Cons
Long hours and highly KPI driven. No flexibility.
As a recruitment consultant at Michael Page was involved in the the recruitment of newly qualified accountants with salaries in the range of 20,000-30000.

I learned a lot working from Michael Page in terms of dealing with senior execs in a blue chip environment.

The role was very enjoyable and management and staff were fantastic.
You only feel valued here if you are closing a lot of deals, and depending on how the market is depends on how well you are successful in this industry.