Michael Page Employee Reviews in London

3.3Pay & Benefits
Incompetent Management/Team Leader
Compliance (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 6, 2019
Compliance Department - Very poor team leader and the manager is not interested in hearing how the team is getting along.

No training actually provided as promised - rather chucked straight into the deep end. If you ask any questions - they think you are incapable of completing the workload or you are told to find the information out for yourself.

No job security - loads of temp contracts - so that they can get rid of you whenever they feel like doing so. During my time at the company - around 10/12 people fired. In my team at one point we was down to a team of 3 people when there should be 5/6 people in a team - more pressure and no appreciation either.

No communication if there is an issue, neither any support from senior team members (team leader) - you get picked on - rather than trying to resolve the problem (a lot of indirect form of bullying).

Team meetings are not constructive - always complaints from management. No rewards or recognition for all the hard work.

Would not recommend joining this company.
Cons
Terrible incompetant team leader/management
Great culture, supportive management but a little old school in approach
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENGDecember 3, 2012
A typical day at work includes canvassing for new roles, business development, candidate resourcing, client liaison, chasing debt, training staff, client meeting, candidate interviews, filling positions, offer management, negotiation, selling solutions.

I've learnt everything around running a successful, professional and full sales lifecycle. Most importantly, I've learnt how to develop business from scratch, sell solutions and create long-standing partnerships that bring repeat business & guaranteed revenue.

Management has been extremely supportive throughout my time at Michael Page. Everything is open plan, no matter how senior you are. Therefore, there is very much a collegiate atmosphere. Michael Page is very much a meritocracy.

I am friends with a number of my co-workers, both past & present. There is a mixed bag of quality due to the staff churn in the recruitment industry. Therefore, there aren't as many people to aspire to as I would like.

The hardest part of my job has changed during my career at Michael Page. Currently the biggest challenge is managing to balance my billing obligations versus my management requirements. However, the consistent theme in recruitment is being resilient enough to take disappointment in your stride and keep moving forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed, especially through my mentoring & coaching. However, I still very much enjoy being at the front-line, making solution sells and placing candidates.
Pros
great brand, culture and people
Cons
remuneration and an element of being "stuck in their ways"