Michael Page
Coronavirus update
Information from Michael Page:

Michael Page Employee Reviews in London

London12 reviews
Fast paced business offering plenty of challenge. Lots of fun to be had in all their teams and plenty of coaching and training to help you make great strides in agency recruitment.
You’ll be stressed, sad, and overworked. You’re constantly shouted at no matter how hard you work and there is zero respect, especially for women. Avoid
Good training but tiny specialisms where sabotage is encourged to win.

Fees are more important than service

High turn over of staff

Brand name is recognisable and opens doors but increasingly bad reputation from stressed consultants offering poor service
Compliance Department - Very poor team leader and the manager is not interested in hearing how the team is getting along.

No training actually provided as promised - rather chucked straight into the deep end. If you ask any questions - they think you are incapable of completing the workload or you are told to find the information out for yourself.

No job security - loads of temp contracts - so that they can get rid of you whenever they feel like doing so. During my time at the company - around 10/12 people fired. In my team at one point we was down to a team of 3 people when there should be 5/6 people in a team - more pressure and no appreciation either.

No communication if there is an issue, neither any support from senior team members (team leader) - you get picked on - rather than trying to resolve the problem (a lot of indirect form of bullying).

Team meetings are not constructive - always complaints from management. No rewards or recognition for all the hard work.

Would not recommend joining this company.
Cons
Terrible incompetant team leader/management
Different from my other ones actually my favorite one as it was in the UK when i was studying and it was part of my college to go work with them as part of my project and it was the best one ever
I can't fault MPI they are a great bunch to work with, unfortunately due to personal circumstances i had to move away from central london and as such find a new recruiter.
When there was a vacancy for a Clerk of Works in my professioñ they were well versed in job spec.
If someone else got the post they always came back to you and told you. Very rare an agency will bother to come back to you
I had just moved back from Spain and it was a good place to get started in London. It was a good environment but I only worked there for a short time.
Although i enjoyed the recruitment side of the role, working within the finance department did not suit me and i felt my talents and interpersonal and organisation skills could be used elsewhere.
I worked for this monstrosity of an organisation for twelve weeks and they were the worst of my working life. You are sat at a computer and told to read from a script with very little coaching or direction. I was told one thing by my direct manager and then another by his manager. I was pressured into making vast amounts of calls and then quizzed in front of the office about what I'd achieved, which due to the substandard training I received was nothing. The people were generally friendly although there is a massive bragging culture and everyone thinks their better than everyone else. I felt like burden a when I asked for help and was made to work from 8:00 until 18:30 even though my contract was 9:00 until 17:00. I work longer hours now but through choice and because I need to, not because corporate strategy forces me to. I had several sit downs with directors where I was made to feel like the most incompetent useless worker ever hired by the company and I felt like i was constructively forced out of the company.

The pay was good and the bonus scheme never pays out.

Those who recruitment comes naturally to will have a great career and make loads of money, but those who need a bit of time and investment to learn and develop will be dumped into unemployment by or before the 12 week probation is over.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
Little training, poor coaching and development, mixed messages from managers, 'one up manship' culture, dump employees who sturggle into the abyss
Michael Page is a lovely company too work for, the vibe you feel and get is wonderful.

At Michael Page they work hard and play hard.

The best part about my job is the fact I am left to get on with it! My Director is so confident in what I do that he lets me get on with it and this give me so much confident in what I do and I aspire not to let him or my team down.
Pros
We celebrate when we have done a hards day work. (like a reward)
Cons
There is no more progression for me.
A typical day at work includes canvassing for new roles, business development, candidate resourcing, client liaison, chasing debt, training staff, client meeting, candidate interviews, filling positions, offer management, negotiation, selling solutions.

I've learnt everything around running a successful, professional and full sales lifecycle. Most importantly, I've learnt how to develop business from scratch, sell solutions and create long-standing partnerships that bring repeat business & guaranteed revenue.

Management has been extremely supportive throughout my time at Michael Page. Everything is open plan, no matter how senior you are. Therefore, there is very much a collegiate atmosphere. Michael Page is very much a meritocracy.

I am friends with a number of my co-workers, both past & present. There is a mixed bag of quality due to the staff churn in the recruitment industry. Therefore, there aren't as many people to aspire to as I would like.

The hardest part of my job has changed during my career at Michael Page. Currently the biggest challenge is managing to balance my billing obligations versus my management requirements. However, the consistent theme in recruitment is being resilient enough to take disappointment in your stride and keep moving forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed, especially through my mentoring & coaching. However, I still very much enjoy being at the front-line, making solution sells and placing candidates.
Pros
great brand, culture and people
Cons
remuneration and an element of being "stuck in their ways"
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.