Michael Page

Michael Page Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Productive and fast paced
A typical day at work starts around 8 am and ends around 5 pm, Learned Insurance accounting. Workplace culture employees may help each other but competitive.
Very corporate
Great experience, worked with a good staff, training was often and senior management interacted with all levels in the firm. Team mentality made working with CTBC a good fit.
Good work environment
Horrible place
They post fake jobs. They post positions they don't actually have just to have a pool of candidates when they do have positions like that. Stay away. Then they will duck your emails and calls and act like you're bothering them. Stay away................................
Pros
Cons
all of them
April 17, 2019
At PageGroup, we are leaders in the recruitment industry and we hold ourselves to high ethical standards. For over four decades, we have been the exemplar of how good business is conducted. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
It's improving, but could be better
As a global brand, Michael Page is strong, but faces a very strong uphill battle in North America. Incredibly high turnover rate is its biggest downfall. Recruiters are sometimes promoted too quickly, based solely on hitting numbers and not experience, while there's an acute stagnation in career progression among the support departments.
Pros
Bagel Mondays
Cons
Stressful performance culture, lack of direction from management
People were great
My management was awesome but I know not beyond felt that way. People were really great but the hours and the type of work are very very hard. Great training.
Will not pay you on time
Inefficiency from the UK to NY. Will give you the runaround regarding payment. You will have to chase them to ensure that your payment comes in on time... and it still won't come in on time. You'll additionally be fed lies regarding a 'faulty system' which only affects 10 employees and a lack of petty cash in their NY office... Do not work here if you actually need the money which is rightfully yours.
Cons
untimely pay
May 10, 2018
The sustainability of our business relies on our candidates. Whether we are making advisements or paying our temps, it is of the utmost importance for us to deliver on everything we promise. That being said, I apologize if there has been an error with payroll, so please contact me directly so we can ensure the problem is solved. No company is impervious to technical glitches regardless of size. Furthermore, PageGroup Consultants will never force a candidate to take a job – it is ultimately the candidates prerogative to accept or decline the job offers. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
Good entry level job. All depends on your team
You are expected to be successful very quickly. However, they have invested a lot in training and development so there are a lot of eyes on you to perform.
Pros
straight forward promotion targets
Cons
Micromanagement and "discretionary" bonus structure.
Sales Environment
Great pay but long hours and very demanding sales culture. You are required to sell the jobs to any qualified candidate regardless if they are a good fit or if it is what they are looking for.
February 26, 2018
At PageGroup, we take a consultative approach. A significant element of our job is to assist our candidates in reaching their fullest potentials, and this may come in the form of providing career advice as well as guiding them towards jobs they may not have originally envisioned for themselves. We are extremely transparent, and ultimately it is the candidate’s prerogative to communicate with us should they ever wish to steer the job search in a different direction. As we are in the business of establishing and maintaining long-term relationships, we strive to create a dynamic that keeps our candidates and clients coming back to work with us again. Hence, it’s crucial for us to secure our candidates with jobs that will further their careers, suit their skill sets and make them happy in their working environments. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
Poor management and outdated metrics
Benefits and PTO tend to very generous, but certainly expected to work a lot of hours to feel like you deserve it. If you do not see the results, expect a lot of scrutiny. If you do well, the leash is loosened. If you work 10+ hour days and don't bill, you are labelled as a non-intense lax worker. Culture is competitive and performance-based, and can be immature and petty. Senior Management will call you out, humiliate you, and use fear tactics to get you to perform. Managers are those promoted within based strictly on revenue targets, proving to be good at sales, but lacking in any unique management style and knowledge of employee motivation and morale. Trickled down fear tactics from senior management are the norm.

Some managers can be better, some people can be easier to get along with than others, if you perform and see results, there are plenty of incentives and generous bonuses and rewards.
January 18, 2018
PageGroup operates as a traditional sales organization, and as such, we find a performance-based culture to be effective in yielding the results we strive to attain. The job of a Recruitment Consultant is not for the faint of heart as we have high performance standards and there are consistently new challenges to be faced on a daily basis. With that being said, we have established an environment where our people are positioned to achieve success, and our management team works tirelessly to motivate, support and help each person maximize his or her potential. While our Managers certainly incorporate idiosyncratic leadership styles tailored to their teams, recruitment will always be a results-driven industry, and we never shy away from conveying this message. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
Shady business practices, beware
After 4 days worth of interviews, I received a verbal offer as a recruitment consultant at Michael Page. At the time, I was also considering an offer from one of their top competitors. After encouraging me to refuse the competitors offer (which I did) I was informed that Michael Page was rescinding my original offer.

Shady business practices accompanied by poor communication and management by higher-ups.

DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!
November 30, 2017
It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our clients and candidates. We are very sorry to hear about this experience and for any miscommunication. We would appreciate if you could contact us directly to further discuss this matter and remedy the situation. Thank you, Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director
WS a great temp agency I’ve worked with
Great company to work for outstanding ustimer service explained the job in detail and Checked I’m on my very often and not to many agencies really do that
Fast paced
faced paced environment and room for improvement if under the right management. good pay for a started position and near my home town also so commute was not bad
Pros
multiple vacation days
Cons
management did not help me advance in my career
Great place for smart workers
Some of these reviews are hilarious and clearly not written by actual MP employees. MP is an awesome company to work for - we get breakfast on mondays, can expense meals , get recognized with bottles of champange when we do well, get quartley parties that can include a trip to the wineries or white water rafting, we get quarterly bonuses that range from 5k to 40k. I had no prior recruitment experience and was started on a base salary of $60k. On fridays we leave early and are able have a drink ar our desk in the afternoon. We dont clock in or out and its not about how much time we are at our desk, but what we accomplish. We have the ability to work from home and get 1 month of vacation. If you hit your targets you get a free trip- targets arent hard to hit, i hit mine in my second quarter with no recruitnent experience. Also, if we dont call you back, dont take it personal - take it as what it is - bussiness. If youre good for a job, well call you, because you are essentially our money. Also, MP pays too high of a base to have to pay OT ...so not that I think they would actually 'promise' OT..but if its not in your contract/offfer letter, thats your own fault. If you are a clock watcher , want a job to do bare minimum at, and dont understand the value /payoff of hard work, def not a job for you.
Pros
Breakfast, flexible schedule, great work cukture
Cons
Cant think of any
Overall Good
I was disappointed when I started working for Michael Page, because they made promises for overtime that weren't given. Over all the company is good, but when promises are made contractors expect them to be carried out.
Pros
Cons
broken promises
October 12, 2017
We are very sorry to hear about this experience you had with us and would like to investigate it further. Please feel free to reach out to us to share more information about this incident. Thank you, Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director. (212) 661-4800
Great Place to work
The supervisor is a great individual to work with and the environment is professional without being stuffy. The work load is heavy and requires a lot of attention to detail and I've proven to be able to handle it.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Long commute
Michael Page
Working for MP was a great first experience. It is the type of job where you need to go up and above consistently to receive fair compensation. It is a very competitive environment and if you're okay sacrificing a work-life balance then this job is for you. The people are so young and fun, but that is also where management suffers a bit.
For a company that is supposed to source talent, they have no idea how to treat them
Not sure how they can source talent properly when they don't know how to manage it when they source it.

Horrible communication, bad attitudes from the recruiters. They claim to know how to find you HR talent, but they do not know how to keep talented HR people engaged.

Maybe treat your HR executives you try to herd in like cows so you can have a book better, because we will remember you when it comes time to hire an agency.

I wouldn't use this agency to source candidates for a company if it was the last agency on earth.
bad
no good at all, bad manager, not doing well financially. misrepresented job to employees and were told to do the same when talking about the job
High-Commitment job in a rewarding environment
MPI continuously aims to improve their training for new hires and implement incentives to encourage high KPIs. Managers take feedback seriously and WANT to maintain headcount. Some ex-MPI employees will often leave with a sour taste in their mouth because they probably didn't push themselves hard enough or weren't cut out for sales, period. This is probably the best company to work for if you're an honest go-getter. Naturally, if you expect massive success in your first 6-12 months, it probably won't happen. This job requires commitment, and all too often you come across Consultants who don't show that level of ambition. Success here is seen 12+ months down the line. Until you get there, you need to be resilient and keep up high activity levels. You'll get sacked if you don't show that you're trying to keep up.
Pros
All-inclusive quarterly trips for those who hit their goals, uncapped bonuses, heavy training, management support
Negative Work Environment
Page Group provided a negative work environment that resulted in a very high turnover rate. Most employees who left ended up far more satisfied in their next role, where they flourished due to better conditions.
Pros
Cutthroat environment creates thick skin in the game
Cons
High turnover, poor leadership, bad attitudes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.