Michael Page
Coronavirus update
Information from Michael Page:

Michael Page Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant20 reviews
Fun work environment however it is definitely a sales driven environment. You are expected to work long hours (8a-6pm) and meet expectations within a very short time period. Company has an extremely high turn over rate for recruiters so unless you are working overtime, to the T, and performing well - job security is extremely questionable. Average lifespan for most recruiters is 8-10 months. If even that.
Structured and disciplined training which is good for fresh graduate
Work life balance is not very good

Micromanagement style

Quarterly bonus is not easy to reach
Pros
Training
Cons
Work life balance, heavily based on KPI
A typical day at work starts around 8 am and ends around 5 pm, Learned Insurance accounting. Workplace culture employees may help each other but competitive.
A good company but it is not engineering related. It's more fit for HR related staff. I hope I can be a project manager in the near future. That's what I'm interested
Great training, well known firm with a good client base. Can be extremely "cliquey" and certain people are clearly favoured for a fast track to management.

Commission is discretionary - and nobody really has any idea how it's worked out.

Management capability depends totally on which team you join unfortunately, and there is not really much consistency between managers.
Guess this is the industry maybe but MP is very much a sales job. All about the numbers and as long as you close the job they are happy.

Short term clients are better than the long term once and as long as you find any candidate they are happy. All about numbers in this company but ok money to be made
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Lying to clients
Page offers a fun and enjoyable workplace environment with colleagues who are helpful and reliable.

The role of a Consultant can be very demanding and may not be for everyone. Performance is measured against daily and weekly KPIs. Hours are generally longer than most other roles.

In summary, if you are looking for a fun workplace environment and are prepared to work long hours and hit targets consistently then Page is a great place to be.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, supportive colleagues
Cons
Long hours, demanding targets
Empresa com ambiente de meritocracia, pró mercado.
Worst company I have ever worked for. There is no work life balance, your success is measures by the amount of time you spend at your desk. Expectation is minimum 12 hours a day. The salary is below industry average.
Not good management. Very frustrating environment for those who work hard.
Pushing you up to your limit and dont recognize your effort.

Fun environment with full of good energy.
Pros
Two hours lunch break
Cons
Too much work, terrible compensation plan, crazy management, workings late hours without any extra payment
Good company, one family, one big team working hard and playing hard. Good values, recruitment, never give up, have fun
Calisma ortami cok guzel, yas ortalamasi dusuk ve herkesle iyi anlasiliyor genel olarak. Farkli departmanlar farkli yonetiliyor, bir standardi olsa daha iyi olurdu.
fun workplace
a lot of pressure

bad training program

bad management skills

very nice to meet new people and decision makers
Pros
meet new people every day
Cons
long hours of work
Michael Page offers you a perfect environment to become a great recruiter. In every step during your carreer you'll receive trainings. As an employee you'll feel valued and management is flexible and offers you any possibilities you're looking for (training and coaching, management positions and growth opportunities, international careers, pregnancy plans etc.) Bonuses or commissions might be lower compared to agencies that are not as established yet, but your benefits will make up for it. Clients and candidates respect you because those relations are very important to Michael Page. And they realize it's the fundation of a good recruitment agency. It is a company that has a certain authority and is well established in the market but is continuously improving to remain one of the key players in the industfy. If you are looking for a professional, encouraging, environment with lots of growth possibilities, good package and a great atmosphere, you should have applied by now. <3
Pros
continuous training, international opportunities, great work environment, professional company, good package, flexible towards employees
Cons
commissions are not great
Excellent company culture and corporate interaction.
Excellent team leadership and guidance.

Team work advocated & sharing of information, contacts, experience and knowledge.
Pros
support, organisation, market share & reputation, international resources.
Interacting with various stakeholders. Bringing the right people in contact with the right organisations. Great management and office environment. I enjoy interacting with many different people each day.
Pros
Office Culture
Cons
I worked for this monstrosity of an organisation for twelve weeks and they were the worst of my working life. You are sat at a computer and told to read from a script with very little coaching or direction. I was told one thing by my direct manager and then another by his manager. I was pressured into making vast amounts of calls and then quizzed in front of the office about what I'd achieved, which due to the substandard training I received was nothing. The people were generally friendly although there is a massive bragging culture and everyone thinks their better than everyone else. I felt like burden a when I asked for help and was made to work from 8:00 until 18:30 even though my contract was 9:00 until 17:00. I work longer hours now but through choice and because I need to, not because corporate strategy forces me to. I had several sit downs with directors where I was made to feel like the most incompetent useless worker ever hired by the company and I felt like i was constructively forced out of the company.

The pay was good and the bonus scheme never pays out.

Those who recruitment comes naturally to will have a great career and make loads of money, but those who need a bit of time and investment to learn and develop will be dumped into unemployment by or before the 12 week probation is over.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
Little training, poor coaching and development, mixed messages from managers, 'one up manship' culture, dump employees who sturggle into the abyss
Role involving sourcing finance and accounting professionals from newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA through to Finance Director roles, mainly within banking and financial services.

• Handling candidate recruitment, account and client development and client relationship management.

• Responsible for growth of client base within financial services sector and significant increase in revenue from sector well above set targets, achieved through new business development. 20% above annual revenue target.

• Assisting in setting up new team to increase contract recruitment revenue.

• Advising line/hiring managers on potential recruitment strategies.
Large company with opportunities to advance within the corporation.
Truly a "work hard, play hard" environment.
Meritorious culture.

Competitive.

Ample opportunity for growth.

Very high expectations.
Pros
Excellent perks and bonus structure. Great people, very supportive.
Cons
Long hours makes work/life balance challenging.