Michael Page Employee Reviews for Recruitment Consultant

Management à revoir
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bruxelles IxellesMarch 1, 2019
Etant un structure à croissance organique rapide au cours des dernières années, les managers de la société ne sont que peu compétents et profitent d'avoir été propulsés à ces positions grâce à la conjoncture actuelle du marché qui se porte très bien
Muito boa empresa para Networking
Recruitment Consultant - Finance & Tax Division (Former Employee) –  PernambucoNovember 30, 2018
Empresa com forte cultura empresarial.
Promove um ótimo ambiente de trabalho.
Ponto forte eh a promocao de networking
Foi gratificante trabalhar na Michael Page
Dyamic, fun & professional workplace
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Turkey Point, ONNovember 30, 2018
Michael Page was my first workplace. The work environment was very energetic and dynamic.
As it is a performance based company, multitasking is required.
Michael Page - Business Development
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
Michael Page is a great place to work. The hours are a bit long for those that haven't had to work hard before but pretty normal for those who have been serious about their career. "Normal Hours" are 8:00AM-6:00PM (Monday - Thursday)
8:00AM-5:00PM (Friday)

Every Monday our office gets breakfast provided and on Fridays we take the last hour to have a few beers or glasses of wine and chat with our colleagues (So really hours on Friday are like 8:00-4:00). And every quarter there is a QB (quarterly bash) where we take a half day and go have fun with some drinks on a boat or with some fun activities. It's a real "Work hard. Play hard" mentality.

The base pay is very competitive and it's not a draw. There is also excellent bonus potential every quarter (7%-12% of any billed revenue over $60k). And the medical benefits are great plus you get 20 PTO/Vacation days, 5 sick days, all bank holidays off (plus a 1/2 day the Friday before), and a shortened schedule during the Christmas season.

With that being said, it's no joke. It's a competitive, hard-working, stressful, relentlessly fast-paced environment. If you're new to sales (or working for that matter) it's going to really gear your mindset to be entrepreneurial but will also weed out those with a weak work-ethic fairly quickly. Goals are tough and getting there is a grind. It requires a lot of focus, persistence, and perseverance. There will be times when that week sucks and it's tough to get in there. And then there will be killer weeks in which you won't want to end. All-in-all, the time goes by quickly,
  more... the people interaction (internal/external) is great and always changing, and it's fun to get paid to talk.  less
Pros
Competitive, Compensation, Culture, Company, Industry, Growth/Development
Cons
Work/Life Balance (slightly), Typical Company Issues
Sales Environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Great pay but long hours and very demanding sales culture. You are required to sell the jobs to any qualified candidate regardless if they are a good fit or if it is what they are looking for.
February 26, 2018

At PageGroup, we take a consultative approach. A significant element of our job is to assist our candidates in reaching their fullest potentials, and this may come in the form of providing career advice as well as guiding them towards jobs they may not have originally envisioned for themselves. We are extremely transparent, and ultimately it is the candidate’s prerogative to communicate with us should they ever wish to steer the job search in a different direction. As we are in the business of establishing and maintaining long-term relationships, we strive to create a dynamic that keeps our candidates and clients coming back to work with us again. Hence, it’s crucial for us to secure our candidates with jobs that will further their careers, suit their skill sets and make them happy in their working environments. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.

Poor management and outdated metrics
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Benefits and PTO tend to very generous, but certainly expected to work a lot of hours to feel like you deserve it. If you do not see the results, expect a lot of scrutiny. If you do well, the leash is loosened. If you work 10+ hour days and don't bill, you are labelled as a non-intense lax worker. Culture is competitive and performance-based, and can be immature and petty. Senior Management will call you out, humiliate you, and use fear tactics to get you to perform. Managers are those promoted within based strictly on revenue targets, proving to be good at sales, but lacking in any unique management style and knowledge of employee motivation and morale. Trickled down fear tactics from senior management are the norm.

Some managers can be better, some people can be easier to get along with than others, if you perform and see results, there are plenty of incentives and generous bonuses and rewards.
January 18, 2018

PageGroup operates as a traditional sales organization, and as such, we find a performance-based culture to be effective in yielding the results we strive to attain. The job of a Recruitment Consultant is not for the faint of heart as we have high performance standards and there are consistently new challenges to be faced on a daily basis. With that being said, we have established an environment where our people are positioned to achieve success, and our management team works tirelessly to motivate, support and help each person maximize his or her potential. While our Managers certainly incorporate idiosyncratic leadership styles tailored to their teams, recruitment will always be a results-driven industry, and we never shy away from conveying this message. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.

Great place to work and grow
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Central Business DistrictJanuary 9, 2018
Michael Page is one of the best recruitment firms around, placing high quality, relationship management, and 360 degree sales cycles. Big presence in multiple countries, with leadership knowing how to treat and reward performing individuals, and help under-performers with patience and care.
Shady business practices, beware
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
After 4 days worth of interviews, I received a verbal offer as a recruitment consultant at Michael Page. At the time, I was also considering an offer from one of their top competitors. After encouraging me to refuse the competitors offer (which I did) I was informed that Michael Page was rescinding my original offer.

Shady business practices accompanied by poor communication and management by higher-ups.

DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!
November 30, 2017

It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our clients and candidates. We are very sorry to hear about this experience and for any miscommunication. We would appreciate if you could contact us directly to further discuss this matter and remedy the situation. Thank you, Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director

Stressful sales envirnment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2017
Good company for a stepping stone into better opportunities. Has a great training structure to help you grow within company, and other companies outside of Michael Page know this.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Extreamly stressful
Michael Page
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYMarch 2, 2017
Working for MP was a great first experience. It is the type of job where you need to go up and above consistently to receive fair compensation. It is a very competitive environment and if you're okay sacrificing a work-life balance then this job is for you. The people are so young and fun, but that is also where management suffers a bit.
Work hard play hard
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  BrusselsJanuary 5, 2017
Michael Page is a great company to work in if you are passionate about your work as the work life balance is not a moto there.
They push you hard to succeed and you learn a lot over the job and internal politics.
Fun environment with a strong work ethic
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonNovember 21, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Michael Page. It gave me the tools I needed to build my sales and customer service skills. I would recommend working at MP to anyone who wants to start their career in Recruitment.
Heavy micromanagement
Recruitment Consultant - Sales Division (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWJuly 12, 2016
Very KPI driven and highly micro managed. Do not look to slowly build consultants up and help them develop and grow professionally. Good group that work in the office and the culture is good.
Pros
Good culture and team
Cons
Long hours and highly KPI driven. No flexibility.
British culture
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
You only feel valued here if you are closing a lot of deals, and depending on how the market is depends on how well you are successful in this industry.
good experience to further sales career
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Good experience for a career in sales. Numbers driven to perform. Would recommend for anyone looking to get into recruiting.
fun workplace
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 6, 2015
great place to start career. very good training and work culture. very effective recruitment team with a very high scope for recognition. but no work life balance, and extremely high pressure job
Great training
Junior FMCG Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  SydneyJune 8, 2015
Fantastic training, great support throughout.

Fast moving career progression, with higher salary dependent on success.
high pressure and results driven
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  MongkokJune 8, 2015
Sales and business Development, client relationship management and manage the entire sales process.

learned how to manage and conduct consultative selling to really understand clients and candidates needs. manage expectations and provide accurate market information. develop the skill sets in dealing with HR, C levels and senior management clients across banking, finance, education, publishing and financial service industries.
Pros
good training and efficient
Cons
job nature is very robotic
Busy, high expectation on KPI
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  C30May 7, 2015
My work starts from 8:30am to 7pm. I have to work non-stop throughout the 10.5 work hours even during the 1-hour lunchtime. For every event I have done I must record it on the IT system which will contribute to my KPI and management will generate the report at least once a week to review my activity level and guide you to the correct direction or manage you.

The best part of the job is you are not expected to work overtime and you can truly enjoy your holidays.
Pros
No working overtime
Cons
Long hours and unclear bonus award system
Fun Workplace, Good Training
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Supportive Management. Work Hard & Play Hard environment. Good company to learn the recruiting industry and grow in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.