National Aviation Services Employee Reviews

Good job and get experience
Rampa gents , load controller AGENT, duty manager (Former Employee) –  Station duty managerSeptember 12, 2019
At this company first when I get a job it's was a ramp agents. And after that I was a upgraded to load controller AGENT, and then to the station duty manager, I rely enjoyably to working with these company and our colleague
Hard work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHSeptember 7, 2019
Its hard work on 3rd shift...but if that doesnt bother you then its fine. You gota be good at cleaning and detail. New Manager is pretty cool and turned the place around so everyone has better pay, hours and attitude now.
Pros
Management and team
Cons
Third shift. Sometime have to clean building too
Toxic Environment
Interior Aircraft Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2019
I worked at this company for 1 year and 5 months and I feel like 10 years has been shaved off my life. The management is horrendous and do not do their job adequately. I was physically threatened, I was harassed by and I was stalked in the employee parking lot by employees for several months. Despite this, I showed up to work on time, rarely called in and barely took time off even when I needed too because I like to withhold a sense of professionalism even when a majority cannot. The Manager did very little to actually curb the problems I, and others, were experiencing! The only things the Manager of this station does is leave early every night though says she works the full shift and is never there Fri-Sun. The most work that she does is protecting favored employees whom are intoxicated while at work, employees that need to spend a night or two in jail because of probation violations with pre-dated time off requests and trying to convince people she is proactively trying to better our environment. Supervisors at this station have been known to throw items into cleaned areas and then write up teams for missing things in the areas, provisional workers have witnessed countless times of this occurrence. The culture was so toxic employees were ready to beat each other down over the smallest things like supplies, carts, equipment that actually functioned and specific areas to clean. This station also has a huge mouse problem and we use contaminated supplies for the cleaning. Write ups are threatened against workers every day, management likes to remind you that you are nothing and  more... will be discarded at their earliest convenience. Personal relationship literally make up the whole energy of the atmosphere and other unrelated workers must cater to these specific chosen or blood related people.
Besides all this, the actually work itself was easy yet I really enjoyed what I did. This is the prime example of how poor management can make a job impossible to continue, no matter how well you perform or keep out of the nightly drama.
Energizing Work Environment
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2019
This job kept me on my toes and involved a good bit of moving, but it was a nice change from the restaurant industry. There is just something exciting about being around airplanes. It can be stressful at times, but the company has a pretty good culture. Sad to leave, but my husband got a new job and we are relocating.
Xx
Interior craft cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2019
I liked working for NAS. The job was laid back and helped me keep busy. I like how the airport is really secure so I always felt safe at work. Even past TSA, when I’d be working on the planes I felt safe.
Poor management
Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2019
Loved my job but they don't really teach you the right skills needed to be a Supervisor, poor management, poor timing, poor work ethic, no real benefits even when working at the airport, over worked

Hello,

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with the company! I would love to hear more about your experience in order to improve in the future. Are you available to set up a call sometime soon to further discuss?

Human Resources Admin

National Aviation terrible place to work
Professional Plane cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2019
This job is extremely unprofessional, incorrectly run, and offers money based on favoritism or reliability. I had to get food from a pantry because of the lack in hours only to find out my manager was in truthful and purposely neglecting me hours.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
Hours aren't guaranteed, Management is lacking, not a good source for full time income, Extremely unprofessional

Human Resources Admin

We would have nacho's with team meeting on how to get the job done!
supervisor Interior aircraft (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2019
I worked in my 1st position as the cleaner and its was very fast past so you had to like this job. we had three air craft to complete before 3am. With 6 people for the crew and then that grew and I was promoted to the supervisor. Typical night was more hours now and more air craft with more employees. Schedule for 14-16, payroll, time off, ordering product and many more duty that fall under TSA and southwest crew along with many inspectors and passing the audits every night on each air craft. Like I mention you had to like the challenge and the job or it would show in your workers and records that are reported to all of SWA and others. 10pm -7pm
Great experience.
Pros
No pro here, was hard labor every night with no flight benefits. Work!
Cons
The unknown and employee not showing up for the shift
working without instructions is difficult
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2019
I need a job with much more experience gives me the ability to learn new ideas, therefore, is my pleasure to have moved on to meets with my new dreams
Pros
insurance
Cons
no break
Satisfying and fun work
Exterior Aircraft Detail (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2019
My only issue with this company would be the management. They get defensive when something is pointed out that they are lacking at, their observation skills and use of time is very poor. They dont take criticism well at all, and dont like to take suggestions into consideration.
The hrs also arent the greatest as vegas weather tends to fluctuate wildly, and I miss alot of hours. So it's not a good reliable source of income. Other than that, I love my job.
August 13, 2019

Hello,

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with the management in LAS. I would love to hear more about your experience in order to improve in the future. Are you available to set up a call sometime soon to further discuss?

Human Resources Admin

Dont apprecaite hard workers.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2019
Waste of time seeking employment, doesn't pay well and alot of favouritism when it comes down to ethnics and who your friend is. Overall bad leadership and no team work.

Interior Cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2019
This company has a big turn around of employees, so that should tell you everything. Poor management. You have to pay for your stuff, shirt, badge and bag to carry your cleaning supplies.
Pros
Very fast paced, your day goes by quickly.
Cons
Be prepared to pay for your shirt and airport badge. Poor management, it took a few days to get a schedule. You have to work every Saturday and Sunday.

Human Resources Admin

Good money, good start but maybe not such a great place to work.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2019
I liked the job, at first. But it didn’t take long, before they began to slack in certain areas. One of the managers never answered the phone or text messages or anything like that. So you can imagine frustration when something important is going on, and there’s no manager, and you try to call one or text someone to inform them and ask them for assistance, and you can not get ahold of one. I’ve never experienced that, McDonalds was a lot more professional.
Pros
Good money.
Cons
Short of staff. Mediocre management.

August 13, 2019

Very poor management
Interior Aircraft Cleaner/Searcher (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTMarch 9, 2019
If your are family or friends of the boss you should be ok. People who actually work their best are underappreciated. Managers are not trained properly.

Human Resources Admin

Sometime they would throw a party
Exterior Aircraft Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Nothing too say , the hardest part of the job is mostly working the blue , or bottom part of the plane. The white or the top part is the most easiest part.
Need More structure and moralistic culture
HR Administrator Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJanuary 29, 2019
It needs to define and practice the environment within the company in which employees work. Company culture includes a variety of elements, including work environment, company mission, value, ethics, expectations, and goals which this company talks about but does not practice.
No accountability or too much of micro managing
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2019
Wasn't a comfortable work environment. Everyone tried to play boss instead of doing their job. Constantly being watched and always judged on how you did your job
Cons
Uncomfortable

Great people in office
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2018
It was a great place to work. Love working around the aircraft. Had to relocate to a city that they were not at. Miss working there. Will stay in touch with my Manager.
Pros
culture visits
Cons
overnight work

Hello,

I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience with NAS!

good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
quick paced. overall good company. Overnight hours. Cleaning interior of airplanes. Holidays and weekends a must. Pay could be more for type of hardwork
Pros
plenty of work hours
Cons
overnights
Good company
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2018
I love working with the team but the company's culture needs a reform. The management lacks control on how to select the right team leader to complete the job and there was a corruption between leaders in taking advantage of other employees that are fit to do the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low paid and no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Aviation Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7