National Aviation Services Management reviews

Summary
Station manager (Former Employee) –  TusNovember 17, 2019
It was a great job to have. It worked very well with my schedule and family neeeds, the people were friendly and very helpful. Communication with management was on par.
great airport job
Aircraft Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2019
This position opens up a whole new job environment working at the airport. I like being on the airplanes and around the airport. The pay is the same as other starting airline jobs. 3rd shift hours but worked for me. You're rewarded for doing your job well. An employee got $50 for finding a security search test item. Food is brought in occasionally. You can listen to your music in one ear while you clean the airplanes which makes work more enjoyable. Management is supportive but expects you to do your job. You have a schedule but can trade with coworkers which helps if you need a specific day off.
Never come back here...
National Aviation services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2019
Terrible place to work.. poor management and unrespectable ...
Don't waste your time here.
................
The manager screaming a couple times ... looking you like " I hate u " ... all the time ....
..............
It was boring
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2019
Everyone tried to Micro manage and everyone was uncomfort. They also tried to throw a lot of work on you that didn't pertain to your schedule. Nobody ever did what they were supposed to when it came to their log sheet
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lack of supervision
Management is poor
Interior Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2019
Just terrible the management always chose sides and made the hard workers seem like the bad ppl just because we would talk out loud on what needed improvement
Hard work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHSeptember 7, 2019
Its hard work on 3rd shift...but if that doesnt bother you then its fine. You gota be good at cleaning and detail. New Manager is pretty cool and turned the place around so everyone has better pay, hours and attitude now.
Pros
Management and team
Cons
Third shift. Sometime have to clean building too
Toxic Environment
Interior Aircraft Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2019
I worked at this company for 1 year and 5 months and I feel like 10 years has been shaved off my life. The management is horrendous and do not do their job adequately. I was physically threatened, I was harassed by and I was stalked in the employee parking lot by employees for several months. Despite this, I showed up to work on time, rarely called in and barely took time off even when I needed too because I like to withhold a sense of professionalism even when a majority cannot. The Manager did very little to actually curb the problems I, and others, were experiencing! The only things the Manager of this station does is leave early every night though says she works the full shift and is never there Fri-Sun. The most work that she does is protecting favored employees whom are intoxicated while at work, employees that need to spend a night or two in jail because of probation violations with pre-dated time off requests and trying to convince people she is proactively trying to better our environment. Supervisors at this station have been known to throw items into cleaned areas and then write up teams for missing things in the areas, provisional workers have witnessed countless times of this occurrence. The culture was so toxic employees were ready to beat each other down over the smallest things like supplies, carts, equipment that actually functioned and specific areas to clean. This station also has a huge mouse problem and we use contaminated supplies for the cleaning. Write ups are threatened against workers every day, management likes to remind you that you are nothing and  more... will be discarded at their earliest convenience. Personal relationship literally make up the whole energy of the atmosphere and other unrelated workers must cater to these specific chosen or blood related people.
Besides all this, the actually work itself was easy yet I really enjoyed what I did. This is the prime example of how poor management can make a job impossible to continue, no matter how well you perform or keep out of the nightly drama.
Poor management
Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2019
Loved my job but they don't really teach you the right skills needed to be a Supervisor, poor management, poor timing, poor work ethic, no real benefits even when working at the airport, over worked

Hello,

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with the company! I would love to hear more about your experience in order to improve in the future. Are you available to set up a call sometime soon to further discuss?

Human Resources Admin

National Aviation terrible place to work
Professional Plane cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2019
This job is extremely unprofessional, incorrectly run, and offers money based on favoritism or reliability. I had to get food from a pantry because of the lack in hours only to find out my manager was in truthful and purposely neglecting me hours.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
Hours aren't guaranteed, Management is lacking, not a good source for full time income, Extremely unprofessional

Satisfying and fun work
Exterior Aircraft Detail (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2019
My only issue with this company would be the management. They get defensive when something is pointed out that they are lacking at, their observation skills and use of time is very poor. They dont take criticism well at all, and dont like to take suggestions into consideration.
The hrs also arent the greatest as vegas weather tends to fluctuate wildly, and I miss alot of hours. So it's not a good reliable source of income. Other than that, I love my job.

Hello,

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with the management in LAS. I would love to hear more about your experience in order to improve in the future. Are you available to set up a call sometime soon to further discuss?

Human Resources Admin

Dont apprecaite hard workers.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2019
Waste of time seeking employment, doesn't pay well and alot of favouritism when it comes down to ethnics and who your friend is. Overall bad leadership and no team work.

Interior Cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2019
This company has a big turn around of employees, so that should tell you everything. Poor management. You have to pay for your stuff, shirt, badge and bag to carry your cleaning supplies.
Pros
Very fast paced, your day goes by quickly.
Cons
Be prepared to pay for your shirt and airport badge. Poor management, it took a few days to get a schedule. You have to work every Saturday and Sunday.

Human Resources Admin

Good money, good start but maybe not such a great place to work.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2019
I liked the job, at first. But it didn’t take long, before they began to slack in certain areas. One of the managers never answered the phone or text messages or anything like that. So you can imagine frustration when something important is going on, and there’s no manager, and you try to call one or text someone to inform them and ask them for assistance, and you can not get ahold of one. I’ve never experienced that, McDonalds was a lot more professional.
Pros
Good money.
Cons
Short of staff. Mediocre management.

Good company
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2018
I love working with the team but the company's culture needs a reform. The management lacks control on how to select the right team leader to complete the job and there was a corruption between leaders in taking advantage of other employees that are fit to do the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low paid and no benefits
I am an equipment operator
Equipment Operator II (Current Employee) –  ENTEBBENovember 2, 2018
the typical day at work is the pick ours i have also learned how to behave and act professional, the management here is okay and the people or environment that i work with is that you find different kinds of people the hardest part is to over work and never paid your over time and the most enjoyable part is when am going off.
Treatment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2018
Okay, so, i worked with NAS almost 9 months, the managers was always with their mad faces, they thing they can treat us like animals just because they are seating on a chear ALL THE TIME! , they don’t train you, they put a co-worker to train you, and if you don’t do it good its ALL YOUR FAULT, they talk to you like if you are a dog, or minor than them, they don’t know how to treat you, and im serious, i was working there just because i needed the job, I didn’t care what the manager think about me at all, i was just doing my job, but they always want to make a trouble between the co-workers, they did to me, in my opinion, I don’t recommend this job, whoever is reading this, you can do all better than this, you don’t need people arrogant, selfish, THEY DON’T KNOW HOW TO TREAT THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE! You just wasting your time in there.

Worst job ever
Interior Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2018
Yeah, the money on denver was amazing, but wasn't worth thw high school like atmosphere. The manager had relationships with team leads, which would allow the leads to get away with anything they wanted. At least half of the people steal liquor from the airplanes, and be drunk on the job. The job itself is easy, but would have been easier if the equipment wasn't broken and managment would order supplies on time. Worst place I've ever worked for. No lunch, no breaks, you get yelled at for just about anything. And hours are not consistent, they purposely make sure you don't work 8 hours a night or have 40 hours a week. HORRIBLE COMPANY
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
Management is absolutely insane
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kansas CitySeptember 23, 2018
I worked at the KC location for two days, it’s all I could handle. The manager would dissappear for HOURS without a word yet threatened to fire me for conversing with employees while cleaning. No Holiday Pay. No paid time off until a year. No benefits. This place was an absolute joke as I was very excited to be around aviation and start my career. It’d be a lot easier for this place to keep people if the management wasn’t a joke and they offered some benefits and holiday pay. Do not be tricked into working here until they fix their problems.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, Pay sucks, No benefits
Very unprofessional
Aircraft Interior Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Most of the staff was very unprofessional. Management was lazy and uncoordinated. The schedule would change depending on the favored employees feelings. Everyone pretty much had a bad attitude all the way around.
Worst job experience I’ve had.
Overnight aircraft interior cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2018
Management is something else let me tell you. They don’t care about giving breaks or the fact that half there equipment is being held up by duct tape. They’ll schedule you a 7hr shift, making sure to not give you that extra hour so they don’t have to give you a lunch. And you’ll work 35hrs a week tops. I felt employees needed to stand together for a raise, but unfortunately my co workers at the time were immigrant Micronesians. PLEASE RECONSIDER ANY POSITION HERE. you have more to offer and can learn no value here. My time here personally I questioned my worth and was very confused on why i even took the job.
Pros
Constant work.
Cons
Under paid, no lunches/breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Aviation Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7