New Market Employee Reviews

Good people
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New Market, VASeptember 30, 2019
There's really nice and supporting people there. I learned more about fast food and customers. I would like to learn more. It can be stressful when we get a rush but you just got to breathe.
management easy to work for, and understanding people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INSeptember 10, 2019
It's not a bad place to work, I enjoy customers, and running a cash register,most of the employees are very nice and management easy to work for, the worst part of the job is is having to wait on the next shift to arrive to replace you, they can be up to an hour late, and no reprimand, I shouldn't be responsible to wait on someone who's late all the time,
you don't feel appreciated for your promptness and never calling off, no raises, cheap wages,
Pros
can usually get off work when needed for Dr appt or what ever
Cons
no raises, little pay
ok place to work.
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  North Webster, INSeptember 6, 2019
its a great place to work if you have no other options. if your in hard ship or out of jail they will work with you. if you have no job this job is better then none.
helping people
Paper Runner (Former Employee) –  New ZealandAugust 3, 2019
when i get home i have nothing to do so i thought our afternoon job will be good for me to get to know the placeand it is helpful for the community and doing things which I have never done before so
Small town grocery store
MEAT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, INMay 30, 2019
Good place to start a retail career. Very easy work and very flexible with scheduling. very slow in the winter but fast paced in the summer. Laid back work environment.
Pros
flexible hours, easy to move up
Cons
only pays half of insurance
Not a bad place to work
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INFebruary 20, 2019
I learned a lot of valuable things from my employment, I just had no room for advancement and had lost our benefits. I did enjoy my job and made several friends along the way, I just wanted to advance and did not have the opportunity.
Pros
Loved the customers and co-workers
Cons
No benefits, pay is not good
full of fun and team spirit
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 23, 2018
Good management with great team work and equality among all class of workers. the salaries are OK for a start. a very good environment for advancement. good working environment.
This is not a very good place to work, the management does not do a good job.
Bagger and Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Webster, INSeptember 12, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anyone to work because the workers are mean and talk about you behind you back. The place is dirty and could be cleaned better. Management does not take care of issues the way they should.
Pros
flexible hours, overtime is optional
Cons
if you take one overtime shift they will call you in for every sing shift that needs to be covered, pay is bad, people talk behind your back
Smal town small store fun to work at everyone got along
Receiving/Stocker/Meat/produce/ScanCoordinator. (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INSeptember 4, 2018
Enjoyed working at New Market enjoyed all the customers enjoyed giving good customer service enjoyed management team and other employees. Small town very nice customers nice place to shop.
Pros
All around nice place to work
Cons
Breaks and lunches
New market
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Webster, INJuly 27, 2018
Decent store to work in. Managers are accommodating. Hard to get fired from unless you don’t come to work.
Scheduling is flexible, they aren’t to picky about breaks.
Provide you with a uniform. Hat and shirt.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No room for advancement
Nice place to work but sometimes hectic
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, INMay 6, 2018
Not everyone is built to handle some of the stressful situations being in customer service demands. It's easy to lose your temper sometimes. Dealing with employees can be hectic often.
A Clean, Well Lighted Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Market, VAApril 30, 2018
Working at New Market was pretty standard. I got to meet new people, and I got to work a lot, but it was pretty standard. I like the fact that I was treated nicely. It was a good job.
Pros
I got to meet people.
Cons
Nothing, really.
Productive and Memory
Casher (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INFebruary 12, 2018
I would scan items for customers as well as cash them out through card, cash, or check. I would stock new items on the shelves through out the store. I would also take garage and take it out.
fun laid back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day at New Market would consist of helping customers, answer questions and concerns, and finding a way to keep/ make the customer happy. Answer phone calls, make transactions and condition isles.
Productive and outgoing
their sales person (Former Employee) –  AucklandNovember 26, 2017
I am a very motivated student who loves to learn about all kind of industries. I am very curious and understand what the customers are looking for. I learn fast as i love to learn.
a high school job
Meat dpt. (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INNovember 12, 2017
i worked this job right out of high school for a bit and it was okay.. it was just a part time job before i went to college. nothing to exciting really going on there.
New Market
Assistant Manager/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Webster, INJune 29, 2017
A typical day at work changes for me from day to day because i do whatever is needed of me. One day i could be stocking shelves and the next day i could be counting cashier drawers. This was my first job and as of right now the only job I've had and this is where I have learned everything i know when it comes to customer service and management skills. I would say the hardest part of my job is just the fact that they throw me all over the place. Sometimes i work night shift and then the following day they will have me for a morning shift. The best part of my job is all the people and friends I've made. It's also very nice that we get paid every week as opposed to bi-weekly.
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule, paid weekly
Cons
no appreciation, not much training, hard to get full time
Fast paced.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Market, AucklandMay 8, 2017
Everyday started the same,
Quite and slow customer wise, but as the day progressed so did the amount of foot traffic that came in. New market had a very wide range of businesses in the area, which intel meant we got many different customers.
Pros
Amazing Product
Cons
You would spend your pay on product in your store.
Wonderful Position
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 28, 2017
New Market was a wonderful place to work. My co-workers and manager were great. It was a neighborhood store, so I got to know my customers very well. That's part of what made it so wonderful. Customer service was a high priority. I worked mainly in the office which could be very busy at times. Check cashing, lottery, and money orders were frequent. The con of the position was that it was part-time with no benefits. The saddest time was when our store closed.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work. Great customers and co-workers.
Cons
Part-time and no benefits.
construction trades teacher
Youth Build Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAFebruary 23, 2017
Take attendance for 30+ High School students, collect and grade homework, deliver lessons and instructions, supervise individual projects while teaching intricacies of construction not covered in standard lessons. Counselling students on interpersonal and career goals. Preparing and administering testing based on lessons.