PCL Construction

PCL Construction Employee Reviews

A lack of management, Great Safety Program

Poor on boarding for new hires and poor training methods. A lot of managers that does not know how to deal with people. Old school culture, work life balance doesn't exist. Great safety program.

Fun workplace

The people I work with are very professional and courteous. We are like family. Every one helps each other when they need help. I would recommend this job to everyone.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

good place to work

Good guys to work with. Had fun on this job. Would return if they would take me back. Fair pay good shifts. Bathrooms were always clean and stocked with 3 ply.

May 20, 2022
Glad to hear you had a great team for this project. Nice bathrooms are the cherry on top!

Great place & Great Environment

If you're in the Multimedia field, I highly recommend applying here. The team and management were friendly and approachable if you had any issues or questions.Work/life balance is excellent, and my manager was continuously checking in with me to see how I was doing or what would be my goals for the future.The only downside was being promised an FT position after graduating but being told it is non available at the moment.

Pros

Company gym, Company lunches/ food trucks, Great coffee, They train you on things you want to learn, Not an stressful environment

Cons

Being promised a FT position then not being able to get it

May 20, 2022
Thanks for your review. I'd highly recommend signing up for the Talent Community on PCL.Com/careers. We have a variety of opportunities available! Make sure to keep in contact with your previous manager and HRPD team.

Nice

It has been good, a lot of good experiences have learned a lot but also have worked here for a long time and need something different and more reliable

Pros

Experience

Cons

No benefits

Pro work place

Work life balance is something that matters to workers. Workers want four ten hour shifts. They don’t want five 8 hour shift. I don’t know if you have any questions or anything else you need me to do with.

May 13, 2022
We appreciate your feedback. Each position, project and person have unique surrounding factors that we need to balance to meet the needs of our clients. Operations vary and if you're looking for more balance, speak to your supervisor to see what flexible options exist based on your situation

Great place to work, if you don't have experience they are willing to show you how to do your tasks, and if needed will train you.

A great place to start a career in the construction industry. There are many avenues for advancement to take if you prove you're willing to work for those advancements

May 13, 2022
PCL is dedicated to the growth and development of entry-level employees. You are the future of our industry and we are here to support your journey! Thanks for your contributions to building better communities.

Not a bad place

The company was put together well and they had a lot of tools that you could use to do the job. Overall it was easy to fit in. They paid for all my travel as well

Pros

Good pay

May 13, 2022
Thanks for your review! If there was anything we could have done to make your experience even better, let us know!

Safety culture and family oriented

PCL really strives to make you feel at home, a lot of the professionals at LAFC were new to the company, PCL planned a trip for us to San Diego to get to know each other and it worked we were more comfortable working together more open towards each other and strengthening the bond making our team chain the strongest with no weak links

Pros

Positive vibes, good people, understanding and reliable

Cons

Understaffed

Just a number

PCL acts like they care about their employees safety and puts on a show that everyone at PCL is part of a team. PCL is cheap. You as an employee are completely disposable and they expect you to be a robot, which is a moving target… Everyone on this planet is human. They are an average company to work for as long as you are doing your job correctly, the second you are even involved in a mistake or incident. Your job is threatened and you are either drug tested or some stupid disciplinary action. Haha life is too short to be treated like dirt. All of the paperwork they make you fill out is just so they can save themselves in court. It’s really not for your safety at all.

Pros

P.C.L normally has lots of entertaining porta-potty graffiti

Cons

No compassion, not understanding, extremely frugal.

April 6, 2022
Safety is at the core of PCL. We are committed to providing employees with equipment, training, and best practices to make sure everyone can go home safely at the end of the day.

Fast-Paced, Collaborative Environment. Lots to Learn

Gives you meaningful experience into thee realm of project management and coordination. Gets you right into the action without a long training period.

March 29, 2022
We are happy to hear your student term was filled with opportunities to develop and grow. PCL is invested in cultivating its next generation of leaders, which could include you! Make sure to check our careers site for future opportunities.

Good people and respect

.the first thing to make sure you arrive early to be able to have the order of the day. after being clear about the work that needs to be done. go to the place where you can pick up the tools and start doing the tasks as a team

March 21, 2022
We appreciate your specific feedback for success. Teamwork is at the center of all of our projects to be able to build better futures, together.

Their safety record

Great opportunity to work for them , they offer safety incentives on most jobs ,per diem on most job sites, furnish hard hats , safety glasses, hand protection , cooling liquids , fair wages

Pros

Safety incentives, supervision training etc

Cons

Some over zealous supervisor

Extremely positive experience so far. PCL values its employees and you can notice it even after only a few months working for the company.

Professional and friendly work environment, approachable leaders and top management who encourage you to work hard by appreciating what you do and by giving you the tools you need to succeed.Everyone is working together to bolster our company's success, and you can see that the team is passionate about this opportunity.The leadership is doing a great job leading by example and continuing to bring in great employees. They value integrity and they follow high standards of business ethics.Great company structure, procedures, and great communication between departments.People are nice and friendly, always ready to help.

Pros

Great benefits, Great technology, Opportunity to grow and to plan your career development, Great location (Alexis Nihon Shopping center), Integrity, Transparency, Respect, Diversity and inclusion activities.

Cons

None so far

March 21, 2022
Thank you so much for your review! PCL's purpose is to build people, communities, and legacies. It sounds like Montreal has a workplace culture that contributes to building and cultivating all 3 of our purpose pillars.

Zero Advancement

Nepotism is this company's middle name. They would treat field workings like dogs and discipline you for being a minute late from break. The only decent thing about working for them is the above average salary.

March 24, 2022
We will pass on your feedback to the leadership team. If you’d like to provide more details regarding your experience please reach out to indeed@pcl.com.

Nothing like a paycheck.

Not a bad job to be in because they keep you busy as much as they can. Hours are good. Pay is questionable. Nothing like having someone thats getting payed way more than you to not know what there doing and have them as helpers.

I was an engineering student, it was a great first intro to the industry, management and HR was friendly and supportive. Pay is a little low.

Staff was friendly, good opportunity to work - everyone around you works hard and is motivating. If you know your stuff and put in the work you can definitely succeed. They prefer hiring new grads who interned at PCL as well so i you want to stay at the company it seems like it will be a good experience. Pay was somewhat lower than I would expect but from what people say - the benefits and profit sharing is good in the long term.

Pros

Supportive management, good exposure to the industry, lots of opportunity to learn and do things

Cons

Sometimes hours might get long, okay ish pay

March 3, 2022
You have highlighted some great perks about working at PCL. Our high-performance culture is fueled by our employee ownership model. Our total rewards approach to compensation levels is aligned with industry rates in your region. Our students are the future of our industry, and we are just as invested in what's ahead for you as we are in what's ahead for our company.

Pcl

High volume, fast-paced environment. Large crew. Many departments. Central to the city. Well maintained property. Corporate environment. Employee events happen often.

March 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! PCL has 1000+ active projects, which can be challenging, but also very rewarding. In our culture of ownership, accomplishments are shared by all of our hard-working teams.

Good company to work for.

I worked on one project for PCL for about 1.5 years. It was a temporary position until the end of the job. Even though I was a temporary employee, I was treated like one of the crew. Great people to work with. Supervisors on-site were all absolutely amazing

Pros

Great people and really good work atmosphere.

Cons

Temporary job

PCL is not a company where ideas can nurture, not a company for the young generation

As a result of the Share options, the company lacks the vision of growth and ignores the changes happening in the construction industry today. The majority of staff lives in the late 1900's early 2000's model of project execution and delivery, and are unwilling to change since they hold positions of importance.

Pros

PCL's name

Cons

Too much office politics, unconnected teams, caring for profits, and not quality

April 11, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Our employee ownership mindset drives us all to look ahead for the future of our company, clients, projects and partners. Ownership is more than sharing in the profits. It means sharing a responsibility to be our best every day. If you have any suggestions on process improvement please talk to your supervisor or use our employee surveys to provide feedback.

Overall a good place to work

unless you’re really good at your job or in good with some of the mid management you’ll probably find yourself getting laid off quite often between jobs

January 26, 2022
We appreciate your review. We are concerned with your feedback, as it is not in alignment with PCL's commitment to ethical practices. If you're comfortable sharing more details with us, please reach out to indeed@pcl.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCL Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • PCL Construction
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?