PCL Energy Inc

PCL Energy Inc Employee Reviews

good place for work. good management

safety first is the culture at that company. I liked work there and the management is very competent and reliable. Any concerns are took in considerations

Awesome co-workers. Decent wage

Very large company but didn't feel like just a number. Co-workers were awesome and knowledgeable. Enjoyed my time there. Tos were always available. Management always pushed for more production even when material wasn't available. Wage was good and benefits were also decent. Would work for them again.

Pros

Decent pay Good co-workers

Cons

Management is very "clicky"

I enjoyed working for PCL at the Alpine Site

I really enjoyed working at the Alpine site managment was great and my fellow workers were also great, I left for a maintenance job up north, But if I'm looking for work in the future I would be most certain to give PCL a call.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Very productive but people come last

Recruiter falsely advertised that the job was 2-3 years when they only needed workers for 2 months. Doesn’t feel very honest from the start. They practice lay offs as a strategic tactic. They lack discipline at following their own safety and policies.

Pros

Free water

Cons

No one wearing masks

Management is excessively condescending and show poor leadership

One of the most poorly managed companies I have worked for. In field employees are treated as an inconvenient necessity and not as the people that keep the company viable. Quality workmanship is not only discouraged but is frowned upon. Work flow is something that does not seem to be part of the company. Continued employment is something that is only provided for the select few. In most cases work mates are good to work with however share a common concern about working conditions. As long as Government Policies continue to discourage development of projects and the numbers of workers out way the demand for them companies like PCL will continue to operate in such an oppressive manor.

Pros

Reasonable rates

Cons

No planning, X type management

Interesting and fun at work

I like this company, one of the best compant I been worked for, very professional management, and excellent behaviour of supervisors are good coordination to each co workers , appropriate salary and benifits given,

Productive and very nice environment

It was all in all very good except one of two in the supervision seems to be lil arrogant. They just wanna try to intervene too much into something that has nothing to do with them.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Some Idiots in in the supervision

productive and fun to work there

it was best job i ever had. i recommend other people work there. PCL take care of their employees good. some time there is little pressure but it is better than other places.

It is very good place to work with PCL

Been there for 1 month shut down job They look after them supporting and encouraging them to thrive. The working hours are flexible allowing you to take care of your family. balancing work-life / personal-life.It is a great place to work.

Worst company going.

They had a hire and fire mentality. The management team was terrible and unorganized. The jobs were always a mess and never completed ontime. The front line leadership wasn't trained or qualified. This is possibly the worst company anyone could work for. They would bring in new hires by the bus loads and new fired meeting them at the gate. There is no job security and the pay was terrible. Stay away from this company if you can.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PCL Energy Inc?

Interesting work

Received work scope and completed work as required. Very safety oriented. Attended morning safety meeting. Work was interesting constant changing and very rewarding.

Large money hungry yes man company.

In PCL culture you are a number only. They employ supervisors and managers that put money and company first. They undercut other companies by being the lowest paid contractors on sites. They value a simple heart beat over experience, ability and respect. Not a company who values their employees because however bad they treat them there will be another line of people in the unemployment line they can go through. I wouldn't recommend ever working for this company.

Pros

Lots of safety gear

Cons

Everything else

Productivity,safety

It’s nice. Most of my co-workers are good and they give me support and assist in this kind of job..We are working always safety and doing well. And we always follow the safety rules.

Pros

In camp

Cons

Just 10 hrs. A day

Very good in work safety,team environment and Management

I would like work with PCL always .there’s all kinds of safety,good management,very good team members.Good/great planning and office staff.planning on work and requirements of materials/equipments.

Productive and fun place

Good management staffGood safety policy Superintendent and forman good knowledgeable Good working place environment Good pay and benefits I like work with pclenergy

Great group of people to work with

Not enough work for the amount of people they hired and laid off. They were also always switching the crews around so couldn’t build chemistry with your fellow workers

Pros

Good personal on the job site

Cons

two many lay offs

It was a great group of people to work with..

As far as working with other people, PCL is great. They could pay a little better, but mostly I would say that is because they arent certified by any trade unions. They deal through CLAC., which is a labor association, so management plays a much bigger role in the welfare of their workers. I think this agreement works pretty good for PCL.

Pros

Great work atmosphere

Cons

Job security

Loved working for PCL Energy, people were awesome, management was great, 10/10 would work for PCL Energy inc. anytime

Pros

Perks

A decent place to work. Stress related to the CV 19 thing going on.

The work scope was decent, some crews where very organized and capable. Others not so much. Language was a large barrier. Many different languages where spoken on site. Which in my mind was wrong. Miscommunication and misdirected information due to the lack of understanding. On a construction site on western Canada the predominant language is English. Some foreman where better than others in terms of fairness and delegating work scopes. Management from contractors to clients should not be having relations. It is a professional working environment. Not a dating site. The judgement and responsibility becomes clouded. All in all I had a decent time there. Would I work for PCL Energy again? Absolutely, I valued senior managements belief system and structure. The amount of safety that the management team tried to put forward during this difficult pandemic was excellent. Lower management perhaps needs a bit of an adjustment.

Pros

Tooling, equipment, safety gear, Ppe

Cons

Lower management

Terrible management of project

Job planning and management was poorly handled on this specific project. They seemed out of their element. Decent pay though which kept me from moving on

Safe worksite

It’s a great company with competative wages and amazing benefits for the family. They have Safety procedures always. Very multicultural. Training is available .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCL Energy Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits