Refinitiv

Refinitiv Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Good place to work. Take care of employees nicely. Medical and Dental plan is bit high. Very good 401K plan. Growth opportunities. Work from home option
A Ruthless Company focused on the bottom line only - I.T Dept
They pay well but the turnover is astronomical. They work people to death
and you get burned out and then get fired for small mistakes. Most last 3 years or less which makes for Chaos as I.T. is a knowledge based profession,. You are nothing more than cattle to them to be used for every last drop of sweat and then discarded for the next batch of victims. This place should be your last resort from unemployment,
Productive and Fun work place
most friendly environment, learned to be a good team player, more confident, each day is a learning day, gained a lot of knowledge on how to handle complicated things.
Fun workplace
the company is generous, the workplace culture is good and i love the work life balance
hardest part is when during peak season when workload is heavy
Undergoing Change
Lots of change currently as a result of the recent Blackstone acquisition of Thomson Reuters Financial and Risk business. Opportunities exist in areas where the company is investing.
Decent Salary
A Decent Salary, hectic expectations, typical day is quite boring and monotonous, did not learn a lot, was easy money to make, management not the best.
Pros
Parking
Productive and fun workplace
Great colleagues, wonderful support system. Your never on your own, there always help when you need it.

Working with other teams its just as easy, flat hierarchy.
Not great after Financial and Risk department moved under new management
Refinitiv is a new company (former Thomson Reuters) that was found in 2018 after Financial and Risk department of Thomson Reuters was transferred under Blackstone management
Great Place to work prior to acquisition
Great Place to work prior to acquisition by Refinitiv. When In philladelphia we had the perks of a fun work environment with activities such as Lunch time Yoga, but once we moved to media and where acquired by Blackstone the moral took a major downturn
No Job Security
Long days, no accountability, lack of integrity by management. Can best be described as cronyism style of management. Unfortunately, It's who you know not what you know that lets you advance here.
Pros
Cons
unqualified, overpaid people still working there
okay place to work
typical 9-5 office job which is what you would expect for such a large company such as refinitiv, but as they are so large, small sites seem to get neglected often
Sinking Ship
Thomson Reuters was a fun place to work although the salaries are low. The new company, Refinitiv, owned by Blackstone, has terrible management and more than half of the people want to leave immediately.
Pros
free parking
Cons
low pay, slave-driving managers and an environment of fear and uncertainty about the future
Excellent place to work
You are taken care of as an Employee, and the work life balance is great. They are quite flexible on work hours and it is specific to your team and the work habits you all have. It is super collaborative and so much opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
Flexibility, collaborative
Cons
Limited advancement, changing job titles
Work place currently undergoing a reorganization
The company is currently going through a tough reorganization after the acquisition but the leadership has done a great job keeping spirits up and making sure the company is still very effective at what they do.
Refinitiv
Currently closing offices. Work life balance is bad. Direct management is great. However, leadership is horrible and abusive. I would not recommend anyone joining this company.
Pros
Not mcuh
Cons
Offices are closing
A place to work
Refinitiv was a highlight of my career. I worked in Thomson Reuters the Chicago and New York office prior to the sale Financial and risk to Refinitiv. I never worked so hard but learned so much. I am grateful for the opportunities that were afforded to me during working for them.
Pros
Benefits, employee development, exciting products, customer focus, collaboration
Excellent work culture and environment
Fun work culture , great team work and group of people you can reply on .
I have worked here for last 16 years and learnt and grew with the company as a person and job experience in coaching staff , customer support and so much more .
Pros
shuttle bus
Nice people boring work
I recently started with Refinitiv. During my interview we talked about the exciting and interesting new work they were doing. This combined with a good benefits package was enough to seal the deal. But upon starting I discovered this exciting work was 2-3 years in the future and currently all work centered around legacy systems that we need to "keep the lights on". And all of these systems are at least a decade old if not older.
Pros
Nice People, Good Benefits, Relaxed working environment
Cons
Old Tech, Older Staffing
Technical and fun workplace
Technical and commercial role. The specific team I worked in had a great work culture, but could see issues with the wider group which was less than collaborative at times.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Hard to influence
Great place to work at
Professional with good work benefits. Work / Life balance. Well diverse culture. Clear strategy and understanding of long term and short term objectives
Lots of big ideas for the future
As a new company created from an old, established firm, Refinitiv has lots of big ideas about harnessing AI and bringing the technology revolution to financial information.

It remains to be see if the management will fulfil any of this company's early promises. Morale is low following several waves of redundancies and there doesn't seem to be much evidence of real change at lower levels of management.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Inflexible, hierarchical management culture.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Refinitiv. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9