Roche Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,903 reviews
Good
Market access manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, frJuly 13, 2019
Great company to work in.interesting products. Challenging markets. Multiple launches to coordinate. Great to stretch yourself and grow skills. Had an amazing experience
No professional learning development
IT Product Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 10, 2019
I am finally resigning from the company. My manager is giving no support at all to me (who just promoted as a new manager from being colleague) and I am really facing a hard time to focus she said. It’s so sad to share that one of my colleague who was working with me since 3 years at Roche Middle East has eventually hashtag#resigned. It was enough for her to tolerate her manager behavior who was getting on nerves. She has been an exceptional performer, achieved targets beyond imagination and what a great potential she has. They did not realize who they have lost in the team. Now they’ll cripple and miss her. Truly: nobody wants to leave the company but due to organization’s culture and management’s behavior they decide to leave for good. hashtag#resigned.
Cons
Politics, Lobby system
Best place to work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  UAEJuly 9, 2019
You get to travel. Great collegues, good managers, good environment to work in. Made lifetime friends. I had a good learning experience in Kuwait and I miss working with them. Exception manager who in better words a leader who pushes you to learn and grow and is very supportive.
Pros
Good benefits like schooling, dental, excellent insurance, good bonus.
Cons
Goede verloning ivm werkprestaties !
Field service engeneer (Former Employee) –  FSRJuly 7, 2019
Promoties waren niet altijd transparant en bij mijn weten , dikwijls op voorhand ingevuld !
Pros
Koffie, fruit, vele legale voordelen.
Cons
Wachtdienst 24/7, ook na 30 jaren dienst !
sicherer Arbeitsplatz
Assistante administrative (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSJuly 5, 2019
Den Kontakt zu den weltweiten Patentanwälte-Büros geschätzt.
Pros
Verpflegungsvergütung
Cons
keine
Leading big pharma
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 2, 2019
Great place to learn the ins and outs of a business. Great benefits and retirement options are available. It is a large company with many opportunities for networking.
Vielseitige Arbeitstellen
Laborantin (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSJuly 1, 2019
Ich hatte immer wieder die Möglichkeit neue Techniken und Anwendungen zu lernen und anschliessend zu optimieren.
Normalerweise ist die Arbeit selbständig zu planen und auch die Arbeit so einzuteilen dass alles so gut wie möglich immer einer vernünftigen Zeit in Absprache mit internen Kunden gemacht werden kann.
Pros
Kantinenverpflegung
Cons
Zum Teil Wochenenddienst
Interesting high quality immuno-oncology research
Senior Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 1, 2019
Excellent research opportunities in immuno-oncology especially immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry. Very good continuing education in a variety of disciplines.
Pros
Free lunches, interesting research
Cons
No opportunity for advancement. Poor retention of employees.
Business before employees
Manufacturing Process Specialist, Strip Packaging (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2019
Business objectives are not always clear or communicated. Job responsibilities are difficult to maintain when responsibilities change when there is a change in management.
Benefits
Cons
Short lunches. Poor management communication.
Strong pipeline, professional management
Medical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 23, 2019
Good balance between the meetings and regular work. Strong pipeline, friendly work environment, professional management. The most enjoyable part of work were meetings with KOLs and development of clinical trials.
It's okay
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2019
Not an exciting place to work. Could use a revamp of the leadership team. Very laid back. Hardest part of the job is coming onsite. Low pay scale.
Friendly atmosphere and colleagues who are eager to help
Intern in Meeting Services (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSJune 20, 2019
My experience as an intern was the best. My managers were guiding me whenever I had a question and my colleagues where always by my side to help me at work. Apart from the technical skills that I acquired, I found friends with who I still keep in touch.
sehr guter Arbeitgeber
Praktikantin (Former Employee) –  MannheimJune 19, 2019
Interessante Themengebiete und ein angenehmes Arbeitsklima
Angenehmer Arbeitsort
Betriebsarbeiter (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSJune 18, 2019
Hoffmann La Roche ist in meinen Augen ein ausgezeichneter Arbeitgeber war über 16 Jahre dort tätig und von A-Z sehr zufrieden, habe mein Wissen sehr ausgedehnt und immer ein Ohr offen für neue Anweisungen.
Am besten am Job hat mich die Verantwortung die ich tragen durfte und immer wieder Herausforderungen anzunehmen.
Pros
Gute Sozialleistungen
Cons
Keine
People culture is great
Scientist (HPV New Gen Project) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 17, 2019
Great company
Good benefits
Great people culture
Programs for employee encouragement and advancement
Encourages employee and employer interactions.
Offers educations seminars.
Produktiver Arbeitsbereich
Laborhelfer im Bereich Diagnostic Operations (Former Employee) –  PenzbergJune 17, 2019
Es ist wirklich angenehm dort zu abreiten. Alle Kollegen sind dort sehr sympatisch. Teamarbeit wird hier groß geschrieben.
Pros
Gleitzeit
Fabulous work environment
Kitchen Capitan/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAJune 15, 2019
Fun, friendly, upbeat and fast paced work environment. Encouraged to blossom and grow in your position. Leadership is strong and encourages team building and strength.
purchasing assistant
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 14, 2019
I worked as a purchasing assistant for 15 years at Hoffmann La Roche. I loved my job there. I was responsible for keeping raw materials available for the production of several different vitamins. I would create purchase orders, answer phones, file, fax, copy open mail, create monthly schedules for raw materials needed, place orders with vendors, create monthly reports and work closely with the Purchasing manager.
UK & Ire Diagnostics Division
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  IrelandJune 12, 2019
I've been working with the company for over 6 years and here are my thoughts on the company in it's current state:

Work life balance is very poor and you will be expected to work whatever hours are required to get the job done in entry level positions. I fully accept that this is the case periodically in most jobs but for the past two years I have finished work on time on less than 10 occasions. And, as a large number of teams are underresourced, the norm is for staff to work much more than their contracted number of hours per week without any chance of getting any time in lieu or paid overtime. This lack of necessary resources to manage the workload has been highlighted to senior management in the company but has been ignored (as it would affect profitability on which their bonuses are measured against). A team in one department in the local organization are expected to do approximately 3-4 times more work than the benchmarked average for their department with no plans to increase headcount or reduce workloads.

Field based staff get considerably less benefits than office based employees do and they are generally not considered as favourably as office based staff when it comes to filling internal vacancies.

The salarys paid in general are considerably less favourable than what our direct competitors pay their equivalent staff (between 10-20k pa less) with an inferior benefits package.

The senior leadership team decided to change the bonus structure this year which will result in my bonus being reduced significantly as a result (I consulted a solicitor about this
  more... and it constitutes a change in terms of employment without my consent which goes against local employment laws).

The support provided to field based employees by the office staff in Burgess Hill is very poor, and has not changed even though it has been highlighted to management multiple times through employee surveys.

The field based staff at entry level are generally very good at what they do but are hamstrung by a very poor
supporting management team.

There are little to no standardized procedures in place (outside of the mandatory HR policies) which leads to multiple mistakes being made and makes it very difficult for new personnel to learn how to do their jobs. Due to a high turnover of staff in certain areas of the business this makes life very difficult as people have to spend more time training new staff than should be necessary while having an increased workload to manage at the same time.

Politics plays a HUGE part in getting ahead in the organization. People are not rewarded for excelling in their roles but instead are rewarded for excelling at agreeing with the right people and making the right comments at meetings and events. I was once told by a hiring manager in the company that I am exactly the type of person they would love to have in their team and the skill set I possessed would be perfect for a role they had open but that I needed to have a higher profile within the organization if I wanted to be considered for a position in their team (and this is the norm within the company). Unfortunately visability matters more than ability when it comes to progressing up the ladder in Roche.

However, the company does a good job in supporting staff when it come to continuous personal development.
Pros
Support career development in relation to training courses
Cons
Long Hours, politics, poor management, bad pay, poor benefits, underresourced.
Excellent company to work for!!
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for Roche only four years because due to a merger with Genentech I was laid off back on 2010. During my years as an employee with Roche I enjoyed working for them and knowing long lasting colleagues. The company had good perks and provide opportunity for personal development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2