SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 2,528 reviews
Great Place to work
Production Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityMay 9, 2018
The day was always interesting and challenging. One always had to be a quick thinker and good at what you did. I would recommend this company to anyone. Great benefits.
Productive work place
Transportation Movement Control Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Kuwait and McLean VA.May 23, 2017
A typical day at work is moving the MRAP vehicle,

I learn about the military Vehicle that I moved from place on the camp.
The hardest part is walking in a 150 degree heat.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworker working as a team,
Pros
Good food at lunch
Cons
Breaks in between getting vehicles
Transportation
Transportation Movement (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 8, 2016
A day at work is hot and hard work walking in the heat to move vehicles around the compound and have laughter's with other employees. Learning the movement of transportation and how to enjoy working with people from all over the world.
Pros
Have lunch everyday with the same employees.
Cons
Breaks in between walking to get vehicles.
Job security, with outstanding benefits.
Movement Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 23, 2016
Would recommend the company, took care of the employees, great with interacting with the employees. Management, kept personnel informed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract work
Changed Workplace no more harmony
SAAS (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2015
The company is a good company but the people were not always the best to work with. The previous company was bought by SAIC and the management that took over made sure the staff felt like the domestic help. You could feel the tension between management and the staff.
Cons
Cars taken away
Facility Maintenance Engineer
Facility Maintenance Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 15, 2015
Top engineer team, I have more experience on how to maintaining the huge facility include control the standby generators by operating with ATS automatic control switch. Top management and great go-workers
Great PLace to work.
Supply Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 31, 2015
Fast paced and team work required in support of the soldiers fighting the war in Irag and Afghanistan. We worked 7 days a week 13 hours a day.
Professional organization
Logistics Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 20, 2014
Management lends itself to resolving issues, not just a quick fix. They hire good people and work to keep them.
Pros
Competive pay, great 401, nice medical
Challenging work experience
Property & Logistic Clerk (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 6, 2014
Daily responsibilities were challenging and gave each individual a sense of responsibility towards assigned duties
Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 5, 2014
Long days 6 days a week as a contractor in the middle east: did not follow all of the country"s labor laws
Management had their favorites and allowed family members to be directly in chain of command
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unfair
Smart, Dedicated, Highly Motivated and very competent People
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 8, 2013
Work on military vehicles, ordered and track down parts to help troops to do their jobs more effectively
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
slow promotion
Great company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 10, 2013
SAIC is a great company if you are a full time Employee. Due to being a contractor we only receive benifits while on contract. Security reasons prevent me from disclosing actual job functions. Below is the basic.
Manage staff performance in accordance with both the PWS and the QASP also direct interface with the COR. Responsible for the use and management of GFP. Lead responsibility for the management and reporting of carrier-owned (USC06) container detention and direct interface with military/technical monitors to ensure satisfactory performance. Work with military counterparts and report any additional work related requirements. Directly responsible for reporting and management of carrier container detention in theater. Works with military on new developments such as any new RFID requirements. Responsible for performance of all staff and will serve as senior representative of all SAIC staff (manager, supervisor, leader, and mentor). Act as an interface between Theater container users and managers and Global Container Management, SDDC, AIDPMO, Army G4, and other agencies, as required. Provide PWS recommendations, ECCP establishment or disestablishment recommendations, RSOI planning.
Pros
Housing, Transportation, perdeim
Cons
Weather
mission oriented
SAMS Operator/GS12-Equivalent (Current Employee) –  kuwaitOctober 5, 2013
expectations are very important in completing jobs
loyalty is an important asset
people are motivated
everyone wants to be professional
SAIC is in the top 3 of companies I had the opportunity to work.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 16, 2013
Great Company to work for, 13 hour days, good management team.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good pay
Good structure
MECHANIC TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  KUWAIT CITY, KUWAITAugust 7, 2013
I managed a team of lines Mechanics and Trainees. Ensured work is completed on time, safely and in good order. Assessed upcoming work load to ensure availability of staff. Liaising with the public & other interested or effected parties as required. I ensured safe-working practices.
Fast Paced
Storage/Property Clerk (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJune 17, 2013
A typical day involves entering data into the computer to locate equipment on the shelves, or to place equipment into inventory. I also manage a spreadsheet to keep track of all equipment that is to be turned in, and perform inventories. Issue equipment and property to customers. It is a fast paced environment, but that is good. The management is great- they give you instructions and leave you alone to perform the work. My coworkers are wonderful-we help each other to accomplish the mission, without regards to our job titles. The hardest part of the job is...it isn't hard at all. The most enjoyable is at the end of the day, when all work has been completed.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours- 5:45am- 6:45pm
Configuration and Retrofit Manager (Current Employee) –  KuwaitApril 7, 2013
I enjoy working with SAIC and they are an excellent company.
Excellent opportunity for culture and work
Research Analyst / ETA Administrator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 27, 2013
flexible opportunities for advancement, travel, culture, and make great mostly tax free income.
Great Company
Container Management Technician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 21, 2013
Very great company, professionalism and the environment was awesome. I would recommend this company to anyone
Enjoyed the working with the people there and didn't mind the weather conditions.
Storage Area Operations Supervisor Kuwait (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 3, 2013
I enjoyed the work I was doing and the people I was working with at the ASP/TSA Kuwait. We issued, stored, received, inventoried and shipped munitions six, sometimes seven days a week. I worked along side of people from various countries. I welcomed the challenge of the diverse work force and extreme hot weather and sand storm conditions. The hardest part was leaving the team. There were some really good people working there. I resigned from the Storage Area Operations Supervisor position because of the hositle work environment create by my immediate supervisor. Though I express my concerns to management in writing on more then one occassion, nothing was done to address the issues. I had hoped that as professionals, we could have been able to work through these issues and concerns, however that was not the case.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

51K