SAIC Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,734 reviews
As Container Management Technician, duties required the fulfillment of a critical role expediting the movement of cargo containers between ports, building an inventory of empty containers available to satisfy shipping needs
Long hours no training low pay treated like a number. Pretty much a complete waste of time !!
IT was a solid career before companies like this got the federal contracts HR dept is a complete joke ! This company is really just a head hunter not a real IT company !
Pros
I have not seen any
Cons
No training low pay treated like a number
Working here was very stressful. We were told that any code less than pristine would penalize the company. Lots of developers thrown into the mix which made coding without stepping on each other's toes impossible. Code was checked and rechecked and the entire project was cancelled in 7 months and everyone was laid off. Management lacked any social skills and would openly yell or berade employees in front of others. Legacy product was a spaghetti mess and only one person who was stationed in Hawaii knew the whole process. Company is also located in a bad part of town.
Pros
Popcorn machine
Cons
See my review...
the company changed when it became public owned. Its all about the stock price now. The great people who understood what the company was founded on have all moved on. I dont see any employee loyalty anymore.
Pros
Not much anymore
Cons
You're just a number
SAIC is a very strong cultured company who values their team members to the highest level and great management. SAIC gives their employees send of security and trust.
Management doesn't communicate well with employees at all ... No employee support. Management doesn't provide support for new employees. If there's a conflict, management doesn't seek the truth.
I got a background check after working for the company over a year. They were in error. I got my Gov clearance back, they replaced me with in 48hrs. I guess someone's kid needed a hand up.
Pros
Cons
they lie to your face
Decent pay & benefits, but there is little opportunity to truly advance within the company structure as they strive to simply fill manpower needs for the military. Once you're in a billet there is little room to grow. Indistinguishable from dozens of other military contractors.
always something new to learn and a chance to advance. Bosses were always understanding and would work with you if you had any issues. Team work was great everyone was willing and able to help other.
In defense, it’s difficult to convey a heart to employees with its size. Managers that care are really hit or miss. Hard not thinking their image of diversity and commitment to worthy causes does not necessarily apply internally. Managers need better training on caring.
Benefits
Cons
Need heart and empathy towards employees and their personal problems.
A lot of contracts to cover. High turnover. Pay is good. Schedule is flexible for the most part. Good people and communication. Work programs are challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overwhelming
This firm has been a joy to work for. The staff, the managers and division chiefs are inspiring. The flexibility to explore new tasks and train is great. I am grateful for my time here. Thank you
Pros
Convenient location, great hours, flexible time off
Cons
Can't telework out of state on an admin job
As an employee who worked off site the hardest part of the job is communication. Sometimes working offsite meant that you have great job satisfaction and working non-stop but advancement within the company was a very difficult aspect.
Ive been with SAIC for almost two years now. There really isnt anything bad I can say about my experience so far. They take care of me and the work is rewarding.
great for flexibility and work&life balance but unclear communication from the management time to time. Overall good experience and good to move up for opportunities.
The medical benefits are not as good as my last company and the pay is not that great either but other than that I can’t Complain I haven’t met my boss and coworkers yet in person
Great company and management, positive work environment, very interesting projects and work assignments, professional yet fun work culture, surrounded by strong and intelligent team embodied thinkers.
I would say the typical work day is early morning shift to a early evening out. Other experience employees are helpful and will teach you the daily task until you're experience enough to do on your own. Management is pretty standard in making sure you stick with your task throughout the day and make sure your area is clean at the end of the day. I would say the most hardest part is learning but the staff makes it enjoyable to learn. Everyone pretty much make sure everything is professional, On time, accurate, and neat to the quality that the customer is looking for.
I worked at SAIC for 17 years. During that time, I worked with some of the best and brightest minds in the IT world, developing innovative solutions, delivering IT modernization and transforming the End User Experience. I will never forget the relationships and teams we built there. I was given opportunities to work on cutting edge technology and was well paid to do it.
SAIC is a great services and some production company. It's senior leadership cares and talks a great game in the care of it's employees. It's compensation is and benefits are within industry standards along with paid time off.
I enjoyed the working environment, people, and style that this company employed. While there was a strong focus on client satisfaction, this company stressed even greater support for professional development and personal work life balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K