SAIC Management reviews

Kuwait33 reviews
As Container Management Technician, duties required the fulfillment of a critical role expediting the movement of cargo containers between ports, building an inventory of empty containers available to satisfy shipping needs
work was great in Kuwait with SAIC. The only bad thing is that the contract ended after 5 years. Management was very nice and it was a great working environment.
Would recommend the company, took care of the employees, great with interacting with the employees. Management, kept personnel informed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract work
The company is a good company but the people were not always the best to work with. The previous company was bought by SAIC and the management that took over made sure the staff felt like the domestic help. You could feel the tension between management and the staff.
Cons
Cars taken away
Top engineer team, I have more experience on how to maintaining the huge facility include control the standby generators by operating with ATS automatic control switch. Top management and great go-workers
Management lends itself to resolving issues, not just a quick fix. They hire good people and work to keep them.
Pros
Competive pay, great 401, nice medical
Cons
Long days 6 days a week as a contractor in the middle east: did not follow all of the country"s labor laws
Management had their favorites and allowed family members to be directly in chain of command
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unfair
SAIC is a great company if you are a full time Employee. Due to being a contractor we only receive benifits while on contract. Security reasons prevent me from disclosing actual job functions. Below is the basic.
Manage staff performance in accordance with both the PWS and the QASP also direct interface with the COR.
Responsible for the use and management of GFP. Lead responsibility for the management and reporting of carrier-owned (USC06) container detention and direct interface with military/technical monitors to ensure satisfactory performance. Work with military counterparts and report any additional work related requirements. Directly responsible for reporting and management of carrier container detention in theater. Works with military on new developments such as any new RFID requirements. Responsible for performance of all staff and will serve as senior representative of all SAIC staff (manager, supervisor, leader, and mentor). Act as an interface between Theater container users and managers and Global Container Management, SDDC, AIDPMO, Army G4, and other agencies, as required. Provide PWS recommendations, ECCP establishment or disestablishment recommendations, RSOI planning.
Pros
Housing, Transportation, perdeim
Cons
Weather
Great Company to work for, 13 hour days, good management team.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good pay
Cons
A typical day involves entering data into the computer to locate equipment on the shelves, or to place equipment into inventory. I also manage a spreadsheet to keep track of all equipment that is to be turned in, and perform inventories. Issue equipment and property to customers. It is a fast paced environment, but that is good. The management is great- they give you instructions and leave you alone to perform the work. My coworkers are wonderful-we help each other to accomplish the mission, without regards to our job titles. The hardest part of the job is...it isn't hard at all. The most enjoyable is at the end of the day, when all work has been completed.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours- 5:45am- 6:45pm
I enjoyed the work I was doing and the people I was working with at the ASP/TSA Kuwait. We issued, stored, received, inventoried and shipped munitions six, sometimes seven days a week. I worked along side of people from various countries. I welcomed the challenge of the diverse work force and extreme hot weather and sand storm conditions. The hardest part was leaving the team. There were some really good people working there. I resigned from the Storage Area Operations Supervisor position because of the hositle work environment create by my immediate supervisor. Though I express my concerns to management in writing on more then one occassion, nothing was done to address the issues. I had hoped that as professionals, we could have been able to work through these issues and concerns, however that was not the case.
Typical day at work 12 hours
What you learned Nothing while assign to receiving warehouse Staff wouldn't focus on training personnel when down time was provided even if you ask to giving personnel training in supply

management Manger/Supervisors favor certain personnel
when it can to working /promotion
your co-worker Some didn't perform their assign duty

the hardest part of your job getting people to do their jobs and competing because of age.

the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do my job.
Pros
take care of it customers
Cons
no progress for advancement (promotion)
Great Quality team, constant changes requiring flexibility and constant upgrade of information.
Checked out the vechicles once unloaded off ships and repaired any issues with vechicles before sighed over to the soldiers.
I learned alot about the Min Res.Ambush Protected vech.

management kept you in the loop about what was going on.
Working in bad weather was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
working for the soldiers
Cons
the weather was the worst part of the job.
I really enjoyed working with SAIC. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and contracts do exspire. I enjoyed working with my Co-workers and sharing knowlegde with them. Learning news things everyday even after almost five years gave me a great sense of accomplishment. The management is great and treated everyone fairly during the draw down process.
Pros
management didn't go out of its way to make the job harder then it needed to be.
Cons
contract ending.