SAIC Employee Reviews

Kuwait33 reviews
As Container Management Technician, duties required the fulfillment of a critical role expediting the movement of cargo containers between ports, building an inventory of empty containers available to satisfy shipping needs
Very great company, professionalism and the environment was awesome. I would recommend this company to anyone
I enjoyed the work I was doing and the people I was working with at the ASP/TSA Kuwait. We issued, stored, received, inventoried and shipped munitions six, sometimes seven days a week. I worked along side of people from various countries. I welcomed the challenge of the diverse work force and extreme hot weather and sand storm conditions. The hardest part was leaving the team. There were some really good people working there. I resigned from the Storage Area Operations Supervisor position because of the hositle work environment create by my immediate supervisor. Though I express my concerns to management in writing on more then one occassion, nothing was done to address the issues. I had hoped that as professionals, we could have been able to work through these issues and concerns, however that was not the case.
Clean and safe work environment. Great employees with a manageable work load.
Typical day at work 12 hours
What you learned Nothing while assign to receiving warehouse Staff wouldn't focus on training personnel when down time was provided even if you ask to giving personnel training in supply

management Manger/Supervisors favor certain personnel

when it can to working /promotion

your co-worker Some didn't perform their assign duty

the hardest part of your job getting people to do their jobs and competing because of age.

the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do my job.
Pros
take care of it customers
Cons
no progress for advancement (promotion)
Cannot not go into detail because of confidential agreement with US government
Great Quality team, constant changes requiring flexibility and constant upgrade of information.
This review is only for the contracting portion I worked for in Kuwait. This is not an overall rating, and I can not provide that information.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
micromangement and glass ceilings
Checked out the vechicles once unloaded off ships and repaired any issues with vechicles before sighed over to the soldiers.
I learned alot about the Min Res.Ambush Protected vech.

management kept you in the loop about what was going on.

Working in bad weather was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
working for the soldiers
Cons
the weather was the worst part of the job.
I really enjoyed working with SAIC. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and contracts do exspire. I enjoyed working with my Co-workers and sharing knowlegde with them. Learning news things everyday even after almost five years gave me a great sense of accomplishment. The management is great and treated everyone fairly during the draw down process.
Pros
management didn't go out of its way to make the job harder then it needed to be.
Cons
contract ending.
Working at the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Sustainment Facility (MSF) has been an enjoyable experience. The work has been consistent and challenging.
Pros
learning different aspects of the mrap
Between BAF Afghanistan to Camp Buehring Kuwait to Camp Arif Jon work has been very steady. There has been more times than I can count massive overtime to get the job done or working through lunchs to meet dead lines. The best part of my day is when I leave work knowing I have done everything I can to meet goals and to exceed expectations of those around me, knowing that I raise the bar and standard for most individuals around me.
Great Company, but fail when it comes to job performance need to in-put a new evaluation check list to see who is really doing a great job and who are just trying to get by. Other than this was a really good company to work for nothing bad to say.
Pros
nice housing program