Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Kuwait22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,466 reviews

Nice to learn their technical approach on oilfield services.

Lots of technology to learn here. Lots of work politics. They pay well. They are more into profit, of course! Swearing is common language, hahaha. They will kick you out if you don't wear seat belt while driving, hahaha.

Pros

Learn new stuff

Cons

Long hours of work

Poor Management

Good pay and benefits but very less meaningful career . No team effort. Concern is only about individual and the format of evaluation is like above. HR policy on team at site needs a lot of improvement. HSE is only on name and nothing in action . COMPLETE REVAMP IS REQUIRED

Best Company to work with

Schlumberger is the best company you can work with, best Training, Salary/Benefits , Job Advancement and career path vast opportunities. Really recommended to highly motivated graduated.

Work placeKuwait

Its a world class company it was given good moral values to their employees and safety of point view its a very commitment . Dont loose if they give a chance.

Pros

They provide very best fecilities

Cons

Working moto and got a intervals from shift

Schlumberger

Great company to work for if you are in right segment, its compensation and benefits are pretty good. However, some segments (if it is new) takes bit of a time to establish the stability in operations because of utilization of internal resources and its lack of experience. Probably, everyone can do everything approach is not really pay off!

oil &gas

I hereby declare that all the statements made in the above Resume are correct to the Best of my knowledge and belief.and i will to my best thanks Mani R

Lot off stree

Lot of internal stuff and emails to take care off.. Too many managers, lots of cost constrains, no proper management direction, have to rely on one manager.

Pros

nothing

hotel accommodation

its a good experience to work with this company. the compensation is much better compared to other companies. no benefits and work hours is 12 hrs per day.

Wonderful management and system

Organised, Challenging works, Planned and Supporting Management. Great ideas are invited. Worldwide opportunities are available for your future. Wonderful training

Pros

Accommadation

Incredible learning opportunity.

A typical work day at Schulmberger consisted of continuous learning and the opportunity to work with some of the most dedicated, driven individuals in the field.

Pros

excellent work environment. Several learning opportunities.

Cons

Heavy workload.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schlumberger?

Very important to work with Schlumberger

Very good company very restrict in safety given very good and very quality data I advise all strong people and smart to work with Schlumberger. Very good organization Very strong trining in safety and health Drivein also rest hrs .

Pros

Very good relationship with all the employees

Cons

Not fare with family people

It was a professional and light environment

I worked in the company as an electronics intern during my B.Tech course. It was great learning from the technical heads about the real-time working of drilling machines used during oil drilling in Kuwait. The team was dedicated and explained the details from working to maintenance.

very good

Sarting day in good mood makes the rest of the day good. team work is Always the key for any success. managemet is the reason for most of resignations. it is hard to find a job in oilfield .

Pros

free food

Cons

health care

Admin Foreman

It was really a experience to work under someone, it was my first step on the carrier, thrilling experience with good management support, started to learn how to become a part of team and team player and relevance to partaking interventions where it is required.

Fast paced oil and gas drilling environment

Technically challenging work Opportunity for advancement and growth Opportunity for travel to different sites Assessment and evaluation part of advancement

New Day New Challenge

Everyday you are meeting new people , dealing with new things and learning new information and tools. you have all the required tools to learn and discover more everyday. working environment is like family more than co workers.

Great company

I was only intern for short period, but i loved the work enviroment productive and fun .great leader and supportive coworker. I would love to work there long term

Field Drilling Fuids Engineer

Specialized running Water Based Polymer and Oil Faze fluid systems. With 23 years in the industry, I have experience several difficult situations. Working alongside other talented field works I feel that I have gained significant knowledge to ensure all of my required daily tasks are completed professional and without preventable incidents. I sincerely enjoy the daily challenges that come with my work. The industry is continually changing and it is important to me that I keep up with the newest technology and industry changes.

Excellent company

One of the best companies to work for. Management is very good. Gained a lot of knowledge. Co- workers are friendly and professional

A great learning experience

A typical day involved learning different petrophysical aspects and giving tests to show the understanding. Since I had not studied Petroleum Geology, Schlumberger’s internship involved learning new subjects as self study during my spare time, especially the fundamentals of drilling, mud logging and Petrophysics. This helped in understanding the technical aspects of well placement as well as LWD/ MWD technologies for geosteering horizontal wells. I also got my first exposure to 3D geological modeling, well planning and real-time data browsing/ downloading for monitoring the ongoing drilling. Teamwork and communication in a ‘client-service provider environment’ were other valuable skills applied during the internship. The management was really friendly and helpful. The hardest part was understanding several drilling concepts which I wasn't accustomed to. The most fun was during the directional drilling process where the drill bit direction was controlled from the office, away from well site.

People Technology Profits

People Technology Profits. Very challenging environment with diversity as the people motor.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

bad managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Schlumberger
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?