Schlumberger Management reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 5,951 reviews
Excellent company
Associate Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 16, 2015
One of the best companies to work for. Management is very good. Gained a lot of knowledge. Co- workers are friendly and professional
A great learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 31, 2014
A typical day involved learning different petrophysical aspects and giving tests to show the understanding.
Since I had not studied Petroleum Geology, Schlumberger’s internship involved learning new subjects as self study during my spare time, especially the fundamentals of drilling, mud logging and Petrophysics. This helped in understanding the technical aspects of well placement as well as LWD/ MWD technologies for geosteering horizontal wells. I also got my first exposure to 3D geological modeling, well planning and real-time data browsing/ downloading for monitoring the ongoing drilling. Teamwork and communication in a ‘client-service provider environment’ were other valuable skills applied during the internship.
The management was really friendly and helpful. The hardest part was understanding several drilling concepts which I wasn't accustomed to. The most fun was during the directional drilling process where the drill bit direction was controlled from the office, away from well site.