The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,788 reviews

Team work culture

The team work culture creates an exceptional place to work. there are fast service events taking care of guest and always reflecting a genuine care to them.

High turnover. No advancement.

You’re just another number here. Some hotels make you feel like the staff are like a family but not so here. It is all about the bottom line and making the manager look good.

It was my dream job

Just keep in mind that in tourism it is very difficult to have a personal life. However, most of the time you get an amazing team, interesting guests, funny memoriesIf you do not like people this job is not or you

Pros

life experience promotion different field you can try yourself in

Cons

salary (like everywhere)

Busy and funny

Amazing in work amd environment clean and net and all the time you proud on your self and build confidence day by day and opportunity to speak in front of people and have a program to did training and grow up in life and for the community

Pros

Promotion

Cons

Everything regarding your happiness and health

If you show up you’ll always have a job

It’s a job. Pros: pay check, meet people, nice hotel. Cons: long hours, low pay, those fake and obnoxious hellos and good byes from coworkers. It’s a good stepping stone.

Pros

Free lunch and uniform benefits

Cons

Not all, but most management. Power trips.

Looks good on paper!

Great starter job, will look good on resume. Ritz company culture is wonderful- sadly only applied in theory at Dorado. Work advancement is reserved for those who come from abroad and not those who are local. Promotion from within rarely happens without nepotism. Expect to do a lot of other people's job without as "lateral service" without additional compensation or recognition. Managers are usually no longer there for more than two years - you'll most likely not have a great one but not to worry! Once you get used to them another one will come from thousands of miles away!Getting sick or having a family is frowned upon so make sure to be available around the clock at the drop of a hat. Absolutely *not* the best place for a career, great job for paying the bills.

Pros

Pay + benefits

Cons

Hostile Work Environment, Lack of growth opportunities, Lack of job security, Working conditions (mold in ceilings, live wires etc.)

I loved this company!

Marriott is a great company to work for. However, during the pandemic my position was eliminated and has not been re-established. They are finally recovering after being closed for several months during lock down.

Pros

The culture

Cons

Advancement can be tricky

The Ritz Carlton was a great working place to me because I learned to treat people with respect and dignity I use to feel like I was at home.

If I have to go go back to the VI definitely I will re-apply at the Ritz Carlton Hotel because they have to more beautiful and sincere working ambiance I really enjoy spending almost 15 years at the Ritz I will always be a good ambassador for the Ritz💥

Productive,like exercised, practical, learning a lots,U can firm yourself build confident level

This is the best place,I miss it, I was working almost 10 years a lots of thinks I can learning from there,with experienced people,the hotel invironment comfort like fun,family,and have philosophy guidance.they train you until you will,perform confident and very hard and tought job,work life balance,who want to work here you must prepare belief,enthusiasm,product knowledge,focus,positive mental attitude,persistence,desired to succeed..well good luck..

Pros

free lunches, uniform provide

Cons

shorts break

Everyone is treated like ladies and gentlemen

Best place to work in the valley. Beautiful property. Employees happy to work there. Lunch was really good food. Free coffee. Employees appreciation events. Housekeeping department wonderful family. Housekeeping Aide hourly not comparable to other hotels in the area unless they have increased it since last May.

Pros

Beautiful property. Busy. Always go go go.

Cons

Housekeeping Aide hourly low compared to other hotels

Lingkungan kerja yg produktif

Mempuyai SOP yg tinggi , management waktu yg teratur , memiliki alat yg komplit untuk di gunakan ,

Pros

Makan siang gratis

Cons

Waktu rehat cukup

Lingkungan kerja yang produktif

Makan siang gratis, uniform di laundry dari hotel atau memakai baju bebas dari rumah, bekerja sesuai shift yang ditentukan, bisa request tanggal libur sesuai dengan keperluan penting.

Pros

Bertemu kerabat dari berbagai negara

Cons

Waktu rehat yang sangat sedikit

Its really nice work please I enjoyed

Beautiful place work nice mangment good for all the guest they can stay and happy life there guest come as guest but they check out as friend because we give them lot's of love and care

Pros

some time

Cons

We have a good relation

Innovation and organization

Phenomenal Beauty and style. The chefs are professional and creative. The food is fresh and delivered on time. Holidays are supernatural during peak hours.

Pros

Education

Cons

fun place to work during winter time

I love the people i work with but management is lacking a bit letting the power get to their heads and not actually doing good by employees to keep them.

Used to be fantastic, but it's changed

Worked there for 4 years and saw tons of new managers - some great, some bad. In my time there, I found it hard to be invested in due to low staffing and certain managers. If you're good at your job, you'll be neglected or forgotten in the craziness. Loved the specific team that I worked with, but the GM has somehow cultivated a hostel work environment. Our employee surveys portrayed that, as well as the extreme high turnover of staff that had been there for longer than I had. I saw this first hand, as well as blatant discrimination and favoritism. It's crazy high stress, but also rewarding at times. I loved getting to know the owners and develop those relationships. I enjoyed my time there, but also incredibly thankful it's over since the culture has changed. I do not want to be apart of where this building is going given the current GM in power.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Poor managemt structure, bad GM

Lingkungan nya sangat produktif,ramah semua

Saya sangat suka kerja di sana, berharap di pangil lagi. Walaupun casual departemen steward tapi saya sangat berharap utk di panggil lagi

Pros

Makan siang gratis

Cons

Waktu rehat yang sangat sedikit

St.thomas,V.I. location

Employees have no respect for each other . The best days at work is servicing guest needs. The hardest part at work is staff not standing up to make a successful dat.

Pros

Nine

Cons

Short brakes

El.servicio al huesped es el.mejor del mundo.

La mision de la.empresa es satifacer cada detalle de nuestros huespedes.

Pros

Los beneficios son muchisima

Cons

Son bien exigentes

Great place to work, only downside is the toll that work can take on your personal life.

Hospitality is a great field in general. Nowhere else have I seen ladies start as housekeepers and then progress all the way to senior Food & Beverage leadership. Nowhere else have I seen gentlemen start as valet runners and then progress to running Front Office Operations. These are just a couple of examples from my time at The Ritz-Carlton. If you want to work somewhere with growth opportunities and you're willing to work hard, this is a great place for you. My only "complaint" is that this is a difficult place to work if you have any semblance of family life outside of work.

Pros

Growth opportunities, pay is decent, healthcare and 401k

Cons

Work life balance

Professional environment

I had an amazing experience serving as part of the Ladies and Gentleman of the Ritz Carlton. I am amazed with the companies vision both for the customers and their employees. I hope to serve as a part of the Ritz Carlton company again one day. I will forever be an ambassador for this company and it’s beliefs. #foreverbleedcobaltblue

Pros

To be an ambassador of the Ritz Carlton Company

Cons

Currently not working for the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ritz-Carlton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4