Triple Canopy Employee Reviews

Currently work for Triple Canopy
Law Enforcement Support Officer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitApril 4, 2019
Do not want to evaluate at this time. Job itself is redundant. Hours are long and most of the workers are exhausted on a daily basis. Work is not difficult.
Pros
Kuwait is in a great location to visit other countries.
Productive and interesting.
Force Protection Officer - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 30, 2019
Productive and challenging. The weather in the desert was a test to the human spirit. The work days were long and the weeks were longer at 6 days a week. The workplace culture was a constant test to leadership and management abilities.
Pros
Paid vacation time.
Cons
Long work days.
The job is very relaxing
Force Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 14, 2019
The job is relaxing and comparative. Have a limited time of rest but risk riding every day. A friendly environment where you interact with different kind of people from all background of the security force.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Limited rest time
Lying management, no ethics.
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KuwaitFebruary 13, 2019
I'll preface this review by saying that this was for a contract in Kuwait, other contracts could be different but any company that would allow this to go on at one their contracts should seriously be questioned.

Everything was all smiles until you get out of training, As soon as you are in the field every management position will lie to your face and be as unhelpful as possible. I questioned why we were not being paid our full hours for time on site and I got told to deal with it, they will quote they are obeying Kuwait labor law one day and US labor law the next day, which ever way they can pay you less. Overall compensation is high but their practices are dishonest.

As soon as I got out of training I was moved from brand new apartment to one that was falling apart and covered in mold, all the trainees stayed in the new buildings to impress them. The company also took as much time getting your passport back to you as possible, while not explicitly holding them it took a month and half to get my passport back from when I arrived, this is to keep people from leaving too quickly. I heard a first hand account of someone breaking their leg on shift and being fired as soon as they left the hospital, basically being left to fend for themselves in a foreign country. The entire upper management structure and operation they are running is very, very shady. Company would also not inform people if their security clearance came through so they would sign another year contract.

The kicker is when I flew out of Kuwait they were able to somehow have access to my passport records
  more... and could tell I left. This company is not legit and by the time I left I did not feel comfortable with anything they were doing. DO NOT TAKE THE KUWAIT CONTRACT.  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, No Ethics, Housing
Filling vital role in support of US military operations
Installation Access Officer (Former Employee) –  Arifjan, KuwaitJanuary 31, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. After successful completion of my contract, I returned home but could have seen myself staying. Hard work was rewarded. Got to meet some really great professionals in the security industry.
Great place to work overseas as either entry level or experienced professional
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitDecember 6, 2018
Triple Canopy has great job opportunities for either people just getting out of the military who want to get a foot in the door in overseas security or for people who have been in the industry for years.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours and living off base
Long work hours
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KWNovember 29, 2018
Pay was decent, however it did not make up for the amount of overtime you would have to put and not get paid for.

Elements are harsh, and the cost of living in Kuwait is very high,
Worked with other Veterans
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  KWNovember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with other Veterans from other branches, as well as personnel from law enforcement across the United States. We worked with military and other contractor personnel on the military installations, and had our own personal life out in the economy. Compensation was fair, and the work was tolerable. However, the average employee spent more hours awake than asleep, barely getting a decent night's rest, including commute to and from the installation, weapon draw and guard mount.
Pros
Decent pay, decent work environment
Cons
Long hours awake
So dont believe anything recruiters say
Nada (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 5, 2018
So I came to work for TC and it's been lie after lie. The recruiters tell you one thing you get here and it's all lies. Then the company wants you to suck it up. Well warning if your coming here for a clearance they will tell you 3 to 6 months that's if your the few lucky ones, try 1 to 2 years. Guess what with out your clearance you can't advance with the company. Oh and the number for pay isn't true either, they will tell you around 79 a year nope. Oh and if you want vaction good luck they promise it to you but if your lucky you may get a week if you get any. Cause ops says you have to put in for vacation 8 months to a year in advance, but your suppose to get 5 weeks. THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN SO SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!
Pros
Pros good FPO's
Cons
All lies
Worst Experience Ever...
Not For Them... (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 9, 2018
If you aren't on their payroll as a yes-man, lackey, or good ole boy they will not hesitate to let you go!! Good luck if you think you can get paid for or reimbercement for anything outside of what you "thought the company should pay you for!!"
Pros
Paid for my flight.
Cons
I paid for all the shots which were not medically covered, I paid for my flight home and vacation!!
Poor
KBOSSS/FPO Supervisor (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 6, 2018
The company isn't worried about the welfare for the employees the make the company what it is today! I have worked for Triple Canopy for 2 years now was promoted the Supervisor after 6 month of work! after that I started to see the its not what you know its who you know in order to get anywhere past Shift Supervisor.
Pros
"Good" pay
Cons
the company WILL lower your pay without notice
Vindictive managers
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 5, 2018
Despite what most of these paid websites posted about this company , it doesn't worth it going all the way over there for less, especially if you are a young veteran looking for a way to get on your feet.
- You will discovered that the recruiter downright lie to you

-Unnecessary stress and preferential treatment and special favors (US Labor Laws does not apply over there)

-Vindictive managers and supervisors (don't get on their wrong side), and they will drive you out.

-They changed name and still hold grudges (instead of admitting wrong doing.
Pros
Get to travel is awesome
Cons
Long unpaid hours like domestic workers
If you're single sure
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 10, 2018
Kinda mislead by the recruiter, being fresh out the military I get it, I should've done more homework before jumping on a plane. You meet some good people over there that I still talk to and who have moved to better PSD jobs. But having a family its pretty miserable so I went back home. Best decision of my life I do IT now instead of holding a gun.
Pros
Money
Cons
It's hot, working 12 hour shifts plus the 3 hours it takes to get to shift and 1.5 to get offf
Long Hours
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  KWAugust 1, 2018
Waking up 2:45 am and come back home until 7:30pm
brutal heat
average workers
need more days off
you honestly not going to have a life outside of work.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hours, management
Adequate place to work
Law Enforcement Support Officer, Kuwait (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJuly 29, 2018
Good pay and benefits. Triple Canopy is a good place to start in the contracting world. Although the hours are long, the work in straight forward and you know what you will be doing every day at work. Overall it was a good experience.
Static Security
FORCE PROTECTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 18, 2018
worked 12 hrs a day for 6 days a wk. They provide Transportation to and from work, but you had to wait an hr to go home because buses needed to be full. no room for growth or advancement with in. this was back in 2015. not sure if anything has changed since a left that job for a better one with a lot more pay.
I was lied too
Static Security Guard (Current Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 3, 2018
The pay and the leadership I give 2 stars. If you dont have a clearance the pay is 13.85 A hour with one is only one dollar more... You wake up a 3am in the mornig 6 days a week get on the bus at 4am go to your post at 5am and not off until 530pm. You are up 15 hours and only get paid for 12. 6 Days a week dont know when you will take leave and you have to eat your lunch on the vans.
Working static security in Entry Control Points and Towers
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 4, 2018
72 hour work week. Wake up, get ready, company provide transportation to your assigned US military installation. Depending on how far the commute is, the drive could be 30-40 mins for one base. The other would be 1 hour 20mins - 2 hours depending on traffic. Work six days a week. High turn over rate during the summer seasons because of high temperatures. Leadership can be pretty helpful sometimes depending on who's in charge. You'll be working with mostly veterans and a few with no prior military experience is to be expected. Hardest part about the job is waking up and getting to your vehicle. The only enjoyable part is that you'll make money for how easy it is.
Pros
Tax-Free if you so choose
Great salary for minimal work
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 2, 2018
You can't complain for the amount of money earned for the minimum work you actually do. The hours are long, the days are short and the environment is harsh. Boredom and routine is the worse part of this job. However, you don't go to the middle east for anything other than a high salary so it's the perfect place to earn a lot in a short amount of time.
Pros
High salary
Cons
14 hour work days, 6 days a week.
Bad
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  KuwaitApril 29, 2018
Bad experience, not the best management. A lot of cronyism took place in the advancement process which made moving up the ladder fairly difficult, austere working conditions amplified the previously mentioned discrepancies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Triple Canopy. Our community is ready to answer.

Triple Canopy Reviews by Location