U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 69,987 reviews
The Army Requires a big commitment
Various (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 14, 2019
Years of very hard work pays off in the end. Depending on your career path you may have many injuries. Take good care of yourself and get all your medical issues attended to. I was able to substantiate 85% of my injuries over a 37 year period of service. I’m well compensated and even though I have pain every day I wouldn’t have done much differently.
Pros
Retirement, 30 days vacation per year, education benefits, amazing exposure
Cons
Nights, weekends, missed birthdays, holidays, events. Injuries, the constant threat of death, and the loss of friends and comrades
Camp AJ
Area Food Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  KWMarch 27, 2019
Great people to work with. Probably the best job I have in the Army. It was hot and sandy, but exciting and meaningful getting to be their in support of the war-fighter.
Not a bad job
Team Leader/ Sergeant (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 10, 2019
Serving in the Army is a love hate relationship. You meet people from all walks of life. Some are good, and some are bad. Deployments can be rough being away from family and friends. But, the average American can use the Army to become a better person, further themselves, advance their education, and get back on their feet financially.
Pros
Job security, a consistent paycheck, relationships built by meeting new people
Cons
Petty corrections. Bad apples ruining it for everybody.
connection
92A Logistist Specialist (Current Employee) –  misissippiFebruary 27, 2019
Its all about the connection you can get through the military
pay is not worth a dam but people are
thats it that all its worth time and money know the people
Deployed
Information Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuwait CityFebruary 22, 2019
Being in a foreign counties was a different but great but great experience. The team I worked with were great. We accomplished all tasks and I was able to attend some classes that would advance my career.
Outside Plant (OSP) NCOIC (Former Employee) –  KWFebruary 19, 2019
great co-workers; made work enjoyable. hardest part of the job was the heat however, the building was air conditioned so the work environment was comfortable.
429th review
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee) –  KWFebruary 11, 2019
This was while i was in the Army deployed to Kuwait. the hardest part about this job was being away from my family. It was also very hot. It was a great experience.
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST / OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 8, 2019
KUWAIT (a provider of logistics & communication support services to US ARMY Base Camp Arifjan WARLOCK-MIC-9 in Kuwait)

As per requirement of the U.S. Army, doing all types of procurements,responsible for supervising and managing all operations in the absence of the operations manager for internal logistics division.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Consultant Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 9, 2018
Design, Supervision, Execution and Maintenance all Mechanical Works like HVAC, Plumbing, Firefighting, water supply, water treatment and Gas system in Infrastructure and major construction projects
Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
2. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
3. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
I enjoyed being in the Army it was like family. We depended on each other to complete our mission
Pay Manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 7, 2018
The Army teaches you everything you need to know to survive in a war time situation. They teach you how to use your individual weapon all the way to firing a machine gun. They teach you how to survive in all types of surroundings from Cities to Woodlands areas to the desert. They teach you to live off the land.
Pros
Get to see other countries
Cons
You are always on call
Learned skills that were needed in and out the military.
Operations Clerk/MWR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait City, KuwaitNovember 29, 2018
Made lots of connections with people from all over the US some of who'm I still keep in contact with now. The experience was great and allowed me to be a stronger person.
Pros
Positive team leaders
Cons
Negative team leaders
Army Reserve career over 30 years
Director/Chief of Strategic Projects (Former Employee) –  KWNovember 3, 2018
The Army Reserve and Guard gave me a chance to experience military life and maintain my civilian career. I feel fortunate to have had the life experience of being a Lieutenant, Captain, Major and finally Lieutenant Colonel, each rank was a new challenge of skills and responsibilities.
I loved leading people and seeking the best outcomes for all involved. I went through Signal and Logistics schools. Airborne and Air Assault.
I served in Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries.
Pros
Training and promotion based systems, Honor, Integrity
Cons
Combat is a risk, train well
Good
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 3, 2018
Babaza IntlCo,a Pizza Company in Saudi Arabia having almost 125 Outlets in KSA by Little CAESARS. It's Centralized Warehouse & Office is in Riyadh,KSA
Pros
Free Lunches & Offers
Cons
Salary increment low
New in much leadership
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  KWOctober 23, 2018
Company work with distribution through ships and maritime cargo position, require a lot of time and energy with no support, they dont care about moral of personal.
Pros
Always a need
Cons
High turnover, No room to advance
Not a good Company to work, OIG had a lot of questions about functioning of GLS
Bengali Linguist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2018
Most satisfying part of the job was that I was able to help out a lot of people to get into the workforce after getting an ID badge. Management couldn't care what you do. In fact, they lived in Hilton and left workers in the Sand, very indifferent and now they lost the contract. I won't shed tears for them.
Pros
Management never worried about your production
Cons
Project Manager was rude, and had no clue how to write a good email. Army authorities were very unhappy to deal with the PM, and so they dealt very poorly with the linguists with regards to their housing.
Nice and fun at work
Supply Associate II (Former Employee) –  KUWAITOctober 13, 2018
Duty time was little difficult because we have lot of traveling on work management was very most hardest part of job is work on night shift, most enjoyable part of the job is work in receiving section
Pros
Lunch
New experiences
Comsec Clerk (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 1, 2018
It was never the same thing each day. I enjoyed that each day it was always something else to look forward to. If I could do it again I would . I enjoyed the people I met and the work I did
Pros
Saving the world
Cons
Judgemental people
army
112th MMT, Senior Strength Manger (Former Employee) –  kuwaitSeptember 30, 2018
The military is what you make of it you have good and bad people with every unit you go too its a job its a honor to serve your country but at the end they view us all as just another body.
many perks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kuwait, UASeptember 21, 2018
The work was very ethically diverse and I really enjoyed my work and the environment that i was placed in. The hardest part was following leadership that does not know their job and the most enjoyable was being around different race and learning new things
Pros
able to see, travel and learn new things
Cons
leadership, overworked
Best Job I ever had
C-4 Class IX Retrograde Reporting Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 15, 2018
being a newly promoted officer, I immediately saw a difference, how officers are treated or looked at as that of an NCO. Though the NCO core is the backbone of the Army, I truly enjoyed time served as an officer.
Pros
I am PRO military
Cons
I have nothing, bad to say about the Army Reserve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4