U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Showing all 76,332 reviews
Lots to do with not enough time. Many challenging situations that helped build character and problem solving skills. Working as a team and taking the lead when needed is required.
as a generality you are underappreciated over worked, and subject to stupid things that people who don't really know whats going on's ideas because they think it would be good. although most of the time, impractical
I enjoyed my 5 years in the Army but it wasn't all a bowl of cherries as with any other career. Unlike most jobs you know that your death is just a bullet away and you could be deployed to far reaches of the globe with or without your family.
Pros
Everything is provided for you.
Cons
You're just a cog in a larger machine.
not bad hours suck but pay and benefits are good. Deployments are hard on the family. Training I received at the beginning helped me succeed in my career.
I would not make this a career even do if you do the retirement will be Great. There is a lot of benefits that makes all the long hours and bad people worth doing 4 years and getting out enjoy free college and not be in student debt.
In the military I was afforded the opportunity to learn and train in things I’d never dream of from computers to weapons I overall had a amazing time.
The Army was a very great learning experience for me and gave me the tools I need to succeed in a life outside of the army and I’m very grateful for the opportunity I had to serve
It’s just like any other organization where is a combination of you applying your skills and talents and dealing with politics. Sometimes your work ethic and what you bring to the table is appreciated and sometimes it’s not depending on the fairness and the equitable treatment by the boss you have at that time.
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at U.S. Army are excellent! Free health and dental! Pay is decent as a Sergeant, but I feel like I could make more outside the Army.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?
So many MOS options (job designations) it's hard to give an overview of a specific role, but if you're interested in seeing a new part of the world, learning a new skill, and joining a fraternal organization with a long proud history that can propel you forward as a person, the US Army is the best place to do it.
Great place to get disciplined and learn respect things that will make you a great worker no matter if you stay mlitary or not. The Army will make you a better person.
Join the Army and stay 20 years. The benefits are worth it. I joined many years ago and I do not regret it. Once you complete a tour you can join the national guard or reserves.
People at mc donalds make more if they worked as much as we do it's a guaranteed check with benefits but you get treated badly chances of advancement to the next rank after two years won't happen unless you are liked and know how to brown nose. You most likely won't do you're job you signed up for. If you signed up to do something that sounded cool at the time you will be put on a lot of details pulling weeds and picking up trash or sweeping dirt you will never forsure know what you will be doing when tasked out plans change all the time and creates a lot of confusion.
Pros
Benefits medical/dental/bah if married a guaranteed job, paid sick time it's salary
Cons
Not treated well, not doing you're job, not a lot of time to youreself, have to work weekends too much to list
It can be fun and an opportunity to gain a lot of skills, training and job experience especially for those just entering into the job world. However, it can get hard to juggle family life and the Army as the Army is first. Great team building exercises, will move alot depending during your time in the service.
Pros
Group exercising and activities, great benefits, room for promotion
Cons
Time consuming, alot of instability with family and personal life
Great benefits. Great opportunities to excel in your career. Many opportunities to travel the world and meet people you would have never met otherwise.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work life balance does not exist
Excellent place to start a career out of college. You are given a large amount of responsibility right from the start. Pay is decent, usually with yearly raises and promotions.
Pros
Jumping
Cons
Long, unpredictable hours
Best thing I've done. Great discipline builder. Great to see other countries. Great working with CID and police of other countries. I should have stayed through 20 years!
Best job in the world. Travel the world, meet new people, pay for college, benefits, housing, clear pay system, everything was pretty great.
It does take some getting used to. Can be negative for some folk
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Takes physical toll on you and toll on family life
Pay & benefits
Great benefits as a veteran after military contract obligations. I enjoyed opportunities to travel overseas. I recommend joining to help open doors for your future endeavors.
Currently teleworking and loving it. Have worked at the office only 5 days, but was happy with the the people that surrounded me, very friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Pleanty of work
Cons
2.5 hours from my home.
The US Army is what you make of it, if you have the courage then I recommend taking a look at the Special Operations community. It’s a lot of hard work but the mission and people that you will work with will be amazing.