U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews in Camp Arifjan

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 73,688 reviews
Best Job I ever had
C-4 Class IX Retrograde Reporting Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 15, 2018
being a newly promoted officer, I immediately saw a difference, how officers are treated or looked at as that of an NCO. Though the NCO core is the backbone of the Army, I truly enjoyed time served as an officer.
Pros
I am PRO military
Cons
I have nothing, bad to say about the Army Reserve.
Sets you up to be successful
Staff Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan KuwaitAugust 30, 2018
The army teaches discipline, self sufficiency, and resourcefulness. They encourage you to constantly better yourself and provide the opportunities and resources to attend schools and advance your skills.
Pros
health care, accountability, structure
Cons
demanding, must come before family or friends, mediocre pay
It was in the Middle East - enuf said
Transportation Manager/ AMATS Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitAugust 17, 2018
Typical work day was 12 - 14 hours. We got a half day on Friday and Sunday off. But a lot of times our half days and the very few holidays we got were stepped on due to work requirements. Then we had to do physical training.

Leadership micromanaged, and had the "do as I say, not what I do" mentality. There was absolutely no "leading by example". The Battle Buddy system was non-existent. You were expected to do more with less; most of us had our normal job, then 4 additional duties.

We were confined to a small post about 5 square miles.The only good things were the awesome MWR and USO activities, Poetry Night Crew, and the awesome DFAC, especially midnight chow.
Unique but challenging experience
Chief Paralegal Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Arifjan, KuwaitAugust 4, 2018
U.S. Army Central, is a unique and challenging command, operating across multiple battlefields, spanned over several countries. Serving as the Army's executive agent for USCENTCOM, the command has oversight of a $15B annual budget in support of war efforts throughout the middle east and southwest asia.
Great Place to Work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time w/ AMC. Serving the Army was something I'll always remember. Excellent team atmosphere and command climate. Was treated very well and loved working for them.
Pros
Opportunity to Excel
Cultivating Professionalism
(ARCENT) Transportation Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJune 13, 2018
The US Army is a fantastic place to grow personally and professionally, with paid benefits and vacation and morale enhancing opportunities to offset the above-average workplace stressors.
Excellent place to gain a skill
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  ArifJan KuwaitFebruary 27, 2018
Great for kids needing direction.
I returned to take part in OEF/OIF.
ANG cultule is clickish. If not part of the click, your life becomes remarkably difficult. Senior NCO's expect junior troops to snap to attention upon their arrival as if they're O's.
Pros
Great to learn a skill
Cons
Large portion of NCO's expect to be treated as O's.
Fast paced work environment.
25Q Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitDecember 22, 2017
Working for the army has been a great experience overall, But I feel as if it is time to venture out and see what the civilian sector has to offer. The leadership was great and the pace was as well.
Contractor in Kuwait for Desktop Support
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitNovember 16, 2017
I did Computer Support and also Security type work requiring Secret Level Clearance. I did the daily Patching of Software fixes, as well as normal Desktop Support for Users. I enjoyed my work as a Contract employee for the US Army at Camp Arifjan,Kuwait for 2 1/2 years.
Pros
Access to eat at DFAC (military dining hall); also the quality of Off-Base Housing was a Plus.
Cons
Being wthout Family
All facilities provided to the maximum
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Arifjan kuwaitOctober 29, 2017
Work wise it so easy for me to handle ., not much pressure to taken .except the long duty hours and the long journey .its 16 hours duty all together. Feels tried because of the long duty with out weekly off.
Pros
Free food all time
Cons
1 hour break
Fast-pace work
FIRE SUPPORT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 26, 2017
On call every day to provide needed information to the general. Camp Arifjan had a great gym and pool, every day was over 100 degrees and at night the temperature never dropped below 100.
Service
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan KuwaitSeptember 17, 2017
As a contract specialist responsible for preaward and post award functions involving minor construction (i.e. relocatable buildings, athletic fields, construction projects under $1 million). All necessary in order for the soldiers to complete their mission.
Pros
Supporting our troops
Cons
Away from family, less pay than in the USA
Team work approach with group think mind set
Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Camp ArifjanDecember 21, 2016
High pace with strict protocols for results. Recognition sometimes not given for actual work. However the benefits are the best by far.
Good job culture
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  ArifjanApril 28, 2016
Really enjoyed the job in kuwait but couldn't continue for long because of some personal problems. Now everything settled and ready to go at any time.
Pros
good job culture
Cons
nothing
Great learning experience that prepared me for anything in life.
PERSONNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitJuly 15, 2015
Working as a US Army soldier was the most stressful and hardest thing I ever had to do in my life and it was also the best decision I ever made for myself. It taught me discipline and what it really means to work hard. My daily duties as the HR specialist for a Headquarters and Headquarters Company; responsible for providing administrative support for 200 personnel; maintains enlisted rating scheme; provides daily readiness reports, reviews awards, evaluations, promotions, personnel actions, and consolidated reports; directly supervise and responsible for the health, welfare, and training of eight Soldiers. Even though work was strenuous the morale was always high in the work area. All the soldiers got along and did our part in completing our daily missions. I learned how to work in a team, and lead one as well. I learned to handle deadlines and stress within the workplace without freezing up or cracking.With all that said the Us Army was a great experience and it wasn't easy having to be away from loved ones but making them proud was all worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits, Travel, Security, Education
Cons
Away from family
Productive and fun place to work daily
Non-Commissioned Officer Afghanistan Liaison Cell (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 10, 2014
Managed the overall planning, supervision, and coordination of three Major Support Commands and 21 separate in widely dispersed areas; managed the overall development, planning, and implementation of service section support functions and logistics procedures for the operations.
Air and Missile Defense Officer
Air and Missile Defense Operations (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan KUWAITJune 6, 2014
Typical day at work is staffing projects related to Missile Defense for the Operations Directorate and the Command.
Presents great opportunity to gain experience.
Sergeant, Information Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitOctober 19, 2013
The Army creates a environment of high intensity regarless of your area of expertise. Seperate sections and departments constantly work in small cells in order to play an effective role in the overall mission. In the Army one must learn to adapt to their environment as you often encounter many different types of leaders, with many different ways of creating a finished product. Some days hard and long but it is always a possitive feeling in the end.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressful work environments
Fun non-stop work pace
Range and Training Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitDecember 11, 2012
A very exciting job with multible work duties at a fast non stop pace. I learned about travel,maintence,security,transportation, and many other job duties the US Army way. I managed 15 co-workers, and the hardest part of the job was the pace. the best part was that I was always in the middle of everything. I would not change a thing.
Pros
free food, non stop work
Cons
short breaks
Professional Organization
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Arifjan, KuwaitSeptember 24, 2012
Enjoyed the many challenges learned during my one year deployment with USARCENT in Kuwait
Pros
professional
Cons
away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3