U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews in Kuwait City

Kuwait City10 reviews
Being in a foreign counties was a different but great but great experience. The team I worked with were great. We accomplished all tasks and I was able to attend some classes that would advance my career.
Made lots of connections with people from all over the US some of who'm I still keep in contact with now. The experience was great and allowed me to be a stronger person.
Pros
Positive team leaders
Cons
Negative team leaders
After morning Physical Training, breakfast we reported to our unit to take on our daily task. My last unit was in Kuwait City, Kuwait. As the lead noncommissioned officer, I performed many duties such as mail pick up, document distribution to other units, and other responsibilities.
Pros
Trusted to do my job!
Cons
Environment was a little warm.
get the inventory of all the documentation and file them in correct location. The Document Controller is responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Pros
provides us, Food, Accommodation, Transportation, laundry.
Cons
launch and break.
resigned cause the job environment did not fit me. The guys there was fun to work with but i did not like the place cause i loved to work in banks but at that moment no bank excepted me so i had to take this job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Attended daily meetings and review daily contract requirements being boarded weekly by the Chief of Staff and his voting members. Very challenging environment because you are performing at a 3Star Command level and your input is essential for their decison making process.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
10 hours working days
Be prepared for anything and everything. Stay accountable for personnel and your actions as they could result in the ultimate price.
Responsible for operating all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways in Iraq. Manage loading, unloading, and the safety of personnel being transported during convoy operations. Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers. Ensure that proper convoy defense techniques were utilized during convoy operations. Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies ensuring to an efficient convoy. Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air and vessel.
Timeliness is everything. There are many different career paths to choose from. The benefits can be great. You work with everybody around the work so it is a very cultural experience. It can however be very mentally demanding. The ability to make quick decisions and not second guess yourself is critical.
Pros
Free housing and food
Cons
Family life can be difficult
We performed convoy security for trucks traveling in iraq, I also performed base security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?