U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

Human Resources Specialist1,647 reviews
Found 1,647 reviews matching the search
Great employer and always helping out soldiers to a very large extent. Definitely recommend the military especially if your single with no responsibility. Great opportunity, life, Benefits and future career for you or a loved one.
Be careful with the 82nd, some companies are very toxic and leaderships are then Worst. You. an make a lot of friends for life and the pay check is okay
Unforgettable experience, but really think about what you want to do prior to joining. Get to do lots of training and see how your role affects the Army as a whole in some cases. Benefits are great, especially if you have a family. Military service can set you up for a multitude of careers when you decide to separate. Always remember that no one cares more about your career and well being than you!
Pros
Salary, Off Time, Job Training, No two days are the same
Cons
Time away from family, Management, Possible Injury or Death
Organization enables you to learn and grow as a professional. Able to travel and experience different cultures around the world. Hours are long but the end result is rewarding.
Benefits
Cons
Work Hours
Pay was good the benefits were good but the psychology calling the shots was unethical. Didn't I agree with a lot of choices that were being made chain of command was dysfunctional
Benefits
Cons
Ego complexes
women unfortunately, have it worse than there male counter parts. leadership will make or break your experience, which you have to wait out you cant just change or leave. so if they suck and make your life miserable and you can server your term, get out and be safe; role the dice and have the chances of getting it all over again.

i have met some of the best people I've ever met in the army and I've also met some of the worst.
Pros
free health care and a lot of free resources and benefits
Cons
not the best quality resources, you have no say or choice in the hand your delt
The benefits are amazing and it really sets me up for success. I joined at a young age and it helped mature me and mold me into a better professional. The military was a great stepping stone for my future career.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lack of family time
not too bad of an experience. Traveling was nice. COLA was ok. Benefits were great. Leadership was subpar at some locations. No accountability. Paid for college
I start off my day with Physical Training, then go into work and do whatever is asked of me to do as far as making the company better. I learned Postal Operations, I learned how to do personnel accountability, using Army related programs. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I will never quit anything I start.
The Army isn’t for everyone. It’s a cutthroat organization where people will stab you in the bad to get ahead or not to get in trouble. You’ll have bad leadership that makes you not want to re-enlist but you’ll also have what i call false leadership. They make it easy and they’re great leaders but once you reenlist and leave them it’s back to the bad leaders
Benefits
Cons
The people
My experience in the army wasn’t the best , I know the Army itself wasn’t the problem and I don’t believe I had an issue with the army . But my company and the leadership I was under , was just terrible.
I am a memeber of the army reserves & I will say that it seems a bit unorganized. Also, I feel as though active duty should receive more pay than they do.
A typical day depends on your section, work load and chain of command. We work 9-5 but we do PT every morning before work. You can either come in early or stay late!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Duties changes a lot
The military is a great career. They offer free healthcare and also give you 30 days of vacation a year. It’s is also room for growth in the military as well.
I had a lot of fun. Learning and experiencing the Army was different but very challenging. I was around a lot of people with different ranks and learned what discipline was early on. I had some awesome mentors that helped pave me a path to success along the way.
Depending on your station, you can be in charge of other soldiers' welfare, the paperwork for a new family in the area, or the entire companies budget. The harder you work and study the easier it is to advance in a job environment as this one. I learned a lot based on experience and trail and error. I encourage those who like structure, and are competitive to join this organization.
If you looking to challenge yourself in everything, sign up! Nothing better than feeling like your job has given you purpose and experience that goes with even after serving
I loved it. Even going through boot camp was fine. It was hard but it is something that everyone can do if they push themselves. I never thought that I could go through it but I did and so can you.
I enjoy my job. I will work with the army as long as possible. They teach you a lot about detail and being independent as well as working with other proficiently.
The Army sucks I wouldn’t recommend, unless you look good on paper, no true knowledge of your MOS is needed if you’re a “yes man”. A lot of the “benefits” are misleading.
Terrible Job With Terrible leadership. Work hours are extended and overtime pay is not authorized. also, the living conditions are not humane and we do not get enough opportunities as far as career progression.