U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Infantryman

Infantryman3,555 reviews
Found 3,555 reviews matching the search
Training to be a US Infantryman was not easy and needs little explanation. Most people understand what those men go through. I was injured during training and had to be sent home at the peak of my training.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at U.S. Army is none you will not have a choice on when you go home you’re there until they say otherwise

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at U.S. Army are free medical and dental but god forbid you start to have aches and pains because the PA will almost always just say take some Advil's and drink some water they dont really care about your well-being until its too late
Really the only drawback to the military is the young, immature, high school like mentality that encompasses the workplace environment. But you’ll have that given the average age in the enlisted category is 23-24 years old.
Pros
Cool training, cool schools
Cons
Never know when you’re coming or going. How long you’ll be gone.
I loved the army it was my dream job but it’s not for everyone they do work you harder then anyone else and they will push you to your breaking point. Really normal but the leadership kinda makes it a downer working there and they really don’t give you a chance to work to the full potential until you’ve been there a little while.
Pros
New Locations, Culture, lifestyle
Cons
Beaten down, 24 hour shifts, low starting pay
I learned a great ton after working with the Army; some skills I will translate into my future job endeavors. Some skills I learned was the ability to lead and adapt to various stress induced environments.
I was glad to serve in the United States Army. It helped me to grow as a person and to gain a lot of useful skills. I look forward to taking the skills I received from the Army and using them in other jobs.
The army wasnt a very good to have. You either make it or you dont. Your best bet for survival is going to as many schools as early as possible then to continue a few schools here and there. You sometimes get good officers with your unit, but nine times out of ten they are horrible. Your only hope is to continuously PCS so you dont have to deal with the garbage at one place forever. Go as many places as you can and dont get comfortable. EVER> because it will change that second. If you have real life problems your command will pretend like theyre there to help then they will attempt to destroy your life as a result. Everything is about getting you messed over. thats why you get your tab- or go 18 series. dont mess with around with the regular army.
Pros
tricare, deployment is good until youre garrison again
Cons
everything else
People you meet and the places you go are always a plus. Lots to see out there. Overall a solid job and career opportunity. A lot of different job and career paths. You own your path. There will be some really good times and some really bad times. You will meet some pretty cool individuals and you will meet some of the world's worst people. You definitely have to earn everything you get and need. Be a good runner!
Pros
Places, people
Cons
Not a lot of family time. On call 24/7
Great benefits and room for advancement. Honored to serve my Country and be a part of something larger than myself. Was mired in a dead-end job and needed a career to excel in life. This was it!
Team work, motivation and dedication is what it takes if you want success in the military, knowing your team members and support each others.. you will earn base on your rank.
Pros
education benefits, skills, other benefits
Cons
is difficult specially the first year.
Leadership regularly harassed and hazed soldiers, to the point of suicide. Soldiers were regularly sexually harassed and singled out, so leadership could play favorite. Single soldiers worked 16+ hour days regularly, while married soldiers were allowed to go home early. Leadership had no idea how to manage soldiers or workloads. Soldiers were forbidden from seeking medical consultations. Soldiers regularly worked through breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Overall, the experience was very negative, not just for myself but the vast majority of soldiers I worked with.
Pros
Guaranteed paycheck
Cons
No work/life balance, poor pay, poor healthcare, poor compensation
I'm married and haven't seen my wife for almost two years bc the army split us up and didn't station us together they owe me around 35000$ in bah and bas bc I havent recieved any even tho I'm married and laying out of pocket to live in an apartment...
Most days you wake up at 5am to get ready for work and don't usually leave till 6pm only usually getting time to eat for lunch
Pros
Some people are good
Cons
everything
Embrace the stink (won’t let me say the real word) and hopefully you’ll get broken enough to get good VA disability. It’s gonna chew you up and spit you out. Oh, and wait til you learn about the green hot dog (won’t let me say real word).
Pros
Healthcare for when they break you
Cons
Actually getting broken
I learned more in the army than I would have anywhere else I’ve been deployed, seen the world, had amazing benefits, good pay, etc. It is tough to raise a family while serving though.
It’s a great experience to be a part of. The work is hard at times but on others it’s a relaxing day. The job is fun and exciting and you learn how to overcome challenges and obstacles that everyday try to hold you back from achieving your goal.
Army was surprisingly challenging. What stood out during my time of service is the amount of effort we must put in to accomplish whatever missions were given to the infantrymen.
In my current duty station I am able to start on some classes so I can get a good job out side of the Army when my contract is up. I have some leaders that are able to help me and give me time to work on that and even give me time off to take care of myself to get the things I need to get done and I am grateful for them.
Pros
Alot of free time, leaders that help me and able to get free college
Cons
work is sometimes boring
The United States Army is based of discipline and leadership skills. We learn to work as a team to overcome challenges and missions that are meant to be completed. The United States Army is more than a team, It’s my family.
Pros
Training and leadership classes
Its great. I really loved my time there. If you like working hard, making cool lifelong friends, join the infantry. If you like sitting around complaining about how bad things suck, stay home. Find another job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Its sometimes not fun
Great work environment but hard training. That training provides us with the skill to defend our country and our families. Multiple training opportunities to provide skills for life after their Military services.
Pros
Travel, great training, useful life saving skills.
Cons
Long days, on call whenever the Company or Platoon needs you.
Got lucky with leadership.
Each NCO is different but most are putting there career advancement

If you do get a great NCO they we’ll be able to make your time their fun and make you want to re-enlist