U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Military Police

Military Police1,476 reviews
Found 1,476 reviews matching the search
As a Military Police Officer, I had extensive training that included Interpersonal Communication Skills, and that has helped me through life! I was responsible for the safety and well-being of many others and I took this responsibility very seriously.
Take care of yourself because noone else takes care of you like you. Tools to build a productive life after the military. Gives ability to go to college.
I enjoyed the individuals that I worked with more than leadership. We worked long hours, but the mission of being ready for war is important. Better vetting of leadership needs to be done.
The army gives you a lot of chances for many fields of work. The army allows you to grow and gain experience in any field you can think of. Many benefits and chances of improvement.
Very good experience and variety of qualities learned. Tough and controlled work environment but establishes discipline. I enjoyed working with new people and learning the differences in people’s upbringings and backgrounds but can still come together and get the job done. The army changes you for a lifetime you become very scheduled and always make sure things are done the right way.
Overall my experience with the army has had it’s ups and downs. The environment can be very stressful at times but that is what’s expected when you are in the service. I have met wonderful people so far and have had good leadership throughout my journey.
It was a great learning experience and taught me alot of great life lessons. It helped me grow as an individual and I loved serving my country as well as my community.
Pros
Pride and respect for serving
Cons
Away from family
I was able to make friends of a life time in the Army. I was also able to travel the world by being able to deploy to multiple locations. I do not regret my time in the Army.
Good for some people. You need to be resilient as challenges come often and Most are not easy. Balancing family is possible but very hard most days. Long stays away from home are probable.
If you like to travel and challenge yourself/ try something new, then the us army is a good choice. Especially if you don’t want student debt/ you don’t know what your gonna do in college.
Pros
Travel, Job stability, benefits
Cons
No down time, treated like children, toxic leadership
Comradery, being able to show up in uniform to represent the U.S., traveling and deploying, meeting so many different people, benefits, getting comfortable doing things out of the ordinary that you didn't feel comfortable with before. Leading soldiers and working law enforcement to protect this great nation on military installations.
Do your research. DO NOT take everything the recruiter tells you to be true. They are there to get people to join and will do everything they can to get you to sign that contract. Personal experience, only go for the job YOU want, they will try to put you in any open spot but with the army you do have a choice on the job if it is available. Not 100% sure about other branches.
I love the military. I learned so much from this organization. My training and discipline will stay with me for the rest of my life. I will be on time and always see my mission to completion because of the military
Being in the Army has inherent mandatory Sacrifices. However if you are a hard worker and a valuable asset to the unit don't expect to be rewarded for your time, emotional, and mental investment; as the unit will never let you go and succeed because they need you to do whatever task they are currently focused on. Further as a Military Police Officer you will never get 4 days or holidays off to spend with your family and friends. It is a thank-less job where the brass will not protect you and always believe the complaint even if you have video evidence of the latter. I loved being a Solider in a unit where the Leadership did what they are supposed to do. Just know I had 2 units in 8 years that did this and the last one was so bad we had 3 Leaders removed for various reasons related to Mal-treatment of Soldiers. All of my toxic unit experiences where related to Law Enforcement focused Units.
I dont reccomend this jobs. Unstable work schedule, toxic leadership, and long hours. Decent benefits but dont wanna stay in due to people ruling your life.
Not interested in writing a review about my former employer. This should be optional and not mandatory. Its pretty ridiculous to be forced to do it without having a choice.
Everything depends in the amount of effort you put into the work. I worked as a military police officer and very much enjoyed it. I manage to respond to calls and I also worked as a police administrator.
It feels more like a family than anything else. You could be having a bad day and someone somewhere will understand what you are going through, and be able to help you out.
Army National Guard is a great place to start in getting established and helping to pay for college. Can be hard at times with activations and assignments, but is worth the work and effort that is put into the job.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Time away from family
Drill pay sucks if your in the reserves or guard if your looking for a paycheck definitely active duty is way to go way more advancement in active duty
Early days and late evenings, depending on the job or location requirements.
Management can be great, but just as likely to be terrible.

You learn the difference between what it means to be a good or bad leader very early in your career.

The workplace is very team-focused. It can be a very motivating environment. The way you handle criticism is key.

The hours can be long. Knowing the mission and taking initiative goes a long way to keeping the days short.

The best part of the job is knowing that your success and happiness are ultimately in your own hands. There are many opportunities to be had. Knowing what opportunities you have available is the key to success.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, mission oriented, team-focused
Cons
Long hours, benefits and pay can be matched by civilian employers