U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Soldier

Soldier1,429 reviews
Found 1,429 reviews matching the search
Its for a very specific group of people that have what it takes to defend this country. The feeling that comes over you when you know you doing something like this to protect your country is unrivaled.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
It’s great for people who don’t have many opportunities where they are from. Benefits are good travel is great. Work life balance sucks. Over all not horrible
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
It’s unlike any job that you can find in the civilian world. Sometimes there’s long hours and sometimes there’s fun days where the hours fly. You will learn something new occasionally.
Pros
Free lunch, help always on hand
Cons
Short breaks, weather inclinations
Great place to get disciplined and learn respect things that will make you a great worker no matter if you stay mlitary or not. The Army will make you a better person.
Too much bureaucracy. After nearly 24 years I really can't take the red tape anymore so it's time for me to go. The Army is great for a person with little to no experience or skills.
Pros
Great pay for the skills required
The Benifits are good. Leadership quality is inconsistent. I really don’t have much more to say without throwing people under the bus. Take that comment for what it’s worth.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Leadership
If you’re patriotic go for it. If you want a sense of purpose go for it. If you don’t mind not having sense go for it. Just not for me, or a lot of people.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Army.
I enjoyed being active duty and would return. The work experience is nice and you learn multiple skills to assist in future jobs. Your MOS can also play a roll in future jobs.
great school of hard knocks . Learn something new everyday plenty of room for advancement in the right MOS . Great way of life with a good future. Great benefits.
Pros
free meals
Worked her three years before I was given a huge wrap discharge but overall my experience was satisfactory put me through a lot of tough experiences and being able to overcome adversity.
Pros
Given a room to sleep and food to eat
Cons
Distinction
An abundance of experiences that will take you around the world if you so desire. My family and I were well taken care of. Would highly recommend this employer.
The Army values are respectable, but no one ever follows them perfectly. You tend to focus on one and hone on that. If you're passionate about killing people and the Army War tactics then you will make it far, but if you're here for just a job, then stick it out in the civilian sector. Don't get suckered into the sale from the recruiter, not everyone can survive here.
Pros
Free shelter and free meals. Job security.
Cons
High-stress and little sleep.
Wait around all day for something to do. Very little to do in occupation. Didnt like going to the field to bivoac and staying in pup tents in the woods. Usual 8 hour workday goes by slowly. After work there are no other jobs to do, that time is yours. Getting ranks was not a problem to achieve. If you did what you were supposed to be doing at all times.
Pros
Free breakfast lunches and dinners if you wanted.
Cons
Food wasn't always good somedays.
The army taught me many things and forged me into a efficient leader. The army taught me to think on my feet, how to be proactive, and taught me to always be on time.
Pros
Gained knowledge
Cons
Weeks in the field
I loved my time in the Army. As a soldier not only do you get incredible training but you get to meet people from all over the world. The benefits are great even after service.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
You can receive a lot of work experience and training that will further your career. You also receive pay increases and promotions along with full benefits for you and your family.
US Army is one of my first ever longest career. And it serves as my stepping stones to achieve everything i have right now. US Army gives you an idea and helps you to realize how to survive in a world where hardships is an actual thing. Army helps me to become a leader and at the same time a good follower.
Everything about the Army I loved. The brotherhood, the camaraderie, and the skills. It’s not just for “patriots”, it’s for anyone who is confused and wants to find their way.
Pros
Camaraderie
Unnaturally the best environment for learning life skills, people skills, personal realizations, social networking, personal social convictions, loyalty, respect, life values and honor!!!
brought me a very blessed and energized life for my entire career. I Loved it and I am happy to have been able to do my job and be part of the US Army til retirement.
Easiest job in the world. Nearly impossible to be fired, opportunities for advancement, education, travel. Make it through Basic and AIT and job is super easy.