U.S. Army

U.S. Army Management reviews

Kuwait123 reviews
Duty time was little difficult because we have lot of traveling on work management was very most hardest part of job is work on night shift, most enjoyable part of the job is work in receiving section
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Most satisfying part of the job was that I was able to help out a lot of people to get into the workforce after getting an ID badge. Management couldn't care what you do. In fact, they lived in Hilton and left workers in the Sand, very indifferent and now they lost the contract. I won't shed tears for them.
Pros
Management never worried about your production
Cons
Project Manager was rude, and had no clue how to write a good email. Army authorities were very unhappy to deal with the PM, and so they dealt very poorly with the linguists with regards to their housing.
U.S. Army Central, is a unique and challenging command, operating across multiple battlefields, spanned over several countries. Serving as the Army's executive agent for USCENTCOM, the command has oversight of a $15B annual budget in support of war efforts throughout the middle east and southwest asia.
A typical day starts with physical training in the morning from 0630 until 0730. After that is completed, we have about a hour and a half to conduct personal hygiene, then off to work by 0900. The work day lasts typically until 1700 (5pm).
Pros
Housing allowance
Cons
Time management varies
fast paced and great learning experience. you will deal with project management and customer service on a daily basis. you will learn more about yourself than you can possibly imagine
The workplace is very nice,enjoyable and a lot of educational opportunity.the management takes extra care for all its staffs.the soldiers are very friendly too.
come in and interact and train Soldiers. learned how to be the best leader I could be for my Soldiers. My management was great working offered advice if needed and took care of me. My co-workers we all worked as a team. Didn't have any hard parts of my job. Training and making sure my Soldiers were taking care of is what I enjoyed about my job.
Be prepared for anything and everything. Stay accountable for personnel and your actions as they could result in the ultimate price.
The I.T.T company was involved in maintenance and servicing of heavy equipment i.e. Cranes, 10K Fork Lift, Hydraulic operation machines, Bulldozer and Army fighting Tanks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial Environment for the U.S Army engaged in Gulf War.
RESPONSIBILITIES

To implement the service schedules through available mechanics

To make purchase requisition for parts and consumables

To give in put to the management regarding the functioning of various equipments
To suggest for alterations and modifications
To moniter and control the activities of subordinate staff

OTHER QUALIFICATION

Two APPRECIATION CERTIFICATES for my excellent work from Project Manager I.T.T. U.S.Army base Kuwait.
Serving my country was an honor. I leanred better leadership skills, soldier and task management. The hardest part of this job was being away from family.
Pros
Serving our country
Cons
being away from family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?
12 hour work day
learned logistics, expediting parts, and worked with management to complete missions that were critical to helping our war fighters.
The hardest part of the the job to me was making sure we knew we had supplies coming in for the up coming missions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were helping to save lives out in the battle field by producing safe, and fresh vehicles for our troops.
Pros
uplift, per diem, housing
Cons
climate
My typical day at work consisted of juggling many projects at once. I liked the diverse nature of day to day tasks. One day I would be working with the local banks, the next with the US Embassy, and the next with the Federal Reserve Bank.

The management within the organization was a mixed crowd. Senior officers varied from being supremely competent and motivating to dumb and obtrusive. I was able to influence those around me in order to get important and challenging tasks.

Just like any deployment, the work schedule was grueling. The schedule switched from one day off a week to two half days off per week while I was there. Overtime during the regular work week was mandatory.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met and the good amount of traveling I did.
Pros
free food, free housing
Cons
almost no time off, some untalented coworkers
This company built up a strong basement for management skill and kept a good relation with employees. Believes all religious custom. I learned a lot from this and made me a good knowledgeble person.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a