U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging workplace.
Lots to do with not enough time. Many challenging situations that helped build character and problem solving skills. Working as a team and taking the lead when needed is required.
you cant beat the heat!!!
the hardest part of the job was being away from my loved ones and dealing with all the sandstorms
Pros
heat
Cons
sand mix with heat
Deployment
Serving my country was an honor. I leanred better leadership skills, soldier and task management. The hardest part of this job was being away from family.
Pros
Serving our country
Cons
being away from family
Fast paced and changing environment
Timeliness is everything. There are many different career paths to choose from. The benefits can be great. You work with everybody around the work so it is a very cultural experience. It can however be very mentally demanding. The ability to make quick decisions and not second guess yourself is critical.
Pros
Free housing and food
Cons
Family life can be difficult
Facility Manager
Responsible to oversee the majority of the logistics in excess of $400 Million worth of equipment for all projects, living quarters and facilities for 5 northern camps in Kuwait.
• Managed 350 civilian contractors on daily base camp operation and established priorities of work on a daily basis

• Supervised daily base camp construction projects to ensure it meets the standards set by the us government

• Responsible for all facility maintenance and operations for over 200,000 personnel daily.

• Responsible for the Development and update of Pre-fire plans for government facilities. We achieved a 100% rating on safety inspections.
Pros
fast pace and very demanding 20, 000 soldiers relied on our facilities.
Productive and Professional Enviroment
-12 Hour days 6 days a week
- I learned how to use excel and power point.

-My unit leaders were awesome to work under and my coworkers were also great and professional people.

-The hardest part of the job was the 9 Month separation from my family and friends. Everything was tolerable though.

-My favorite Thing was definitely gaining confidence in my decision making process.
Pros
free housing, free food, 4 meals a day, meet good people, great benefits
Cons
dusty weather, extremely hot weather
Worked with US Army police
It was a privilege working with US Army and coalition forces.The company I worked fro is a good and reputed one. It takes care of the employees to the best.
Pros
enjoyed the privelege working with us and coalition forces
Cons
long working hours line 12 to 14 hours a day
Most enjoyable
Making a difference and serving my country is the most beneficial and rewarding aspect of the Army.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?
Fun non-stop work pace
A very exciting job with multible work duties at a fast non stop pace. I learned about travel,maintence,security,transportation, and many other job duties the US Army way. I managed 15 co-workers, and the hardest part of the job was the pace. the best part was that I was always in the middle of everything. I would not change a thing.
Pros
free food, non stop work
Cons
short breaks
Professional environment
- Documents checking, oral translation with culture and history advisory on a daily bases .
- Managing training, lectures and meetings under the supervision of the commander and operations officer.

- Best part of the job is the cross-culture exposure and the social life involved with the nature of the job.

- The toughest part of the job the balancing between family life and job time requirement.
Productive, Cutting Edge Work Environment
My typical day involves meet with key leaders in the United States Army and researching information to present during briefings.
Professional Organization
Enjoyed the many challenges learned during my one year deployment with USARCENT in Kuwait
Pros
professional
Cons
away from family
Great learning experience
You learn something new each day you come to work becuase there is always something new that requires ones attention. You have your good leaders and you have your bad leaders. The officers and soldiers that I work with are great and help me in my daily learnings.
Work Experience
Worked as Automated Logistics Specialist
IT Help Desk Technician

Training Non Commissioned Officer In Charge

Movement and Parts Clerk
benefits
its the army
Wake up, do physical training, take care of various duties, go to bed.
Great place to work and learning was a plus on different systems.
12 hour work day
learned logistics, expediting parts, and worked with management to complete missions that were critical to helping our war fighters.

The hardest part of the the job to me was making sure we knew we had supplies coming in for the up coming missions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were helping to save lives out in the battle field by producing safe, and fresh vehicles for our troops.
Pros
uplift, per diem, housing
Cons
climate
Challenging and rewarding career with excellent opportunities to advance
A professional organization of the highest calling. The camaraderie, team work, training opportunities, and various leadership positions has given me a competitive edge in a short amount of time. As an operations and logistics manager in Kuwait, I work with over 7 different countries in the Middle East, giving me an outstanding global experience as well.
Pros
career progression, new opportunities, and job security
Cons
extended travel requirements
United States Army
We performed convoy security for trucks traveling in iraq, I also performed base security
A great place to serve the USA
My typical day at work consisted of juggling many projects at once. I liked the diverse nature of day to day tasks. One day I would be working with the local banks, the next with the US Embassy, and the next with the Federal Reserve Bank.

The management within the organization was a mixed crowd. Senior officers varied from being supremely competent and motivating to dumb and obtrusive. I was able to influence those around me in order to get important and challenging tasks.

Just like any deployment, the work schedule was grueling. The schedule switched from one day off a week to two half days off per week while I was there. Overtime during the regular work week was mandatory.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met and the good amount of traveling I did.
Pros
free food, free housing
Cons
almost no time off, some untalented coworkers
Enjoyable work place while instructing fun and exciting students every day.
Exciting days while meeting new students and personality's every day. Fun and exciting co-workers to work with. While doing so your able to learn different instructing stiles.
Challenging
Lots of opportunities for advancement. Always sending you to classes. Moving every three years.
Pros
free medical
Cons
deployments